what kind of accent do you have?

123457»

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I have HELLA a Northern California accent. When I get angry, however, my Cali spanglish comes out.

I can tell from your typing that you are HELLA Cali. LOL! :flowerforyou:
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    well im from lancaster county PA and ive been told i have a accent.. however i dont think i do, LOL! and the hubbys from england so hes deff got a sexy accent! ;)
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Canadian accent in North Carolina... Sticks out.

Someone at worked asked me at work once if I was British. Not sure about that one.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Carolina girl right here! But both my parents were raised in NY so all southern drawl was cancelled out. Totally love listening to people with accents from other countries :flowerforyou:
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    I have a messed up accent - well at least that is what people tell me lol - from k-12 i went too 13 schools and 7 states so depending on what i am saying and who i am around i can go from boston type accent to southern lol
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Mostly Southern (born in Georgia, as was my mom) but when I was a kid I spent a lot of time with my dad (Zimbabwe born, so a British/South African sounding accent) and picked up some of his ways of saying things. For example, I pronounce "year" like "yur."
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    American accent! But have been told my voice is unique and that I have a small accent.... I stopped convincing people that it's all American lol .. I don't hear anything other than the typical American accent.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 926 Member
    I talk like a Canadian hillbilly or as people from the area know, like a yooper (from the upper peninsula of Michigan)
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Southern! Virginia Belle style <3
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    I'm English and from the South West of England. Those from the SW of England are sterotyped as having farmer style accents,

wouldnt say posh, what I would say is ''get off my land''
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    We totally to say "EH" all the time! LOL We were in France visiting friends and they couldn't stop laughing every time we did it. No idea we were even saying it. I was going to start saying "right" instead of "eh" as it sounds more proper but I just can't stop!

Little bit of Canadian, eh? LOL... we don't actually say that as much as the stereotype. :explode: It's mostly used in questions, like someone from the USA would say "huh?" That's all. Oh, except one thing...

As once SO FAMOUSLY stated in a Molson Canadian Beer Commercial..... :bigsmile:

"I'm not a lumberjack or a fur trader. I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dog sled. And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice. I have a prime minister, not a president. I speak English and French, not "American". And I pronounce it about, not aboot. I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I believe in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation. And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch. And it is pronounced zed, not zee, zed. Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey and the best part of North America. My name is Joe, and I am Canadian!" :tongue:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Not sure, but people are usually surprised to hear how I talk.. I'm told I'm not mexican sounding, whatever the hell that means.