pizza at the gym?!

Options

Replies

• BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Holy Mole!!!! I am totally joinging! this sounds like my type of gym! It just so turns out that my gym Bally's is in transition and im contemplating a new gym!!!!!! the pizza is just a bonus!! yummmm Hell I got a plan set out for Monday nights now...
    Let me break it down for ya!...........

Beerunners monday night!

Work
    9-5
    Gym
    5:30-6:30
    PIZZA right afterward!!!

7:30 til?
    The Bar for beers and Monday night football!!!

Hell yeah!!!!!:drinker:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Holy Mole!!!! I am totally joinging! this sounds like my type of gym! It just so turns out that my gym Bally's is in transition and im contemplating a new gym!!!!!! the pizza is just a bonus!! yummmm Hell I got a plan set out for Monday nights now...

Beerunners monday night!

Work
    9-5
    Gym
    PIZZA right afterward!!!

Pizza makes a great base for beer drinking :wink:
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    :( I'm kind of sad that my gym is seen as such a crappy gym.

Boooo!
    (oh well, that's what I should expect for $20 a month).

It $10 a month in Florida.

I'm in NY and there are 2 membership options

$10 - can use only one gym
    $20 - can go to any PF, can bring a guest every time, unlimited use of massage chairs/tanning

unlimited tanning, free guest AND pizza on that one monday for $20 a month? I'm going to sign up!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

$20 - can go to any PF, can bring a guest every time, unlimited use of massage chairs/tanning
    unlimited tanning, free guest AND pizza on that one monday for $20 a month? I'm going to sign up!
    $20 option typically requires a contract.
  • uberrach
    uberrach Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Also, if you guys are Aetna members and are interested in joining Planet Fitness, they have discounts for new members available!

http://www.pages02.net/aetnaenterprise/DiscountPrograms_ME_201111/

Totally worth investigating to save some money. I'm already a PF member so I can't take advantage, but I hope someone here can!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

$20 option typically requires a contract.

YES, so sorry, forgot to mention that. The $10 plan has no contract but the $20 one does.
  • KatieJane83
    Options

Beerunners monday night!

Work
    9-5
    Gym
    PIZZA right afterward!!!

That sounds like a frickin awesome plan! lol I still think they might as well just add beer to the PF Monday pizza night though, then you get all of life's necessities in one location! Pizza, beer, and exercise! Woot!
  • KimmieBrie
    Options
    That sounds like a frickin awesome plan! lol I still think they might as well just add beer to the PF Monday pizza night though, then you get all of life's necessities in one location! Pizza, beer, and exercise! Woot!

Then people would do it in the wrong order and start falling off the treadmills, tripping over free weights, and passing out on weight benches! Go Planet Fitness!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    :( I'm kind of sad that my gym is seen as such a crappy gym.

Boooo!
    (oh well, that's what I should expect for $20 a month).

Personally, I don't care what anyone else says about PF. They have the treadmills and arc trainers that I use, the weight machines, and a large enough area for stretching/crunches/etc. AND, it costs me 10 bucks a month. Suits my needs! To each their own says I.

I love Planet Fitness, although I haven't been in awhile. Been doin' my own thing at home. My location doesn't offer any aerobics/dance or bodyjam classes or I would go more often. Don't mind the pizza or bagels....neither are my food of choice.
  • KatieJane83
    Options

Then people would do it in the wrong order and start falling off the treadmills, tripping over free weights, and passing out on weight benches! Go Planet Fitness!

Yeah, but then there would be more to keep me entertained while I'm running on the treadmill! hehe
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Beerunners monday night!

Work
    9-5
    Gym
    PIZZA right afterward!!!

Hell yeah!!!! it would be an awesome party atmosphere..workout first then eat pizza and have some drinks!!! total social heaven! hahahahahahaha
  • KimmieBrie
    Options
    OK - just back from signing up! FREE pizza the 1st Monday of every month AND I got a free T-shirt woo hoo!!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    OK - just back from signing up! FREE pizza the 1st Monday of every month AND I got a free T-shirt woo hoo!!

Nice!! Got my free t-shirt too! Hope you enjoy it there!
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Planet Fitness.

That's just about all you had to say.

yEEEUp

The gym does that on purpose to keep its members fat, so that they keep going there and renewing their memberships. That = money for the gym.

But hey! Its judgment free though!. That is, unless your fit, want to be fit, are actually willing to put the effort into being fit, or are a bodybuilder (in which case your a lunk)
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Planet Fitness.

yEEEUp

The gym does that on purpose to keep its members fat, so that they keep going there and renewing their memberships. That = money for the gym.

But hey! Its judgment free though!. That is, unless your fit, want to be fit, are actually willing to put the effort into being fit, or are a bodybuilder (in which case your a lunk)

Eh, my gym seems pretty cool. I'm pretty fit and so are quite a few of the other people that go there. And there are a decent number of really buff, muscular, weight-lifting types, so at least at my branch it seems pretty open to everyone. Which I really like!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness.

yEEEUp

Eh, my gym seems pretty cool. I'm pretty fit and so are quite a few of the other people that go there. And there are a decent number of really buff, muscular, weight-lifting types, so at least at my branch it seems pretty open to everyone. Which I really like!

My Planet Fitness is the same way. (The fact that is is $10 a month and 2 miles away from my house is also a plus) :-)
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Planet Fitness.

yEEEUp

My Planet Fitness is the same way. (The fact that is is $10 a month and 2 miles away from my house is also a plus) :-)

No kidding, 10 bucks a month and no contract was huge for me, lol.
  • KimmieBrie
    Options
    I did the $20 a month so I can go to multi gyms (2 near my house, 1 near my work)

What I noticed about Planet Fitness VS my more expensive gym by work is:

No towel service @ PF- BOOOO
    Showers/locker room cleaner with many more amenities @ pricier gym
    Trainers all look like they could be models in an athletic magazine @ pricier gym
    Much less crowded, older crowd @ pricier gym
    PF has free Papa Gino's pizza once a mo lol - and water/juice available - pricier gym just has water bubblers.
    PF is open later till 11pm M-thurs - other gym closes @ 10p

If you are looking for an inexpensive gym you can frequent off peak hours and easily work out - PF is a great choice, I see no reason to put it down. I may keep my membership by work only because the PF near there is insanely busy @ lunchtime when I would use it and often you have to wait. I can't afford to wait at lunch because time is limited... or I may stop going at lunch all together, cancel that and just do PF @ night. The cleaner showers etc become a non issue near home since I wont be showering there, I'll just go home. A gym is a gym is a gym. If pizza offends, don't go the 1st Mon of the month :) If you think they are doing it to sabotage you and keep you fat, you are easily sabotaged. IDK why some people think PF is a less "serious" gym. It's all what you make it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza. It's whole wheat and 55% less fat, but it's pizza.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It isn't just Planet fitness. My Gym Club24 has started doing that and I have heard of other gyms doing it.
    Thankfully for some reason I am never there when it happens.
    They just think if they give people a treat once a month it will keep the people going back to the gym.

Lol see, that's what I like about my GYm. They don;t send in the pizza, they send me an email if I haven't been around for a while. Asking if all is okay? If I am lacking maybe motivation and want to have a session with one of the PT's to get back onto the waggon ... lol