Are you a hugger?

Options

Replies

• DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    NOOOO!!! Huge germaphobe here so I avoid touching people....besides people in my home I guess lol :ohwell:
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I am DEF. a hugger. To me there is nothing like a good strong hug from a friend or a loved one. I would go with a handshake if it were someone I didn't know though. My family, as a whole, before I got married NEVER hugged. We pretty much didn't touch each other at all. However, my husbands family went through a very tough time and we all became huggers and still are to this day. I have one daughter that will hug you dearly and the other with kind of cringe and back away.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I love a good hug. A hug can make a HUGE difference to someone's day.

However, my family aren't very demonstrative in terms of PDA so don't have many hugs with them. Except a couple of years ago, I had planned a night out for my 21st birthday and on the day of my night out, I got a few calls from people who said they were going (which was about 6/7 people) to come saying they couldn't make it etc etc...I called the night off at the last minute and when I got home, I was in tears telling my mum what had happened. She pulled me into a tight hug for such a long time, I felt a bit weird because I can't remember the last time I hugged my mum, but it felt so good to have her hold me and support me when I was feeling down. Ended up going out with my parents to a few pubs in town which was nice though - didn't wallow in sadness.

I like to hug my friends...and friends of friends when I meet them.....and on nights out when I get rather drunk, EVERYONE gets a hug from me :tongue: :drinker:
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I love to hug, everyone...but I know some and maybe even a lot of people are not touchy - feely like I am so I don't hug or anything unless I absolutely know the person does not mind. : )

this reminds me of my ex's sister who seemed totally facinated by the fact that I wasnt a "hugger" and she'd make a B-line for me as soon as she saw me and as soon as it was time to say our good-byes. I felt like she just wanted to smother me lol I totally get the whole mentality of hugging everyone but i'm glad you at least can decipher that just because someone doesn't feel comfortable hugging that they don't mean it to you personally.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love to hug!!!
    Can we hug?
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I wasn't originally a hugger, but I decided I -should- be, so I totally am now. I kind of gauge the person with my arms open and then dive in. My husband's sister is not a hugger, and I rather enjoy making her uncomfortable with my SUPER HUG (terrible, I know), so there are some of us out there who use our hugs for occasional evil.

I tell you I hate those pelvis apart hugs. Like where the person kind of holds you back so you don't get a -good- hug and you both just stand their with only your shoulders touching and your butt out? Boo. I'd rather not hug.
  • shendras
    shendras Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ugh, and have people touch my fat? Only family hugs for me, thanks :smile:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty anti-social when it comes to physical contact. Part of it is because I do not like being confined, it brings out my animal instinct that I'm trapped and vulnerable to attack if I'm bound.

JM
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I love hugs.

My family and I are all huggers...and cryers..
  • mamnboston
    mamnboston Posts: 81
    Options
    I could use a hug right now :)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yes. I weird people out sometimes with my hugs.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I could use a hug right now :)

*hugs*
    :flowerforyou:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Depends. On first encounters- no. When I know the person- yes.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I only hug people I know, say my wife and kids, besides that i cant stand being touched my people I dont know and wow this thread is an old one lol. Honestly being touched by strangers freaks me out.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Depends....

For the most part yes.....usually if Im just meeting the person generally no

Always love a hug tho
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm huge on personal space... as we Northeastern Americans tend to be. I suppose I'm a somewhat standoffish person, I suppose. (Moving to the South has been quite an adjustment, in some ways.)

I dunno... I'd hug & kiss my dad anywhere, anytime, but have not generally been fond of PDA (beyond hand-holding or a quick peck) when in a relationship (at home is totally different). I don't often hug most of my friends-- just close friends I haven't seen in a very long time. Just another of those things I can't really be pigeon-holed on, I guess! No hugging strangers, though. That's a definite.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    No idea why I just quoted myself instead of used "Edit".
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Just my immediate family (kids and hubby), other than that I prefer no hugging.. Smiles suffice.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a hugger.

I give really good hugs, too. None of that "quick little pat on the back and be done with it" hugging from me. Nope.

I *love* hugs.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I despise hugging and everyone seems to want to hug me. I think its because my grandma forced it on me when I was little. You couldn't enter her house or leave her house without a hug. I'm a hug-a-phobe.