Are you a hugger?

Options

Replies

• glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've just read through these...know how a word starts to sound weird when you say/hear/read it a lot? Hug? A hugger? :laugh: Anyhoo, I'm a hugger, but only with my huggy friends. You can tell who's into it and who's not. I'll happily reciprocate a hug, but I do find it strange if we've only just met...

Unless I'm drunk or in Europe. Then all the bets are off!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the situation & person. I never thought of it until just recently I was in a wedding & had to endure the receiving line. I have to say, that was weird for me. I have never had to hug, shake hands, or explain who I was to more people, and it made me kind of uncomfortable.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I was raised in a his/hers/ours home, so I am not overly affectionate with anyone, but my kids. Hugs are somewhat acceptable sometimes, depending on who you are. I don't hug for extended periods of time, unless you are my kids and anyone else really gets the half-*kitten* hug where I don't lean all the way in and kinda pat-a-pat the person on their back.
    I'd hug you everytime I see you............:flowerforyou:

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

when you say hug, you mean jump, right? I KEED! :laugh:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE hugger! I especially like squeezing hugs:laugh: .... No really though, I do!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am into touch, as I do massage therapy part time, so hugging is mandatory. I hug everyone. The longer the embrace, the more I like you.
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I was anti-hugging until fairly recently. I don't know what changed, but now I am a hugger :smile:
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm a hug slut.

:laugh:
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i'm a hugger too.
    however I do have friends that don't hug and sometimes i forget and i still hug them LOL
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE hugger! I especially like squeezing hugs:laugh: .... No really though, I do!

squeeze hugs are the best!!
    ahhh
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I always thought I was a hugger until an old co-worker hugged me at Whole Foods....AWKWARD!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I hug family and close friends and only when appropriate.... I like hugs though...But only when its someone I am familiar with. I find guys (associates and sometimes someone I just met) like to be more huggy... But I prefer hugs from relatives and very close personal individuals in my life...But then sometimes if I naturally get the urge to hug someone then I do lol
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm a drunk hugger otherwise it's fairly rare haha
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    when you say hug, you mean jump, right? I KEED! :laugh:
    Um, I could do that too!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm not that big of a touchy person, but I don't mind hugging people I feel comfortable around, even if I've only met them breifly.

I've also been told I give really great hugs.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm a Hugger..but Only with People I Know and Like! Unfortunaely I am married to a Non-Hugger, but still Hoping he will learn to like it as much as I do someday.:blushing:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    A hug = a handshake for me
    Hugs just come naturally :)

agreed! Hugs are just a natural expression of caring for me.....

Ditto to both.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    im a hugger to my friends...which because i have big boobs i think i have turned them into being huggers with me :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    im a hugger to my friends...which because i have big boobs i think i have turned them into being huggers with me :)

*gets in line for hug from April*
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If I care about you, I'll hug you. But not so much with guy friends since they aren't huggers.