Are you a hugger?

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I hug my wife, I'm pretty uncomfortable with anybody else.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I was raised in a his/hers/ours home, so I am not overly affectionate with anyone, but my kids. Hugs are somewhat acceptable sometimes, depending on who you are. I don't hug for extended periods of time, unless you are my kids and anyone else really gets the half-*kitten* hug where I don't lean all the way in and kinda pat-a-pat the person on their back.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it just makes my skin crawl......I find it weird that people want to hug when you don't know them that well, its just odd and uncomfortable...
    My love is the only one I feel at ease with when he hugs me....otherwise, my throat kinda closes up.....and personal space.....yep....freaks me out when someone gets too close....all my instincts are is to RUN...
    I think a lot of non-huggers may have had something that caused them to be that way though....and some are just not the touchy feel-y kinda people....
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    I only hug family and somtimes friends. I dont like physical contact due to some stuff that happened to me when I was i kid. I really have a tuff time with emotion in general. The last person who tried to hug me that I didnt know ended up on the ground.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The only people I like to hug are my children and my husband. Hugging anyone else feels weird.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    if i do not know you, do not touch me. handshakes are hard for me. i don't do well touching ppl i don't know. this is also why i hate crowds.

the adults i am willing to hug, i can count them on ONE hand. kids are different. but even at that, i can probably count on two hands the ppl i'm willing to hug.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My whole family isn't very touchy feely, or even remotely affectionate. I think it's weird when someone comes up to me and gives me a hug. I don't reject the hug, but I don't really give them unless there's a specific reason to.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    A manly handshake is about it for me.

Hugging...ewww.

I spent half my life trying to hide myself. The last thing i want is someone actually touching the stuff I've been trying to hide!

Maybe now i don't need to avoid it so much...
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I am not normally a very touchy/feely person. I DO hug my husband and kids. There are also certain friends that I hug when I see them or when we say goodbye. I am not usually the person to initiate a hug, but will hug back.
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    I could be a hugger... But MAN I hate those fake huggers... like an air kiss - but a air hug that says - "I'm repulsed by you but I want everyone else to think I'm the nice one - " Usually it's other women who are fake huggers.
    Give me a really good meaty hug!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'll virtually hug the breath outta ya. (((((Hugs))))) But in RL, please, no touching unless you are making me breakfast the next morning.

^^^ This. Or if I'm drunk. I'll pretty much dry hump everyone when I'm drunk :drinker:

Drunk doesn't count. I'll be all over you like a spider monkey if drunk. *How YOU doin'?*
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm not a hugger.. but married into a family of huggers. At first I would have to pep talk myself up when it was time to go and start the hug-a-thon. I do hug my kids nonstop and my husband.. but other than that I like my personal space and for others to stay out of it. Not sure why, I've just always been that way. My husband and I have talked about this before, because he's a hugger.. he thinks it's because I'm generally the shortest person in the room so my head hits others at awkward levels. He does have a point, I do not enjoy his mother or step mother hugging me and my face end up 2 inches above their boobs.. :noway: ... or the time my earring got caught on a button on his father's shirt. :ohwell:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    if i do not know you, do not touch me. handshakes are hard for me. i don't do well touching ppl i don't know. this is also why i hate crowds.

the adults i am willing to hug, i can count them on ONE hand. kids are different. but even at that, i can probably count on two hands the ppl i'm willing to hug.

**huggles** You snuggles and huggles me ereyday !!! :smooched: :heart:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I hug family and friends. I never hug a stranger...I think it violates the personal space rule. lol..
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Hugger. Bear hugger to be exact. (only family and extremely close friends)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    At first I would have to pep talk myself up when it was time to go and start the hug-a-thon.
    Seven years, and I'm still giving myself the pep talk. Even then, sometimes I try to side step the hugs from his family. Some I can't avoid. THIS is why I bring a magnum of wine with me to every in-law gathering...
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

**huggles** You snuggles and huggles me ereyday !!! :smooched: :heart:

that's different... you're Shan.
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Nothing like big strong arms around you.

gay-men-hug-woods-482.jpg
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    When I am online I give a lot of hugs and kisses, but in person I don't like to be hugges or kissed (except for the hubby of course I love all his advances).
    I used to work with a woman who was very touchy feely, she would frequently hold my hand and then get so happy that she would kiss me on the cheek. I would wait till she walked a way then grab my hand sanitizer and rub it on my cheek, she was hire up than me.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I am a hugger as long as the other person is a hugger too, and I love to be hugged:) But if I don't know you, you may possibly get slapped:laugh:

However I hated when people I didn't know tried to touch my belly while I was pregnant, get out of my personal space.