Why can't men pick up after themselves.

Options
Okay I am part time student so I spend most of my time at home with our son. Meaning I do the majority of the cooking and cleaning. Which I am fine with. I love it really and wouldn't have it any other way. I expect that my job is to keep a clean home, and cook healthy meals for my family and spend time playing and teaching our 2 year old. What my title does not consist of is picking up after my fiance. Like wth is wrong with him. I ask him every day to throw is snot rags away. But what do I find this morning. His socks on the back of the couch. His nail clippers on the freezer. His snot rag on the kitchen shelf of all places. A book on the mantle. His shorts on the floor along with his wife beater. And a bunch of ripped up flyers of things he wants on the table. I also find cheese shreddings on the counter probably from shredding cheese for his lunch this morning. I could go mad I really could. If he was home I would tear his head off right now. I am not his damn servant. He has a entire desk for himself where he can keep all his crap. We have a hamper for our dirty clothes. And a rag to clean up. Why why why are men like this?? I love him I really do and he is a wonderful man and father. But honestly this is driving me crazy every day its the same thing. I spend hours keeping this house clean and when he comes home a few hours later you wouldn't know it. Is this all men or just mine? How do I fix him?? lol

Replies

• fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    They are men. "Or they are gay." It was a super random post that had no point of being there and cracked me up. NOT DOING IT FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN TO BE SiLLY AND NO I'M NOT CALLING GAY PEOPLE SILLY! Just having fun.:laugh:
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    The sooner you realize men think differently than women do, the sooner you will find bliss. :-)
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    pick up all his crap and dump it on his desk...let him sort it out. Do it daily until he gets the hint.
  • AZTrailRunner
    Options
    They are men.

Hey! I resemble that remark!!! :wink:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Funny as I have to pick up after my WIFE.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't do that, But don't sweat the small stuff. Really - that's small stuff.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You're my friend and you're nice and I realize you're just venting... But no one is perfect ;)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Really - that's small stuff.

I was going to say it, but you said it first. And nicer than I was going to.
  • fit4mom
    Options
    They are men.

Hey! I resemble that remark!!! :wink:
    (Giggle fest) Yes you do. :wink:
  • fit4mom
    Options
    It is impossible to post something serious on Chit-chat, fun, and games and not expect the schmucky schmucks(me:laugh: ) to respond. Oh and I've been told I have mad cut and paste skills.:wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    pick up all his crap and dump it on his desk...let him sort it out. Do it daily until he gets the hint.

this sounds like a fun person to live with.....:noway:
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My sister is worse, but I can't pick up after myself either! When my boyfriend and I move in together, it will be a disaster.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Ah it's the small annoyances that just make life worth living...haha. If it really bothers you, sit him down and talk about it. You don't want to be the couple who murders each other over who forgot to change the TP roll. And if that doesn't work-I agree with prior poster-dump his stuff in a pile somewhere and let him work it out :wink:
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Yeah, it's small potatoes in the long run. Certainly one of those 'pick your battle' scenarios.

Just two different people with two different perspectives.. I wouldn't sweat it. It wouldn't hurt to mention it to him but I wouldn't make WW III out of it :)
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Hey don't generalize!
    I am getting better about picking up after myself!
    Last night I made dinner, cleaned up after cooking and did some laundry and folded it too.

See we can change
    LOL!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    The sooner you realize men think differently than women do, the sooner you will find bliss. :-)
    This really. It's just stuff and small stuff at that...
    After 13 years I've realized I have to pick my battles. Diet Coke cans on the side table and random shoes in the living room really are minor things (at my house).
  • AZTrailRunner
    Options
    Way to bash 'all men' for your husband faults! Good job.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    So your fiance is a slob - why does that equate to Men in general ?

He obviously has a differing threshold of what's acceptable as clutter/untidiness. You need to either educate him by telling him how much it distresses you, or put up with it. Press on him the need to show a good role model to your son
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You are engaged to a man who wears wife beaters. That should have been a neon sign right there :noway:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Really - that's small stuff.

I was going to say it, but you said it first. And nicer than I was going to.

No, it's not small stuff. He's a bad roommate. If they can't find a happy medium now, they should not be planning to marry.