Why can't men pick up after themselves.

Options

Replies

• rocuf
    rocuf Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Its how we mark territory. Would you rather peed on the carpet?
    LMAO, I love it.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Yes my fiance is very helpful too. I run a specialty cake business form home so people are here all the time. If they weren't, then this wouldn't bother me. If he could leave his stuff in other rooms where everyone didn't see it, I wouldn't care lol.

Aw, you've cleaned your home, and maybe you'd like it to look like you did for as long as possible LOL. It's difficult to live with another adult. I think you guys will work it out.
  • rocuf
    rocuf Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Why can't women put the toilet seat up?

Oh the TOILET SEAT WAR....My husband and I have been fighting that for 32 years now. Wouldn't you think he'd surrender?

We used to have the TP GOES ON FRONTWARDS/BACKWARDS WAR....I finally won that one!

Mine's also a mess leaver. Truly it's a pretty minor flaw.
    We Just use separate bathrooms most of the time. It solved all our little bickering over the toilet seat. Now why don't home builders just put a urinal in the garage. :)
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The answer to the toilet seat war is to close the lid. Do you really need to see that open bowl? Really?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    5 pages? Jebus. I'm not reading all of that.

But I will say this...just because you have a certain level of expectations of neat and tidy does not mean he has to change. The one who wants the bed made daily should do it. The one who can't stand dishes left in the sink overnight should wash them. The one who's annoyed by the occasional clothing item dropped on the floor should pick it up and toss it in the hamper.

Find a way to meet in the middle. Discuss this with him. Stop complaining about your husband.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options

Oh the TOILET SEAT WAR....My husband and I have been fighting that for 32 years now. Wouldn't you think he'd surrender?

We used to have the TP GOES ON FRONTWARDS/BACKWARDS WAR....I finally won that one!

We Just use separate bathrooms most of the time. It solved all our little bickering over the toilet seat. Now why don't home builders just put a urinal in the garage. :)

If this house had a second bathroom we'd have ended the TOILET SEAT WAR years ago.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

If this house had a second bathroom we'd have ended the TOILET SEAT WAR years ago.
    It doesn't really help. LOL
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    The answer to the toilet seat war is to close the lid. Do you really need to see that open bowl? Really?

I do this! He still leaves the seat up....Oh, well...it's really a small irritation. We've come to the realization that we are probabaly the only two people in the world who would put up with either one of us.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

But I will say this...just because you have a certain level of expectations of neat and tidy does not mean he has to change. The one who wants the bed made daily should do it. The one who can't stand dishes left in the sink overnight should wash them. The one who's annoyed by the occasional clothing item dropped on the floor should pick it up and toss it in the hamper.

Find a way to meet in the middle. Discuss this with him. Stop complaining about your husband.

I am so jealous of your husband.
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If leaving small messes here and there is the biggest worry you have about your husband, don't sweat the small stuff. My hubby does the same thing. But I don't mind picking up. He pitches in on things every now and then and I appreciate it but don't expect it. They think differently when it comes to cleaning up things. I am no servant but don't mind picking up. It's no biggie. We have an awesome marriage and I don't think fighting about small things is something important. I hope you change how you feel about that stuff. At least he isn't a bad fiance and father....
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options

Gee thanks! Another fantasy blew all to He**:grumble:
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

Gee thanks! Another fantasy blew all to He**:grumble:
    Your welcome. One crushed dream at a time. It's my job.
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    no not all men are like that, but if you actually thought all men were like that than you wouldnt have asked a ridiculous question. im sure he also doesnt want to listen to you nag after he works all day either, relationships are about communication and compromise, either sit down with him talk it out and find a solution or suck it up and deal with it.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Funny as I have to pick up after my WIFE.

+1

Funny many of the stereotypes are reversed in my home.
    My wife has called me before saying she couldn't find the drill, I asked her if she looked in the case..a few seconds later she responds with Oh..it's in there.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

I am so jealous of your husband.

Me too. Qarol, find another like you so I can meet her.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    @fit4mom---You're doing a great job! Lol
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Wow, my husband is WAY messier than that! That sounds relatively trivial as far as slobiness goes. After six years together the best I've gotten from my husband is to put his dirty clothes IN the hamper, as opposed to on the floor beside it. You know what, its okay though. He brings home the bacon. I fry it up. Because of him, I get to be a stay at home mom, and he has to work twice as hard. Everyone has something that bugs their spouse. Im not perfect. In fact, twice this month I've left the gas tank low for him to fill! Not purposely of course, but he wasn't happy none the less.
    You are demonizing men for being slobs, when I know lots of women who are worse. Not really fair, but I can understand you wanting to vent. My one year old son makes more of a mess than my husband, but I don't waste the time and energy on being upset. I just take the five minutes and clean it up. Instead of being mad, think of the good attributes your husband has!
  • bozwa78
    Options
    I used to get super mad at my hubby for all that...but it's part of who he is. I shouldn't have married him if I couldn't deal with it! lol Now I jokingly ***** at him...lol "Reallllyyyyy?" I scream from the kitchen, "BANANA PEEL ON THE COUNTER????!!!?!?!?!?!"

"My bad! HAHAHAHAHA!" is the reply.

lol
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Because, if they did, they would have to be responsible for where they put it and would not have to have their lady find it for them! Major pet peeve here!
  • judykritikos
    Options
    If he's like this now - you have 2 choices: (1) dump him, it gets no better. It gets worse. That goes for your bad habits, too. or (2) accept it and shut up about it. (I'm not saying that in a mean way - I literally mean don't discuss it because if you've accepted it you don't need to bring it up. If you do - you have't accepted it, so refer to number (1).
    My husband lives in another state for work for about 8 months. He comes home and socks/undies on the floor, wet towel on the hamper, dishes in the sink. Sure it's a bit more work for me, but he provides, he's honest, faithful, loving - so I'm happy to have his junk on the floor.
    Pick the battle, and this seems like small 'taters to go to war over. Unless...it's the last straw and the list is a page long. then, refer to number (1) above.
    You've already got a 2 yr old - you don't need 2.