Trader Joe's!

Options

Replies

• DrNicoleRed
    DrNicoleRed Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I drive 2 hours to do my Trader Joe's shopping!

--Uncured Turkey Bacon--nice and thick, you'll never consider Louis Rich or Butterball again. Applegate Farms brand is comparable, but generally $1 more per pkg
    --Country Choice OrgainicMulti-grain hot cereal--Since it is not a TJ brand, I've seen it in other places. I like this better than just oatmeal. Quaker makes a similar product in a yellow container I've seen at Publix.
    --Frozen blueberries
    --Frozen mango
    --Olive oil
    --Multi-grain thins
    --0% greek yogurt in plain or vanilla large tub
    --Single serve 0% greek yogurt in blueberry, pomegranate
    --Peach gel cups
    --Bag salad/spinach
    --Frozen edamame in shell
    --Pistachios
    --Cranberry/almond/cashew Trek Mix in single serve bag
    --Fresh Skim Mozzarella sticks
    --***Seasonal favorite*** Cranberry goat cheese log
    --Goat cheese crumbles
    --Tomato and Basil feta cheese

and the list really goes on…but those are the "staples"
  • mkssalsa
    mkssalsa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mango Lassi ( a mango yogurt smoothie )
    Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
    Fruit Leather or fruit & fiber Ends & Pieces (mixed bag of all different flavors and cheaper than the individual bars - stock up when you see it because they don't always have it!)
    Frozen pre-cooked chicken breast strips (great on salad)
    Multi-grain mix (quinoi, rice, lentils, couscous, and I forget what else, but really great)
    Multi-grain o's cereal
    organic yogurt (ALL their yogurt items are good)
    low-fat string cheese
    Israeli feta (worth paying more than their store brand, it's sooo good for Greek salads)
    Freeze-dried fruit (strawberries are my favorites, especially with cereal)
    All their Frozen Indian meals (fairly healthy for frozen meals, a little bit spicy, very good for quick lunches at work)
    100-calorie chocolate bars (it's really good chocolate and helps a lot with portion control)
    frozen chocolate-covered banana pieces (just 1 or 2 little pieces really help satisfy a chocolate craving)
    fruit snacks (basically chopped up bits of fruit leather, these are my toddler's favorite thing ever and not loaded with corn syrup like other fruit snacks)
    all their granola bars
    whole wheat pizza dough (refrigerated) - haven't found a topping yet that wasn't good with this
    broccoli slaw (great alone, as a slaw, on salad, or stir-fried with a little sesame oil, garlic, and ginger)
    persian cucumbers (they're small so can cut one up for a perfect size snack with any of their hummus flavors)
    sicilian chicken sausage (great low-fat substitute for italian sausage in recipes)
    marinara sauce (love this over baked zucchini with some grated romano)
    black bean soup
    champagne vinaigrette dressing (and it makes the best chicken marinade ever)
    all their frozen fruits (for smoothies, topping hot oatmeal or baking in muffins)
    snapea crisps (caution: addictive!)
    quick cook steel cut oats (don't have to wait 45 minutes for steel cut oats)
    black forest ham
    rosemary ham
    chicken cilantro mini wontons (alone or in some of their chicken broth as soup)

and tons more... i always end up getting good stuff that's not on my list that looks interesting to try.

only drawback - they keep getting rid of some of the stuff I love the most, like the onigiri!
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I go in and straight to the pizza dough and back out again (for my kids pizza).... Nothing there seems to grab my attention. I wish it did. Many people don't have a Trader Joe's and I dont appreciate mine :(
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Black Mission Figs. These are WAY better than other figs. They have less seeds, aren't as sugary sweet, and are super moist. LOVE THOSE THINGS!!!!!

Their brown rice pasta is pretty decent too for you Gluten Free people!

LOVE their flax seed tortilla chips as well.
  • Mmmary212
    Options
    Black Mission Figs. These are WAY better than other figs. They have less seeds, aren't as sugary sweet, and are super moist. LOVE THOSE THINGS!!!!!

I still need to try a fig.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    sadly we do not have a Trader Joe's here in Fort Worth/Dallas area.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump for later, I'll add in my favs then!:tongue:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Too much to list. I love it!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Thompsons raisins... I used to hate raisins until trying those

Cinnamon almonds
    thai lime and chili cashews
    honey wheat pretzels
    pumpernickel pretzels

whatever their seasonal coffee at the momen is is

$3 wine... ;)
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    They are opening up in The Woodlands Texas area!! I can't wait!
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    No one seemed to mention their amazing pizza dough in the refridgerated section. Only $.99 a bag, and comes in 3 varieties: plain, whole wheat and garlic herb. It makes the best pizza around. I use the whole wheat, spread some sugar free tomato sauce, sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning, add lowfat cheese and tons of vegetables. Amazing and not very high in calories about 175 a slice, if you get 8 slices out of a pie. That and a soup or slad is a great dinner!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add this great wine from there too. It's either the Spatlese or the Auslese by Dr. Beckerman's, in the blue bottle. Only $5.49 and AWESOME!!!!!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    No one seemed to mention their amazing pizza dough in the refridgerated section. Only $.99 a bag, and comes in 3 varieties: plain, whole wheat and garlic herb. It makes the best pizza around. I use the whole wheat, spread some sugar free tomato sauce, sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning, add lowfat cheese and tons of vegetables. Amazing and not very high in calories about 175 a slice, if you get 8 slices out of a pie. That and a soup or slad is a great dinner!

Oh yes, their pizza dough is great and amazingly priced!
  • ImNotStarving
    Options
    Coconut milk, their minimally processed sausages and stuff, tea, the salads, umm pretty much I just love the store LOL.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    We drive an hour and 45 mins every month to get to our closest Trader Joes. I wish they'd come to New Hampshire!
  • Mmmary212
    Options
    No one seemed to mention their amazing pizza dough in the refridgerated section.

Oh yes I did...
  • Mmmary212
    Options
    So Im not a big wine drinker because I'm completely unaware of what kind to buy and dont want to blindly buy one and waste money...I only tasted wine for the first time like last year lol.

Sooooo....I like it sweet, what brands/kinds are best to get from Trader Joe's?
  • Mmmary212
    Options
    gosh darnit people...someone reply about the wine :grumble:

:laugh:
  • jljune
    jljune Posts: 59
    Options
    I love everything about Trader Joe's!!! So much I got a job there.

Thank goodness I work there and get a discount because it is basically like 'Will Work for Food!'

297714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    No one seemed to mention their amazing pizza dough in the refridgerated section.

Oh yes I did...

Sorry! ;)