Trader Joe's!

Options

Replies

• mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    gosh darnit people...someone reply about the wine :grumble:

:laugh:

I'll reply... but I don't know anything about wine or sweet wine, I just grab one and go :p Didn't want you to feel left out ;)
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    gosh darnit people...someone reply about the wine :grumble:

:laugh:

I'll reply... but I don't know anything about wine or sweet wine, I just grab one and go :p Didn't want you to feel left out ;)

The wine is the only reason I really go there anymore. Two/Three Buck Chuck (depends which coast you live on) is awesome and super cheap. I buy a case for <$40 and that's our house wine.

I rarely buy produce there anymore because it always spoils quickly...
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I really like their cranberry walnut gorgonzola salad dressing in the refridgerated section.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    So Im not a big wine drinker because I'm completely unaware of what kind to buy and dont want to blindly buy one and waste money...I only tasted wine for the first time like last year lol.

Sooooo....I like it sweet, what brands/kinds are best to get from Trader Joe's?

If you like sweet go for a German Riesling, Spatlese, or Auslese. I like Dr. Beckerman's from there. Very sweet and under $10 for most of them. I don't know about your TJ's, but our's puts signs up about the wine's. If yours doesn't, I would ask someone for help, there is usually someone there that knows the wines.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    So Im not a big wine drinker because I'm completely unaware of what kind to buy and dont want to blindly buy one and waste money...I only tasted wine for the first time like last year lol.

Sooooo....I like it sweet, what brands/kinds are best to get from Trader Joe's?

If you like sweet go for a German Riesling, Spatlese, or Auslese. I like Dr. Beckerman's from there. Very sweet and under $10 for most of them. I don't know about your TJ's, but our's puts signs up about the wine's. If yours doesn't, I would ask someone for help, there is usually someone there that knows the wines.

Ah, that sounds logical lol I'll have to take a closer look and see. Thanks!
  • lEEAVii20
    lEEAVii20 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love their chicken and turkey sausages -- I don't eat much red meat or pork so these are great options for me and my husband (who comes from England and LOVES pork sausage)... it's a great compromise for us. Also love their stevia sweetened drinks (the soda, juice, etc.), it's great for when you absolutely need a caffeine fix. Hm... I also buy a lot of their fresh produce (the grape tomatoes are lovely), milk (so inexpensive) and their whole wheat pastas/gnocchi.
  • flowerpower381
    flowerpower381 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I haven't been there in ages. I will have to go tomorrow.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I was so upset because I waited FOREVER for the Trader Joe's in my town to finally open and then I literally moved back to my hometown for a new job 2 weeks after they finally opened. I never got to go. =( Luckily it's only an hour away, and so I'm planning on taking a day trip there soon to go shopping and stop by TJ's on the way home.
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Organic Mayo...great price and taste awesome!
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can get Kerrygold butter for under $3.00, at the supermarket its $5.00. I also like to get Applegate organic hot dogs there, much cheaper than the health food store. They have a good cheese selection at decent prices. They are the only store in town where I can pick up full-fat greek yogurt.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    - Raw Almond Butter unsalted!
    - Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Cilantro Jalapeno hummus, Spicy hummus
    - Spicy Soy & Flaxseed tortilla chips
    - Wasabi Seaweed!
    - Fat Free Black Forest Healthy Ham
    - Low Sodium Turkey breast slices
    - Baby Spinach
    - Fat free feta cheese
    - Pumpkin butter
    - Trail Mixes!
    - Organic low sodium Marinara sauce
    - Pineapple salsa
  • Klynn63
    Options
    Trader Joes is amazing! The nearest one to me is like 3 hours away, such a bummer! But when I lived California they were my go to store! I love their stuff! here's a few of my favorites--
    Fig Bars (This Fig Walks Into a Bar)
    Sleepy Time Tea
    Organic Fruit Bars (Strawberry-Apple)
    Sunflower Seeds
    Popcorn 94% FF.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options

raspberry preserves

With seeds or without? I have been to half a dozen stores looking for raspberry preserves w/o seeds and no HFCS.

I go specially for the chocolate chips, but I guess you don't want to hear that. LOL. It is for my family. They are the only store in town that has no dairy in them.
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options

raspberry preserves

With seeds or without? I have been to half a dozen stores looking for raspberry preserves w/o seeds and no HFCS.

I go specially for the chocolate chips, but I guess you don't want to hear that. LOL. It is for my family. They are the only store in town that has no dairy in them.

I'll have to look for those chocolate chips! It's hard to find them without dairy!

Also, the reduced sugar raspberry preserves does have seeds.

Sorry!
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do most of my shopping at TJ's! It took me 2 years to discover it and I love it! I was so dissapointed in the grocery stores here (I moved here from Australia in 2008) and when I finally found TJ's I was in heaven! Plus the stock some Aussie stuff too! YAY!!

What I usually buy each week:

vegies
    fruit
    hummus (I wish ours had the eggplant hummus)
    eggs
    bacon
    quick egg egg whites
    greek yogurt
    sweet apple chicken sausages
    steel cut oatmeal (frozen)
    brown rice
    harvest grain mix
    sundried tomatoes
    artichokes
    balsamic vinegar
    turkey chili (occasional treat)
    chicken breasts
    orange chicken
    chicken chow mein
    bistro cookies
    pop chips
    pumpkin butter
    WINE!
    le petite creme cheese
    social crackers
    soy milk
    nuts and dried fruit

Man I could go on and on! Lol
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

What are your favorite TJ's products?

As of this evening I would have to say OranGina.

Orangina is sooo good!!
  • stronger_faster
    Options
    Corn Salsa
    Spicy Black Bean dip
    French Demi Baguettes
    Peanut Butter (so cheap/healthy!)
    Almond Butter
    Puff Pastry Margherita Pizza
    Orange Chicken
    Paneer Tikka Masala with Spinach Basmati Rice
    Bbq Chicken Salad

I love it all. I used to have a Trader Joe's in my neighborhood but now the nearest one is an hour and a half away :(
  • marisa_munches
    Options
    I am obsessed with their eggplant parmesan stack (frozen entree). Definitely take the time to heat it in the oven rather than the microwave if you can. :)