Trader Joe's!

Options

Replies

• OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm not a Trader Joe's fan, not for the prices or quality, but for other "moral" reasons.. plus i'm weird about where I grocery shop. But, their organic flaxseed cereal! YUM! my second favorite cereal!! :)

Admit it, you just don't like stores that have plastic lobsters. :)
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gehlerc
    Options
    I'm not a Trader Joe's fan, not for the prices or quality, but for other "moral" reasons.. plus i'm weird about where I grocery shop. But, their organic flaxseed cereal! YUM! my second favorite cereal!! :)

Curious...I try to be a conscientious shopper. What are your "moral" reasons?
  • gehlerc
    Options
    Ginger snaps............my husband and i will go through the whole tub in one night if were not careful :/

Yep. Did this. Saturday. :sad:
  • roanne70
    Options
    Fell in love with Trader Joe's while visiting my brother in California. I would love to shop there, but thanks to Utah's draconian liquor laws Trader Joe won't live here. Boo Hoo!
  • jcrooks85
    Options
    The dehydrated green beans are awesome if you're in the mood for something crunchy.
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    Options
    lowfat parmesan dressing
    cilantro dressing
    soy nuggets and meatballs
    brown rice pastas
    whole wheat cous cous
    99% fat free rice and bean burritos
    balela salad( oh hell yeah!)
    brown jasmine
    fat free feta

i could REALLY go on! im actually due for a trip there. :)

oh the the beef bacon!
  • much2gain
    Options
    A few finally opened in KC and my favorite products are:

Goat cheese... Lovely, yummy goat cheese. Put some Ken's light rasp. walnut dressing on it and is heaven.
    Fig Butter... like the center of a fig newton
    Pretzel Rolls... so bad for you at almost 400 calories each but SO good
    Low Fat Parmesan Ranch dressing.. an awesome ranch.. and I'm a picky ranch person
    Almond Milk - Unsweetened Vanilla.. I don't really drink milk anymore because this is so good
    Iced Gingerbread Men - only at Christmas time, which is a good thing because they are so yummy
    Hummas Wrap - get there early because they are usually gone by the evening
    Smoked Gouda - I prefer the lighter colored over the more darker/smoker chunks
    ALL of their produce is fabulous and fresh. Love the variety too.
    Toasted Cocconut Thin Cookies - these are so good.. along with their siblings of the Ginger Thins and Lemon Thins
    Eggplant Cutlets - short of time? pop a few of these in the oven and dinner is set. I kick them up with asian hot mustard.
    HIgh Fiber Cereal - great on yogurt. (Not the stuff with dried fruit, the pieces are bigger and not as good)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's FIRE Roasted Bell Peppers & Onions... mmm.. you can find them in the freezer section.. nice when you're short on time for a stir fry:drinker:
  • elenamyers21
    elenamyers21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Brown Rice Pasta! Doesn't have the grittiness of whole wheat pasta and much better for you than regular! Indian Masala Sauce with Frozen Naan. YUMMY!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My favorite TJ product is their shaving foam.....not to eat, of course, but I'm more likely to make the drive if that's on the list (since the nearest TJs is not very close.)

I used to like their dried pineapple. However, it's changed: moister, browner, and less chewy. So, way less pleasant to me.
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I miss Trader Joes sooooooooooooooo much. I grieve for the Joe. Really, really miss the fat free feta.
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    oh and the soy nuggets! Seriously, I am out of work at the moment and just last night my wife and I decided that as soon as I get a job we are taking a weekend trip to Atlanta (6 hour drive) just so we can go shop at Trader Joes. I miss that store in insane amounts.
  • GarthBear
    GarthBear Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Best quality but cheap cuts of meat and fish, unique frozen vegetables (artichokes, asparagus), and cheap high quality raw cheese (not easy to find elsewhere). The chunky guacamole is good too, cheap red wines, cheap and great smelling coconut oil

The bottom line, cheap high quality food. What sucks is how crowded it gets and location (totally worth it though)
  • rednavel
    rednavel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • Liveloveandbefit456
    Options
    My favorite lunch is all trader joes! 1/2 cup of the frozen brown rice, 1 cup of the frozen organic foursome vegetables (so good!) 3oz of "just chicken" and 1 tbs Island soyaki sauce.
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love TJ's but the closest ones are about 45 minutes away, both in different directions. I went about a week and a half ago and stocked up on a lot of stuff. I was actually pretty disappointed with their veggie selection.

I absolutely fell in love with their seasoned popcorn. Annihilated a bag in a couple days. lol And it's not healthy but I always buy mochi ice cream whenever I go because it's the only place in this region where I can find it.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I feel so accomplished. I had but $24 in my bank account and I used $10 to pump gas in my car and $12 at the best grocery store EVER: Trader Joe's!

I bought:
    Flax Seed Bread - the only bread I use for sandwiches and toast now. It has no flour & only 50 cals a slice!
    Chicken Breasts
    Bananas
    and
    Guacamole hummus - which I can't wait to try on my chicken sandwich tomorrow *drools*

I typically also buy (at TJ's):
    eggs
    OJ
    mushrooms
    greek yogurt
    lettuce
    and some frozen dinners

What are your favorite TJ's products?
    Your'e right about it being "the best grocery store EVER: Trader Joe's! "

Flax bread, now that I'll have to look for, I typically buy their 7 grain sprouted and find it very tasty!
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    sadly we do not have a Trader Joe's here in Fort Worth/Dallas area.

We do now, I think it opened last week or so. Its on Hulen st. in Ft. W..... :-) Gonna go check it out soon!!!