You Let Yourself Go

Options

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Really great post. And also many congrats on the loss so far, it looks like you are doing so well.
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing post, thanks so much for sharing.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Wow! This was honestly one of the deepest tings I have read in a long time. I am happy that you are able to over come these things and "let your self go."

Awwww That's very sweet of you to say! Thank you!
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Really great post. And also many congrats on the loss so far, it looks like you are doing so well.

Thank you! I'm proud of the weight loss so far, but I still have a LONG way to go! lol Sucks losing almost 50 lbs and no one even noticing. :P
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Your words touch a chord....poetrically stated....I am so happy that you have taken this opportunity to share your feelings. It shows how ready you are to continue to keep letting yourself go. You are truly a beauitful person. An inspiration to reach goals in every aspect of life & most importantly to remember how mere "words" can have a strong impact on people. :smile:
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Your words touch a chord....poetrically stated....I am so happy that you have taken this opportunity to share your feelings. It shows how ready you are to continue to keep letting yourself go. You are truly a beauitful person. An inspiration to reach goals in every aspect of life & most importantly to remember how mere "words" can have a strong impact on people. :smile:

Thank you! I wrote this as kind of a way to get out what I'm feeling so that I can remember why I'm doing this. I wasn't prepared for how many people would sent me private messages and post responses to this thread letting me know that this post inspired them. I can't tell you how much happiness that brings me! To know that something I've written could help inspire someone. That really makes my day! Thank you for putting a big smile on my face!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I love this post, especially since I hate that expression too. It always makes me picture myself with my own self in a stranglehold, like I can't turn my back on me for a second without heading for the dessert buffet!

Well, I do let myself go eat whatever now. Pretty much, anyway. Then I let myself go for a walk with some slow jogging mixed in. Or to play on the XBox Kinect, or to lift weights a little bit. I feel a lot better so far, it's been three weeks and not once have I pictured myself getting into a straight jacket and locking myself in a padded room for fear of food!
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    I love this post, especially since I hate that expression too. It always makes me picture myself with my own self in a stranglehold, like I can't turn my back on me for a second without heading for the dessert buffet!

Well, I do let myself go eat whatever now. Pretty much, anyway. Then I let myself go for a walk with some slow jogging mixed in. Or to play on the XBox Kinect, or to lift weights a little bit. I feel a lot better so far, it's been three weeks and not once have I pictured myself getting into a straight jacket and locking myself in a padded room for fear of food!

ROFL! That last line killed me! You literally had me Laughing Out Loud!! I'm still laughing as I write this! lol

I'm proud of your progress! This journey is HUGELY mental. It sounds like you're getting the mental part down! (The rest of it seems almost easy by comparison lol). Keep up the great work!
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    AWESOME post. Thanks for writing it :)
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    Awesome post!!! I felt your pain reading about being fat all your life. I look at pics when I was little and I was always chunky. I hate eating around others because I feel they judge what I eat. But I love... love ... love the positive spin on a negative phrase... you are so right.... I let myself go past the junk food, past all that is unhealthy.... the grocery store is really small when you stay in the produce isle : )
    I will let myself go into the misses dept. at the store and not the women's.... I will let myself buy clothes without a W or an X in the size.
    I will let myself go for a light jog or long walk. I will let myself walk in front of a mirror with out self hate. Oh, such a great post.... good for you.... looking forward to being 'skinny' with ya :)
    I felt ashamed to be in a suit (one piece) at the pool with my kids last year, I sucked in walked tall and wore a cover up.... I am looking forward to this summer letting myself go and strut my thinner self in a new suit (still one piece, cuz this momma's got some stretch marks that I don't want to share) lol.

Kelle
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Wow.. this really hit close to home. I mean reeeeally hit close to home. I'm actually tearing up. Thankfully that part of our lives is over but not forgotten.
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great writer, great attitude. You are awesome!!!! Congrats on your loss and the dedication :heart:
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Keep going. And save this cuz when your feeling unmotivated or down on yourself this read will inspire you!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry people ever treated you like that. It's sick. So proud of you for taking your life back, make sure you do it for yourself only!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I may come back to read this over and over again but I understand exactly where you are coming from!

Good work and keep it up! :flowerforyou:

exactly!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    The term presupposes that we are in control, and we are.
    Some of us may have bigger hills to climb, but at the end of the day, we either take ownership of our health or we do not.

We let ourselves go.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    *smiles* AWESOME post
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Good post!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I so love you for this post... you said all the things that alot of people want to say or write...im really just speechless just reading this... good luck and congrats on your weight loss