You Let Yourself Go

Options

Replies

• m_snow
    m_snow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for taking the time to write this! Keep on the journey!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!! I felt your pain reading about being fat all your life. I look at pics when I was little and I was always chunky. I hate eating around others because I feel they judge what I eat. But I love... love ... love the positive spin on a negative phrase... you are so right.... I let myself go past the junk food, past all that is unhealthy.... the grocery store is really small when you stay in the produce isle : )
    I will let myself go into the misses dept. at the store and not the women's.... I will let myself buy clothes without a W or an X in the size.
    I will let myself go for a light jog or long walk. I will let myself walk in front of a mirror with out self hate. Oh, such a great post.... good for you.... looking forward to being 'skinny' with ya :)
    I felt ashamed to be in a suit (one piece) at the pool with my kids last year, I sucked in walked tall and wore a cover up.... I am looking forward to this summer letting myself go and strut my thinner self in a new suit (still one piece, cuz this momma's got some stretch marks that I don't want to share) lol.

Kelle

You will get there kelle... we all will:flowerforyou:
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I love it! You are doing so great...keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • missimperfect
    missimperfect Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow, this post is amazing!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I love your post and your attitude!

I was a skinny child. I was bullied for other things. And like typical bullied children, I shied away from the other bullied children rather than risk the bullies starting to harass me for my choice of friends, too. It never occurred to any of us that we should all stick together and stop feeling inferior to the bullies.

My elementary school bus held 44 kids, two to a seat, but the "capacity" was 66, assuming we'd all squeeze three to a seat. There were 46 kids assigned to the bus route, so the last two kids had to squeeze into someone else's seats for the last part of the trip. And those two little sisters were both morbidly obese. The poor girls had to walk down the aisle trying to find a place to sit -- the driver couldn't go with anyone standing -- while everyone looked out their windows and avoided their gazes. And I was one of the kids sitting in my seat doing the same thing, never saying anything. I was part of the crowd that made those kids' lives hell. I carry that guilt to this day.
  • RhondaRowsell
    RhondaRowsell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post. Thank you for writing it.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    the grocery store is really small when you stay in the produce isle : )
    I will let myself go into the misses dept. at the store and not the women's.... I will let myself buy clothes without a W or an X in the size.
    I will let myself go for a light jog or long walk. I will let myself walk in front of a mirror with out self hate.

Kelle, this was such an inspiring response! I loved it! :D Thank you!
  • Bloom23
    Options
    Love it! YOU are awesome!! Go for it!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I wish we could make this the first post anyone should read. you're wonderful- keep letting yourself go and enjoy every second of it. you deserve it. :flowerforyou:
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I love this. You go, girl! Seriously, this post is so inspirational that it brought tears to my eyes. You got this <3
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Thankfully that part of our lives is over but not forgotten.

NEVER forgotten, sis! We can't ever forget. Because I know as easy as it was to put the weight on it will be just as easy to put it on yet again if I'm not vigilant. I can't ever forget that! :)
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    I can't tell you what it means to me to hear you all say such supportive things. I really am honored and you guys make me very thankful to be a part of this community! Thank you, guys!
  • carrie145
    Options
    Very well said!! That brought tears to my eyes!! Good luck on letting go and God bless you!!
  • MFR1974
    Options
    ((hugs)) I hear you. I often wonder which is worse, the judgement of others, or the judgements we place on ourselves. Hope you find you can love for yourself and can move forward with a clean conscience.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Great post lady!!! Woohoo to letting ourselves go :drinker:

btw, i see a blog with a huge following in your future...
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Bravo! This is exactly how I feel as well.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Be proud :drinker:
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You.Are.FANTASTIC!
  • vashtione
    Options
    wow girl- I read this and cried all the way through!!:sad: It was like you were talking to me, about me!
    except you forgot the one about when I tried to ride a roller coaster ride and I squished down in the seat. The bar wouldnt shut tight so 3 of the workers came over and pushed on it trying to make it tight while everone else starred and pointed and laughed. finally they asked me to leave. So the guy I went there with had to ride alone and I had to walk backwards through the line passing people and hearing remarks.I went to the nearest restroom and cried - one of the worst days of my life!! :cry: Things have got to change!!
    I want to "let myself go" too!! thank you for inspiring me tonight!!!!!! your awesome!:flowerforyou:
    And remeber the number on the scale shows how much our body weighs it does not determine our self worth!!!!
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Best post I have ever read. I love you!