You Let Yourself Go

Options

Replies

• ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was the "fat girl" in school. I was the one who no one liked! I know your pain and I feel what you say! I am glad you are here...so many people to support you and be your friend! You can count me in because I know what you mean! Good luck and great spirits!

Thank you! :D As much as it pains me that there are others that know what it's like to go through some of what I did (and still am), it's also so comforting to know that I'm not alone in this.

I'm glad you guys are with me on this journey!

This just makes us big girls who got crap from people more down to earth and kinder people. We won't be the "skinny *****es" but the skinny sweethearts! :)
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    bump
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    brill post, thanks
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was the "fat girl" in school. I was the one who no one liked! I know your pain and I feel what you say! I am glad you are here...so many people to support you and be your friend! You can count me in because I know what you mean! Good luck and great spirits!

Thank you! :D As much as it pains me that there are others that know what it's like to go through some of what I did (and still am), it's also so comforting to know that I'm not alone in this.

This just makes us big girls who got crap from people more down to earth and kinder people.

Yeah, but I've also met girls who've gone the other way - lost the weight, then started getting all this positive attention and started getting full of themselves. They became stuck up and even hateful toward bigger people - saying "well *I* lost the weight, why can't *they*? They are just being lazy fat a$$es!). Suddenly they think that fat people are disgusting and treat them as such - even though not too long ago they themselves where fat.

I definitely wouldn't want to become that type of person. I hope that no matter what I look like on the outside I'll always be the type of person that doesn't judge people on their size. I have seen quite a few people change after losing weight, I really don't want to change unless it's just to become more confident. Everything else about me I like and wouldn't want it to change.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    "Like"
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm so touched by this thread. I'm not sure a thread has ever hit me like this. I know you can do this! You have to! No one is EVER deserving of that type of treatment. No one should ever forgo the simple things in life, such as taking a bath! <hug>! Thanks for sharing this with me...Like one of your other posters posted...I might just come back in here and reread this a few times.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Your amazing well done on your loss so far.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options

This just makes us big girls who got crap from people more down to earth and kinder people.

Yeah, but I've also met girls who've gone the other way - lost the weight, then started getting all this positive attention and started getting full of themselves. They became stuck up and even hateful toward bigger people - saying "well *I* lost the weight, why can't *they*? They are just being lazy fat a$$es!). Suddenly they think that fat people are disgusting and treat them as such - even though not too long ago they themselves where fat.

I definitely wouldn't want to become that type of person. I hope that no matter what I look like on the outside I'll always be the type of person that doesn't judge people on their size. I have seen quite a few people change after losing weight, I really don't want to change unless it's just to become more confident. Everything else about me I like and wouldn't want it to change.

I completely agree. I think when I lost weight the last time I wasn't any different except I felt better about myself. But of course I was raised to be a humble person and I can't stand people who look down their nose at others for whatever reason. I don't see you being any different, you are a sweet person and I hope that never changes. We know what it's like to feel like your at the bottom, so I think that helps a lot. I know a few big girls who lost weight and became completely rude, but they were like that before they lost the weight and I just didn't realize it so much. It's almost like most people are the same no matter what their size, but the true colors come out once the weight is lost...good or bad. :)
  • Workinmom1986
    Workinmom1986 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    YOURE AMAZING!!!!!!!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    That is a very positive attitude, and I wish you continued success! If people only knew how they affected others... Positively and negatively.

Also, I was born 11lbs 1oz, and at my heaviest I weighed... I don't know, my scale tops out at 330 but when I stood on it, it just said ERR2. lol
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    YOURE AMAZING!!!!!!!

LOL Thank you, hun! You made me blush. I really hope to be amazing - some day! :D I want to show the world that a person like me can DO IT! That I can beat the odds and become a "healthy weight" despite it all.

Thanks for the lovely compliment!
  • StacySkinny
    Options

I completely agree. I think when I lost weight the last time I wasn't any different except I felt better about myself. But of course I was raised to be a humble person and I can't stand people who look down their nose at others for whatever reason. I don't see you being any different, you are a sweet person and I hope that never changes. We know what it's like to feel like your at the bottom, so I think that helps a lot. I know a few big girls who lost weight and became completely rude, but they were like that before they lost the weight and I just didn't realize it so much. It's almost like most people are the same no matter what their size, but the true colors come out once the weight is lost...good or bad. :)

I hope that's true! I really hope I stay true to myself. I'm determined to! :D Here's to us and changing our OUTSIDES without changing TOO MUCH on the inside! :drinker:
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    That is a very positive attitude, and I wish you continued success! If people only knew how they affected others... Positively and negatively.

Also, I was born 11lbs 1oz, and at my heaviest I weighed... I don't know, my scale tops out at 330 but when I stood on it, it just said ERR2. lol

Thank you! :D

I definitely suggest investing in a new scale. The one I bought goes up to 450 lbs I believe. It wasn't cheap and it took me over a month to find it, but it's very much worth it. We can't really keep a very accurate record of our progress without weighing ourselves (at least for me). I know that some people can judge by the measuring tape and by how their clothes fit, but starting out at 385 lbs like I did, neither the measuring tape nor my clothes registered any changes until I'd dropped at least the first 20 lbs. I would have given up before then if I hadn't seen the changes on the scale first.

I hope you can find a scale that works for you. It helps SO MUCH! :flowerforyou:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

I definitely suggest investing in a new scale. The one I bought goes up to 450 lbs I believe. It wasn't cheap and it took me over a month to find it, but it's very much worth it. We can't really keep a very accurate record of our progress without weighing ourselves (at least for me). I know that some people can judge by the measuring tape and by how their clothes fit, but starting out at 385 lbs like I did, neither the measuring tape nor my clothes registered any changes until I'd dropped at least the first 20 lbs. I would have given up before then if I hadn't seen the changes on the scale first.

I hope you can find a scale that works for you. It helps SO MUCH! :flowerforyou:

Haha, I should have for sure, but it's too late now.. I've lost over 40lbs, at least - my wife thinks I was 10-20lbs over the scale limit, but I can't prove that. My weight started showing up after a month or two of working out. I do wish I had got properly weighed before I started my journey, but honestly I expected to fail after 2-4 weeks like usual and didn't bother.. This time I stuck with it because I was tracking my workouts (EA Sports Active 2 on PS3, in fact) and saw my progress in numbers, and from there I started eating better (not tracking in MFP until end of December) to protect my investment, and now using MFP to take it to the next level (in theory).

Not knowing my actual starting weight is a small regret, but at the same time it's not worth going back and starting over... Plus it's kinda funny to say I started out at ERR2 and now I weigh 284.. :)
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump for later - I can sympathise with the holes in the thighs of my jeans ....
  • StacySkinny
    Options

Haha, I should have for sure, but it's too late now.. I've lost over 40lbs, at least - my wife thinks I was 10-20lbs over the scale limit, but I can't prove that. My weight started showing up after a month or two of working out. I do wish I had got properly weighed before I started my journey, but honestly I expected to fail after 2-4 weeks like usual and didn't bother.. This time I stuck with it because I was tracking my workouts (EA Sports Active 2 on PS3, in fact) and saw my progress in numbers, and from there I started eating better (not tracking in MFP until end of December) to protect my investment, and now using MFP to take it to the next level (in theory).

Not knowing my actual starting weight is a small regret, but at the same time it's not worth going back and starting over... Plus it's kinda funny to say I started out at ERR2 and now I weigh 284.. :)

HAHAH! Awesome! I'm so thrilled to hear you lost 40 lbs! That's wonderful news!

And you're right, it's a small regret, since you've really come so far already. I hope you get as much from this site as I have. I have learned a lot from this community and being able to track my daily cals here has been a HUGE help.

Your progress has been great! Feel proud! *hug*
  • JoGarrett86
    Options
    This is a brilliant post. I feel the same way. I was never small always been big from day one. It's nice to read that someone else thinks the same way I do. Good luck x
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great post :flowerforyou:
  • CanadianMomma
    CanadianMomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Inspirational.
  • toxicasylum
    Options
    :heart: hells yeah!