Replies

• chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow ! you look great ! strong + sexy ! :wink:
    I gotta start doing some weights :smile:
  • BerryFruit
    Options
    Looking amazing.. Please tell us what you do and with what size weight you use.
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! What kind of routine do you do? This makes me want to get into lifting...
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This should be pinned so any females that are afraid of strength training can see real life benefits of it.

Congrats, you look stunning.

THIS!!

You look fabulous girl, that's very inspiring!!

I also love what lifting has done to my body. I feel better than ever and more confident than I've ever been!
    Ditched the cardio and started lifting = lost body fat almost immediately. Plus, I get to eat. A LOT! What's not to love? :-)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for Women, so I'm lifting 3 times a week. I also rock climb once a week and do some HIIT once or twice a week. I also try to get in 30-45 minutes of Yoga in at least once a week, I'm really trying to work on my flexibility and balance.

I've got 150kg of weight plates at home for my barbells and dumbbells, but I'm going to have to get more plates or join a gym, because I'm running out of weights quickly.

Deadlifts are my all time favorite exercise, followed closely by pull-ups.

And thanks for all the compliments, I was pretty nervous to post this actually, but all you guys totally made me smile. I never thought of myself being inspiring to anyone before :) I posted this because I wanted to show that lifting weights won't make you "bulky" or "manly" looking. There's definitely nothing to be afraid of.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I posted this because I wanted to show that lifting weights won't make you "bulky" or "manly" looking. There's definitely nothing to be afraid of.
    I have seen this thread linked in at least three other threads as an example of how heavy lifting can make you hawt rather than bulky :bigsmile:
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Just beautiful. Amazing body and shape. Keep it up!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    excellent work, you should be proud. Your hard work shows. :)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    WOW! quite the inspiration. Keep up the greatness :)
  • DiamondInTheDirt
    DiamondInTheDirt Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    PERFECTION! Youre my inspiration! lol
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • Laurenelle11
    Options
    You're motivating me to lift some weights! You look great!
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to be where you are right now! LOVE IT! Do you do any cardio? If so.. what do you do?
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    And this is why i love girls lifting. Thumbs up.

Amen...lol.
    Looking amazing.. Please tell us what you do and with what size weight you use.

The amount of weight is irrelevant...its how heavy the weight YOU lift is, compared to YOUR strength that gets you results. I believe in the 5x5 format for lifting...but any heavy weight program will do.

JUST GET OUT THERE...AND LIFT!

:)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Very cool! you look great! I am still too intimidated to try any real lifting...you couldn't get me down on the floor where all the heavy weights are at my gym! But I can still benefit from the regular weight machines that they have upstairs because I have barely any upper body strength at the moment! Good for you though, you look really good!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I posted this because I wanted to show that lifting weights won't make you "bulky" or "manly" looking. There's definitely nothing to be afraid of.
    I have seen this thread linked in at least three other threads as an example of how heavy lifting can make you hawt rather than bulky :bigsmile:

bumpsies because you deserve it - can you imagine telling someone they can GAIN 10 lbs and look like that :love:

Honeysprinkle - you don't need to go to the really heavy weights right away but go pick up some dumbbells from the rack and sneak into other room. You'll get more beenfit from dumbbells than you will from isolation machines and the ones in the sizes you'll want to get (8s, 10s, 12s, 15s if you are just starting) are not going to be jeopardized or in use
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Thats why I have always lifted heavy. Besides, whats wrong with getting a few world records while you are at it! When I am at my goal weight I hope to look like you! :D
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Awesome! What was/is your strength training regime? For example: weight, how many reps and what exercise?
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Looking awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!