BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 8

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Andrew - I hope you had an easier day today (hahaha...like that's going to happen any time soon). Good luck making it through the rest of the business trip. How's Beth holding up at home with the boys?

She's good. She is actually down in Massachusettes visiting her parents with the kids so she has company and is having fun. Her and the boys stopped here on tuesday night and crashed at the hotel with me. They are gonna do the same on there way back up tommorow night. I'm sooo excited to see my little peanuts. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    :bigsmile: Lori-Congrats on the new Jeans!

Sarah-Congrats on the HRM your gonna love it. My wife uses the f4 and adores it.

Shaunte-Big exc iting step for you! Good luck with the move!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Andrew - I hope you had an easier day today (hahaha...like that's going to happen any time soon). Good luck making it through the rest of the business trip. How's Beth holding up at home with the boys?

She's good. She is actually down in Massachusettes visiting her parents with the kids so she has company and is having fun. Her and the boys stopped here on tuesday night and crashed at the hotel with me. They are gonna do the same on there way back up tommorow night. I'm sooo excited to see my little peanuts. :drinker: :bigsmile:

Awww! That's a lot of fun! I'm glad that they're keeping busy while you're gone. Have fun with the little dudes!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    okay, guys. Time to point & laugh at me. I have a stupid question. how in the heck do I shut OFF my HRM?! I bought the Polar F4 and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to shut the dang thing off. Does it shut off? Do I need to whisper to it? Is there a secret code? Any ideas!? Please?! Me & the user manual can't seem to figure out the answer...
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Okay, I finally found where it says, "once activated, the wrist unit cannot be switched off." WTH is up with that?!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    It took me awhile to figure mine didn't turn off either, it is like a watch. I understand your frustration!!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    hey gang....feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck today.....heading to bed by hubby's orders. :smile:

Have a good night... :heart: to all
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words about my promotion folks. I have 3 weeks of training in other areas to deal with, so Andrew I am going to need some tips and tricks for healthy eating on the road. I'll be in a hotel hopefully with a fridge. Not eating hot food doesn't bother me too much, I am mostly a raw food nibbler. I plan on making sure I have fruit, nuts, cheese, oatmeal from the continental breakfasts, yogurts, water, traill mix, dried fruits and mostly salads for dinners. The eating part is terrifying me, I'm great in my own environment but I'm going to be so out of my element. (Can you tell I am a worrywart?)

Anyways..enough about my freaking out!

Sara has a new HRM, go you on the good deal.. Maybe that will get you out of your P word.
    Janie, girl you are kicking some serious exercise butt, whoa
    Shuntae congrats on resisting the soda an even bigger congrats on the move! How exciting!!
    Lori your shopping trip sounded like a real spirit lifter, good for you. I'm dreaming of that day. I'm actually dreaming of size 4's or 5's someday, at my height it isn't unreasonalbe or unhealthy to wish and want that, right?

Oh, Sara to answer your question, I still have to drive almost an hour each way, the big difference is, got a promotion instead of a lateral move, so more $$.

Lynnie
    Who is listening to her husband sing Elvis on the karaoke...um..yah.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Lynnie - at least it'll be more worth your time! Hope you enjoyed your Elvis singing last night. :tongue:

Marla - Hope you're feeling better!

Amanda - I know! I just feel better if I wear it now. :wink:

I LOVE my HRM. I feel special. :smooched: My 20 min. TJ workout yielded 140 cals this morning so that was a bonus! Woo hoo!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    So I have to come clean...

I wimped out of the 30-Day shred last night -- :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

but I was so motivated by all your good wishes, that I got up (from my nice warm bed, with DH and DD in attendance) and went down for a morning shred.. :tongue: :tongue:

I made it through Level 1 with no stopping (first time) - still modified push ups (but that is my current reality)..

I also tested for the hundred push up challenge.. I decided that I really need to get strong enough for push ups. Every other type of exercise I feel like I can at least attempt - push ups completely escape me - just can't wrap my head (or body) around them. The 100 PU challenge will either kill or cure me..

Shuntae - excellent news about your move.. Very exciting times.. I moved in with my current husband after about 5 years of on again off again dating. We lived together for about 1 1/2 years and then decided to marry - have never looked back.. The very best move of my life. All the best to you both..

Sara - have fun with your new HRM - I just love mine..

Marla - hope you are feeling better today..

Lynnie - I could almost live off the Quaker Oats lower sugar instant oatmeal packages. Most breakfast buffets on the road will have a hot water urn, and for a little over 100 calories, the oatmeal keeps me satisfied for a while. Restaurants can be daunting, but most have some salad options and will accommodate special requests. Just think simple preparation (steamed veggies, grilled meats, whole wheat carbs).. You'll do just fine..

all my other friends - have a great day..

janie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Andrew...Yay for getting to see your family.

Lori...Thanks and Congrats on the jeans. I guess the guardian od the smaller sizes was smiling on you.:smile:

Sarah...I hope you enjoy your new HRM. The shred kicks my *kitten* but I am seeing results and that is all that matters.

Shaunte...Good luck with the move.

Marla....Take Care.

JanieBeth...Keep going. Its worth it and will get easier.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh you all are so much fun! I love the positive I can do it....You can do it....attitude you ALL have! Thanks for always making my day!

Sounds your body is in Safety mode sara! Sorry, now the last 5 are 'vanity pounds' as Jillian called them, and the body dont wanna let go (I call my last 15 Fannity pounds, cuz my fanny sure needs to lose a few more pounds!)

janie, lynnie, kati, nicky, bobbi, and every one else................

Have a GREAT day!:smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    okay, guys. Time to point & laugh at me. I have a stupid question. how in the heck do I shut OFF my HRM?! I bought the Polar F4 and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to shut the dang thing off. Does it shut off? Do I need to whisper to it? Is there a secret code? Any ideas!? Please?! Me & the user manual can't seem to figure out the answer...

it is a watch, right? I have F6 and it is always in watch mode....not sure about the F4
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey....got my afternoon typing done. Heading to shower and head to the 2pm basketball game. Are y seeing this time? Already 1:38....ugh.

No wonder my body is just rebelling....too much stress, I guess. And my body is just tired of it. (that makes me mad... guess I'm not supermom...)

BUT WAIT...as I'm typing, hubster just called. The game before my daughter's game is running at least 30 minutes late. I'll catch her game after all!!!!! Wooooooo !!!!!!!

Went to Outback with hubby last night. We always split dinners for price and so we don't overeat. I ate the salad with dressing on the side, 1/2 baked potato and about 1/3 of the small steak since I was already full. Not toooo bad.

Heading to destinkify....keep up the good work crew!!!!!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay the shred is in the book for today. You won't believe what I found...I have a 2 pack...LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :noway: :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey....got my afternoon typing done. Heading to shower and head to the 2pm basketball game. Are y seeing this time? Already 1:38....ugh.

No wonder my body is just rebelling....too much stress, I guess. And my body is just tired of it. (that makes me mad... guess I'm not supermom...)

BUT WAIT...as I'm typing, hubster just called. The game before my daughter's game is running at least 30 minutes late. I'll catch her game after all!!!!! Wooooooo !!!!!!!

Went to Outback with hubby last night. We always split dinners for price and so we don't overeat. I ate the salad with dressing on the side, 1/2 baked potato and about 1/3 of the small steak since I was already full. Not toooo bad.

Heading to destinkify....keep up the good work crew!!!!!!
    Sounds like fun, Marla! Enjoy the game. I think screaming RUN RUN RUN may not actually MAKE them run....but burns a LOT of calories!!
    (I yelled this at my son during a baseball game when he was in high school...a little girl next to me said He should know BEFORE the game he is supposed to RUN when he hits the ball, we learned THAT in Tball this week!!!:laugh: )
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Okay the shred is in the book for today. You won't believe what I found...I have a 2 pack...LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :noway: :noway:

Cool beans! Shred is in bed!!

and a TWO PACK!!! WOO HOO!!!:flowerforyou:
    (i still have a kegger!):laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :bigsmile:

Nicky did you get your teeth whitened again??:huh:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Jeannie's in a silly mood today. LOL The F4 is very similar to the F6 except (my interpretation) is that it is for people that don't go to the gym. :laugh: It lacks the "anti-interfernce" thingy. So far so good! Oh, and I REFUSE to except that my last 5 are vanity pounds. 5 MORE would be vanity...these 5 just have to go. (I'm threatening them...do you think they're listening?). Actually, after my day of junk & no exercise yesterday, I was down a pound this morning from yesterday morning. :noway:. My husband has talked me into toning down the crazy exercise routine during the week b/c after reading Phoenix Flame's post about her talking to Jillian, I think I might be doing too much (if that is possible). We'll see what this week holds for me! Thanks for the tips, Jeannie!

Nicky - Have fun tonight! (it was tonight, right?)

Bobbi - Good job getting in the Shred!

Marla - Glad you're feeling better! Have fun at daughter's bball game.