"I am Single" Would you?

Options

Replies

• BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    No way!

I would just be me, and like attracts like. Before long that void would be filled, but I'd never go to any "singles" functions or advertise myself like a side of beef.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    my wedding band says it all =)
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Would it even work? .....I got hit on more when I was married and wearing a wedding ring, basically yelling "TAKEN!"
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    NEVER
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I love that all of the married people are chiming in. Too funny!
  • krisney
    Options
    I would think that a wedding band would indicate 'not single' :)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's desperate but I wouldn't like it being an in thing if I were single. It removes one element of challenge the 'hunt' ;P

There's a beach in Italy where where you sun bake is an indication of how 'up for it' you are. The closer to the water you are the more receptive you are to interest.

There's always a couple of trollops sun baking right on the wet sand lol
  • Celiamariec
    Options
    I don't think it's desperate. Why be ashamed of being single? It's not like it screams, "I'm single and hate it! Marry me now!" I'm sure a good number of the single folks on here saying it's desperate are the same ones logging onto Match.com (or whatever your singles site is).
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score! :)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's desperate. Why be ashamed of being single? It's not like it screams, "I'm single and hate it! Marry me now!" I'm sure a good number of the single folks on here saying it's desperate are the same ones logging onto Match.com (or whatever your singles site is).

LMFAO! I'm guilty of using Match & Zoosk in the past!:blushing: :laugh:
  • weightlosswonderwoman
    Options
    Kinda takes the fun out of building up the courage to go talk to someone....
    But that's just my opinion
    (:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Don't they have 'I'm not single' finger bands?

I'm married and have never had one of those... I'm serious, I've never had a wedding ring, he has one but I don't. I keep telling him I need one. Maybe now that I'm losing weight, he'll get one for me. He is already making comments "I'm going to have to handcuff you do me so you won't leave me for another man." Maybe this is the kick in the balls he needs to get on it?

But to answer the OP... Oh hell no! I would never wear this even if I was single. Mise well write "I'm desperate" on your forehead, and then underneath it jot your number"
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Don't they have 'I'm not single' finger bands?

Winning like x1000
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Really? I wear a ring, it indicates I am not single. Before that I didn't wear a ring, it meant I wasn't married. Hurm.
  • moniquelessard
    Options

Yes.... which many men prefer... you'd be surprised.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Not everyone wears a wedding band though. And just because you aren't married doesn't mean you want a relationship.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    no but I'm old and like being single. I don't want paired up I don't NEED a man (or want one in my house) and I don't understand all this neediness & lonliness stuff.
    We start out autonomous. WHEN does all this NEED come up!? it's learned and I never learned it. I don't want to.
    So many ppl stay in BAD relationships rather than be alone - I don't get it.
    Then you have ppl who are 'hunting' for a partner like it's a job vacancy. There are no vacancies here. I have a full life & no time for some other person's nonsense.

get a wrist band or GET A LIFE - your choice - I've made mine
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've been single 4 years... and no... I most definitely would not wear a wrist band advertising it... Whilst it is sometimes hard to spot "single" people... I think it is up to conversations and getting to know someone to determine if they are taken already or not. You can make some great friends by talking to people you don't know... Obviously if they're wearing a wedding ring, you know they're not single! In which case you would only be conversing to make a friend. If there is no ring on their finger, then it is up to that person to let you know (or for you to suss out) if they are single or not and whether they're interested...

I personally would not want to advertise being single. I like my freedom. I like my independence and I like people to talk to me not thinking they can jump in my pants. Wearing a "single" band could potentially send out the wrong vibes. Make people work for it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Like medic alert bracelets?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    just to add another comment to this:

single ladies: do not ever wear a decorative ring on your left hang ring finger. one time i was wearing one there that was silver and orange, obviously not a wedding/engagement ring at all, and a older guy friend of mine told me not to wear it there, as guys really do look at your ring finger to gauge your level of singleness. so if you want to scream your single wear a ring on any finger except for that one!