"I am Single" Would you?

Options

Replies

• Celiamariec
    Options
    I don't think it's desperate. Why be ashamed of being single? It's not like it screams, "I'm single and hate it! Marry me now!" I'm sure a good number of the single folks on here saying it's desperate are the same ones logging onto Match.com (or whatever your singles site is).

LMFAO! I'm guilty of using Match & Zoosk in the past!:blushing: :laugh:

Lol, but it's not desperate. There's nothing wrong with using those sites. It's just funny how some people are embarrassed to be single.

I do think it's a goofy way to just make money though. The idea, I agree with.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    "I am single" bands are on the same shelf as-

"Will Boink for Drinks", "Horny as H*ll", "Skank on the Prowl"
    and "What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas" Bands HAHAHAHAHAHAH
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I refuse to wear any kind of cheap-looking bracelet.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    When did I time warp? Not all people in committed relationships are married or wear wedding bands. Times they are a-changin.' If people are single and want to remain that way - great. If people are single and want a one-nighter, bully for them. If people are single and would like to be in a relationship, that's great as well. Given the various stages people can be at in relationships with no way to definitively declare it to others, I see no reason why someone should be denied declaration of their single status. Why not?! I can't say if I would wear one or not, I certainly wouldn't wear one in professional situations or things like that, but maybe elsewhere. Most people I know are married or living with someone. There's no way to know if someone is committed but just not married.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    When did I time warp? Not all people in committed relationships are married or wear wedding bands. Times they are a-changin.' If people are single and want to remain that way - great. If people are single and want a one-nighter, bully for them. If people are single and would like to be in a relationship, that's great as well. Given the various stages people can be at in relationships with no way to definitively declare it to others, I see no reason why someone should be denied declaration of their single status. Why not?! I can't say if I would wear one or not, I certainly wouldn't wear one in professional situations or things like that, but maybe elsewhere. Most people I know are married or living with someone. There's no way to know if someone is committed but just not married.

Well said!
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm.... let me think....

NO.

And I used to wear one of those finger bands... I sold mine and his just before the divorce was final.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I don't need a wristband to let girls know I wanna take them home.

I seduce them on the dancefloor instead.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

This. I like this. Being pretty newly single it's kind of a cool idea, thinking of it as an easy way to tell whether someone is available. Just because someone doesn't have a wedding ring on doesn't mean they're single! Plus, some people (like ME!!) can be pretty shy, so maybe it would help some people to get noticed or approached when they normally wouldn't be comfortable going and making the first move.
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Do they have headband versions??

#ashamedtoadmitiamdesperate
  • mwright24skinny
    mwright24skinny Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't need a wristband to let girls know I wanna take them home.

I seduce them on the dancefloor instead.

Hot Damn!!lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear one. I mostly just want to be left alone.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I have a shirt that says I'm a keeper
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    The interview they had with the woman was someone who had just come out of a marriage and she was the one that has formed this websit/idea here in australia. I dont think I would ever do it mainly because I am only 24 and that makes me look quite desperate.

I think I will continue to be a person who is both nice and friendly to everyone, someone will eventually take me for me :)

But for some people who are getting a fair bit older and would like to meet someone, I do think that this could be a great option
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's such a bad idea, I've seen guys I'm interested in but there's not an easy way to suss out interest because of the location.

However, there is no way I'm paying a website $15 so I can wear an ugly bracelet with their site name on it.

Also, it does remind me of the jelly wrist bands from school. Will they be coming out with colored plates you can snap onto the bracelet to indicate just -what- you are interested in?
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I think it clears up a lot of confusion. Many people are afraid of rejection, but if they know that other person is telling the world "they are single", it may encourage an otherwise shy person to start up a conversation. No one is making you do anything.

Agreed.

I see nothing wrong with it. Declare it if you want to declare it...gets straight to the point.

Personally I wouldn't wear it though. Just because I am single does not mean I'm looking and I wouldn't want to deal with people hitting on me... triggered by my wristband.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    How 'bout a wristband that says "I'm not single but if you're down, I'm down"???
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I haven't been "single" for a while, but I do know even if by fate I became single the last thing I would do is wear a wrist band that says "I am single" not because it's cheesy (though it kind of is) or too simple (which it is) but because half of the fun of being single is to have someone COME FIND OUT IF YOU ARE. If a guy knows I'm single he will more than likely approach me... yes, but I prefer a man that is brave enough to do it regardless. :D That's just me.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Like medic alert bracelets?

They should come in different colors to indicate your personality or interests up front - like your favorite sports team colors, or green if your really into the environment - OR mood bracelets with "I'm Single" on them.
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options
    Islanders typically wear a flower in one ear to symbolize if they are single, and the other ear to symbolize "taken". What's the big deal?

so do the irish:drinker: .. they are called a claddagh ring. Traditionally, if the ring is on the right hand with the heart facing outward and away from the body, this indicates that the person wearing the ring is not in any serious relationship, and may in fact be single and looking for a relationship: "their heart is open. When worn on the right hand but with the heart facing inward toward the body, this indicates the person wearing the ring is in a relationship, or that "someone has captured their heart. A Claddagh worn on the left hand ring finger facing outward away from the body generally indicates that the wearer is engaged. When the ring is on the left hand ring finger and facing inward toward the body, it generally means that the person wearing the ring is married.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Lol seems rather desperate.