What are your "Turn-Offs"?

Options

Replies

• moniquelessard
    Options
    Include all of the previously mentioned points and add MATERIALISM. I cannot deal with someone who has to buy 'name brand' everything, and talk about it, brag about it, flaunt it. Literally turns my stomach. You can look good without spending the yearly income of a poor family on a pair of shoes. Just sayin' :D

I'd rather say having a girl marrying you for the sake of having a luxurious lifestyle...

Married a man who made BIG $$. Took none when I left, went back to school to become a nurse. Graduate in two days and I find myself madly in love with the best man I've ever known. He makes very little money, but WOW, he turns me on ;)

Gotta love life lessons we have to learn the hard way! xo
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Discourtesy, poor personal hygiene, smoking, ignorance/close-mindedness, submissive/lack of personality, weak character.

Visually: piercings (including ears), long hair except in very exceptional circumstances, very bad teeth, and, as shallow as it sounds, you will have to work harder to get my attention if you are shorter than me when I'm wearing flat shoes. It's not an absolute, but...
  • Galletakek
    Options
    Cheaters
    Does not take care of himself
    Liars
    Pretty boys ( lol not a bad thing, most girls like It : ). just not me)
    If he is way to nice. Like to the point that he seems perfect o.0( if that makes sense)
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Smoking
    Poor personal hygeine
    Couch potatoes
    Arrogance
    Needy/Desparate
    Selfish
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    BAD BREATH. God, that turns me right off. Dirty OR long fingernails. Have you ever noticed guys who leave one fingernail to grow longer than the others? Absolutely terrifying and disgusting!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Cheap
    Overly vain/narcissistic
    girly hands - I never want to feel like I could be holding my own hand - blah
    wishy washy
    narrow minded
    lazy
    smelly
  • amymaria91
    Options
    Spitting totally grosses me out
    B.O.
    Dirty fingernails
    Takes himself way too seriously
    Trousers hanging off his backside showing most of his pants
    and of course cheaters/liars
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    1. Bad breath
    2. Cracked heels
    3. High pitch voice
    4. Exposing g-string with low cut jeans (Nice to look at but I would mind sharing my gf's *kitten* with the public)
    5. Playing hard to get
    6. Manipulating people
    7. Jealousy

I though guys LOVE the g-string peeking out?!?!?!?!?
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Immaturity
    Disrespectful
    Hot tempers
    Big egos
    Pretty boys
    Spoiled men - used to having everyone else do *kitten* for them.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Some of mine:

slouching
    overly-possessive
    being gross (one guy I dated didn't even have hand soap in his bathroom - gag)
    guys who are so interested in the physical part, they don't seem to care about ANYTHING else
    arrogance and cockiness

Those are the main ones.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    spitting
    rude
    self centred
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    1. Being Ignored, 2, Self-Admiration 3.Paying too Much Attention to Other Women 4.Poor Grooming Habits 5. bad teeth 6. dirty finger nails 7.Bad Pick-Up Lines 8.When he tries kissing you while Being Drunk 9. Bad breath, 10. childish behaviour.....
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am completely turned off by chubby people who take shirtless pictures of themselves and make it their profile pic. No one wants to see that.

LOL - :)
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Am I the only woman around here that likes "COCKy" guys?

I think there is a distinct line between cocky and confidence-
    Cocky seems to mask insecurity a lot. Think about it, why project cocky unless you are worried about how people perceive you. Confident people have nothing to prove in life, hence the need not to act out, and self promote the way cocky people do. Behind EVERY cocky person, is an insecure poseur who acts out in defense, in fear of being exposed. Confidence is about being true to whom you are, not being afraid of putting yourself out there. Now that is SEXY!
    Confidence is attractive. Arrogance (cockiness) is obnoxious.
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    A woman who thinks it's her job to please everyone. Being hospitable is one thing (and an attractive thing) but not to the point of saying whatever she thinks people want to hear or giving things she doesn't have.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    A person who isn't really listening. They're just waiting for a pause in the conversation so they can turn it back on themselves.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Am I the only woman around here that likes "COCKy" guys?

I think there is a distinct line between cocky and confidence-
    Cocky seems to mask insecurity a lot. Think about it, why project cocky unless you are worried about how people perceive you. Confident people have nothing to prove in life, hence the need not to act out, and self promote the way cocky people do. Behind EVERY cocky person, is an insecure poseur who acts out in defense, in fear of being exposed. Confidence is about being true to whom you are, not being afraid of putting yourself out there. Now that is SEXY!
    Confidence is attractive. Arrogance (cockiness) is obnoxious.

^^^ Nicely said.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    H'm my old turn offs would've been
    bad teeth
    facial hair
    no confidence

Now if I were looking it would be more
    bad credit score
    poor job history
    bankruptcy! (RED LIGHT RED LIGHT)
    and bad teeth :p

Actually...Just some FYI. Many multi-millionaires have either gone bankrupt or been so poor they could only eat ramen at some point in their life. Donald Trump, for example, filed bankruptcy on one of his hotel chains.

Not such a big red light. Sometimes, you need to fail before you can achieve success. Now, turn that 'light bulb' on.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Actually...Just some FYI. Many multi-millionaires have either gone bankrupt or been so poor they could only eat ramen at some point in their life. Donald Trump, for example, filed bankruptcy on one of his hotel chains.

Not such a big red light. Sometimes, you need to fail before you can achieve success. Now, turn that 'light bulb' on.

There's a big difference between being unsuccessful in business and failing so bad at managing your own personal finances that you have to file bankruptcy. A business going bankrupt is one thing, but not being able to manage your own personal expenses is quite another.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Not having a sense of humor = huge turn off.
    And lacking a sense of adventure = boring!
    And people who take themselves too seriously = blech!