Is it just me or is cottage cheese nasty

Options
1235»

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    It's just gross, right up there with plain yogurt. I hate eggs too, but I eat those anyway b/c or the protein.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese. I'll eat it plain but I'm addicted to the Breakstone Cottage Doubles. I ate a couple a day. Yum!!!
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE cottage cheese. But it also depends on the brand you buy. And I only like it plain, or made into a sludge w/ protein powder and fruits. I also love fat free plain Chobani Greek yogurt, but I only eat that plain, unsweetened.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    IT'S NASTY!! I hate that stuff. My hubby can buy a tub of that stuff and eat it plain.
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    I like just plain cottage cheese...I cant stand the kind thats mixed with fruit or anything else :sick:
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's nasty!
  • oboeadam
    oboeadam Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you take cottage cheese, some skim milk and mix in some sugar free pudding and blend until smooth, you will love it again. Trust me!
  • ilikeher
    Options
    WARNING: cottage cheese causes obesity!

My objective, personal observation is that only fat people eat this stuff.
    You never see skinny people ordering cottage cheese.

okay, no one ORDERS cottage cheese.... unless you frequent diners. I believe it is typically purchased at a grocery store. And I'm am sure that overweight people eat it but clearly plenty of healthy people eat it also. I eat it because it has a lot of protein in it
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I always THOUGHT i hated cottage cheese because I always bought the fat-free or low fat kind when I was on a diet.

Hadn't eaten it for 20+ years and decided to try it again , BUT THIS TIME I GOT THE kind with 4% fat...(Still a good nutrition to calories ratio and lots of nutrition.)

I thought I could take baby steps and work my way down to fat-free but my breaking point is 2% below that is just well... nasty
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I think it's nasty! I hate the texture and the way it feels in my mouth!
  • ilikeher
    Options
    Cottage cheese, pickles, and liver are the triumvirate of gross. I should put all three on a plate and take a picture. Would keep me off my food for days.

You are crazy, I could live on pickles
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with some fresh diced tomatoes mixed in with just a sprinkle of pepper is lovely. I like it plain, or mixed with some frozen fresh berries, or some yogurt, or blended with herbs into a dip, or with some salad shrimp mixed in, or - who am I kidding. I think I just like it however it is served up.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I gag just thinking about it! My hubby loves it.
  • heidikins7
    Options
    I think it's nasty! I hate the texture and the way it feels in my mouth!

Agreed. I tried it once, and I'll never eat it again. Just looking at it makes my stomach turn.
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It REALLY depends on the brand! Some brands (like Kraft, for instance) are terrible. My family loves the Hiland brand.