Exercise Videos ….. How many do you own?

Options

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrased to post the titles and how many I own. Some of them are new in the package.

I joined a gym several years ago and haven't picked up a video since.
  • Jermisha
    Options
    I started my inventory after posting on this thread. Just finished the titles starting with a number and the A's and I'm at 50. Some would say I have an obsession. Personally, I just say that I'm a collector. Some people collect stamps, others rare coins. Me, I collect exercise videos! LOL

When I read your second post it made me chuckle, you have only started with numbers and the letter A and your already at 50! I can say one thing, you will never get bored with working out. lol

As of now, I'm done with the letters up to M and have 320. I will get through this sometime this week, hopefully! :laugh: And no, I don't get bored with working out. I may be exhausted trying to do them all in 2012 plus my heavy weight workouts for my bodybuilding goal, but I think it will definitely be fun.

Keep me posted when you have reached your final count with the total numbers of dvds you have! I see that your into bodybuilding, have you ever read oxygen magazine before? They have a section in the mag that is dedicated to competitions etc.
  • Jermisha
    Options
    I'm embarrased to post the titles and how many I own. Some of them are new in the package.

I joined a gym several years ago and haven't picked up a video since.

Awww don’t be embarrassed to name a couple off! Enlighten me with just naming one title!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I started my inventory after posting on this thread. Just finished the titles starting with a number and the A's and I'm at 50. Some would say I have an obsession. Personally, I just say that I'm a collector. Some people collect stamps, others rare coins. Me, I collect exercise videos! LOL

When I read your second post it made me chuckle, you have only started with numbers and the letter A and your already at 50! I can say one thing, you will never get bored with working out. lol

As of now, I'm done with the letters up to M and have 320. I will get through this sometime this week, hopefully! :laugh: And no, I don't get bored with working out. I may be exhausted trying to do them all in 2012 plus my heavy weight workouts for my bodybuilding goal, but I think it will definitely be fun.

Keep me posted when you have reached your final count with the total numbers of dvds you have! I see that your into bodybuilding, have you ever read oxygen magazine before? They have a section in the mag that is dedicated to competitions etc.

Well, I'm at 509 workouts right now, but I have 4 VHS tapes which are compilations that I recorded so I have no idea how many workouts are on them. I figure I'll start with those on the first of January to add them to my inventory. Oh, and I'm not counting the episodes of my tv show from a few years ago that I haven't put on dvd yet because I can't do them until I have them converted from miniDV. And they are a mix of about half DVD and half VHS. Crazy how many of them I have now, but I did start collecting in like 1996 when I got my first certification.

As for Oxygen, I've read it before. It's a pretty good magazine. I don't really do OTC magazines anymore, though, since I've done my bachelors in exercise physiology. I get my info more from the actual research in journals instead of a writer putting their spin on the research. I've found that they tend to misquote or misinterpret the data sometimes, so I go straight to the source for the most accurate information. Plus I'll be doing the research myself when I start my masters in August, so I figure I need to be familiar with the journals I want to publish my research. :wink:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    P90X
    Insanity
    Insanity's Asylum
    30 Shred
    Rockin' Body
    Brazil Butt Lift
    Turbo Fire
    Turbo Jam Live
    Body Gospel
    P90X2
    Slim in 6
    Hip Hop Abs
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs
    ChaLean Extreme [current workout]
    Brazil Butt Lift
    Luscious: The Belly Dance Workout
    Love Potion: The Belly Dance Workout
    Hard Candy: The Belly Dance Workout
    Belly Dance Tribal Fusion Workout
    The Samba Reggae Workout
    Cardio Samba Workout

5499814.png
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm at 509 workouts right now, but I have 4 VHS tapes which are compilations that I recorded so I have no idea how many workouts are on them. I figure I'll start with those on the first of January to add them to my inventory. Oh, and I'm not counting the episodes of my tv show from a few years ago that I haven't put on dvd yet because I can't do them until I have them converted from miniDV. And they are a mix of about half DVD and half VHS. Crazy how many of them I have now, but I did start collecting in like 1996 when I got my first certification.

As for Oxygen, I've read it before. It's a pretty good magazine. I don't really do OTC magazines anymore, though, since I've done my bachelors in exercise physiology. I get my info more from the actual research in journals instead of a writer putting their spin on the research. I've found that they tend to misquote or misinterpret the data sometimes, so I go straight to the source for the most accurate information. Plus I'll be doing the research myself when I start my masters in August, so I figure I need to be familiar with the journals I want to publish my research. :wink:

You have me beat. I have over 200 workouts. I know that I'm getting close to the 300 mark. I love to exercise and try out new workouts. One day, I will sit down and do an excel spreadsheet of all my workouts.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

You have me beat. I have over 200 workouts. I know that I'm getting close to the 300 mark. I love to exercise and try out new workouts. One day, I will sit down and do an excel spreadsheet of all my workouts.

That's what I did with mine. The excel spreadsheet is broken down by title, format (DVD or VHS), type of activity, duration, and notes about the workout. It is really beneficial when selecting a workout because it helps me pick something that works with the time I have available and also helps me pick workouts I like more or avoid workouts I really disliked. I really should just purge the workouts I didn't like by donating them.

Here's an idea for you to try. I did it in 2008 and am doing it again in 2012. Set a goal to do all of your videos in 1 year. It takes some planning to make sure you have time for the longer workouts, but it is so fun that it's not much of an inconvenience. LOL
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    O wow. I'm not sure I can answer that. I still have a couple pregnancy workouts from back in the day. Gilad, a TON of walk off the pounds, insanity, the firm, windsor pilates, 30DS, turboslim abs or whatever it's called. lol uhmmm zumba, carmen electra aerobic striptease, uhmmm kids count workout...I'm sure there's more...I just can't think of them. lol
  • angeleyez77
    angeleyez77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansones Walking Dvds :) I own one and there so good I have Billy Blanks one and a Pilates Dvd and Cardio 10 min one and others. But love Leslie Sansone.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have the following sets:

Insanity Deluxe Set
    Insanity The Asylum
    P90X
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have so many, it is starting to annoy my husband, it has become an addiction.

I have:
    Yoga Booty Ballet,
    Power 90
    P 90X
    TurboFIre
    Chalean Extreme
    Insanity
    Hip Hop Abs
    Rockin Body is on it's way got it on sale for $19.99
    NY CIty Ballet 1 &2
    5 of the Winsor Pilates DVDs
    3 random Pilates DVDS
    5 bollywoods
    Shimmy Season 1
    Jari Love (about 6 of them)
    a few more ballet's and some bellydancing
    A couple of Yoga dvd's.
    These are the ones that I remember.

I have not done Insanity yet, and I want to get the Asylum when I am done with Insanity. By then I will be able to do P90X, then get P90X 2.

It is a sickness
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options

That's what I did with mine. The excel spreadsheet is broken down by title, format (DVD or VHS), type of activity, duration, and notes about the workout. It is really beneficial when selecting a workout because it helps me pick something that works with the time I have available and also helps me pick workouts I like more or avoid workouts I really disliked. I really should just purge the workouts I didn't like by donating them.

Here's an idea for you to try. I did it in 2008 and am doing it again in 2012. Set a goal to do all of your videos in 1 year. It takes some planning to make sure you have time for the longer workouts, but it is so fun that it's not much of an inconvenience. LOL

I have some workouts that I don't like. I might donate those. I don't know if I will do all my workouts in a year. I like to create programs for myself, using workouts that I like doing.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Too many! Lots of Beachbody -

P90X
    P90X+
    Insanity
    Asylum
    1 on 1 "Fountain of Youth Yoga"

Also have a mix of others - Brian Kest's "Power Yoga", "Yoga Meltdown"... and a load of RPM videos from Release 28 - 52, which I got off a friend who was an RPM instructor.

I probably do the RPM videos and the Kest Yoga DVDs most. Although I do an Insanity workout once a week, the Asylum "Strength" workout once a week (best workout EVER!), and Ab-Ripper X at least once a week. I only do the P90X videos occasionally nowadays as I prefer to hit the weights in the gym. But "Chest and Back" or "Plyometrics" get used relatively frequently.
  • Jermisha
    Options

Wow I am assuming that you have well over 1000 workout dvds! Congrats on getting your bachelors in exercise physiology!
  • Jermisha
    Options
    P90X
    Insanity
    Insanity's Asylum
    30 Shred
    Rockin' Body
    Brazil Butt Lift
    Turbo Fire
    Turbo Jam Live
    Body Gospel
    P90X2
    Slim in 6
    Hip Hop Abs

Wow that i believe is the whole beachbody collection that you own! I've always wanted to try turbo fire.
  • Jermisha
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs
    ChaLean Extreme [current workout]
    Brazil Butt Lift
    Luscious: The Belly Dance Workout
    Love Potion: The Belly Dance Workout
    Hard Candy: The Belly Dance Workout
    Belly Dance Tribal Fusion Workout
    The Samba Reggae Workout
    Cardio Samba Workout

Does Brazil Butt Lift really work?

5499814.png
  • Jermisha
    Options
    O wow. I'm not sure I can answer that. I still have a couple pregnancy workouts from back in the day. Gilad, a TON of walk off the pounds, insanity, the firm, windsor pilates, 30DS, turboslim abs or whatever it's called. lol uhmmm zumba, carmen electra aerobic striptease, uhmmm kids count workout...I'm sure there's more...I just can't think of them. lol

Got to love walk away the pounds!
  • Jermisha
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansones Walking Dvds :) I own one and there so good I have Billy Blanks one and a Pilates Dvd and Cardio 10 min one and others. But love Leslie Sansone.

High Five with loving Leslie S:bigsmile: ansone! lol
  • Jermisha
    Options
    I have so many, it is starting to annoy my husband, it has become an addiction.

I have:
    Yoga Booty Ballet,
    Power 90
    P 90X
    TurboFIre
    Chalean Extreme
    Insanity
    Hip Hop Abs
    Rockin Body is on it's way got it on sale for $19.99
    NY CIty Ballet 1 &2
    5 of the Winsor Pilates DVDs
    3 random Pilates DVDS
    5 bollywoods
    Shimmy Season 1
    Jari Love (about 6 of them)
    a few more ballet's and some bellydancing
    A couple of Yoga dvd's.
    These are the ones that I remember.

I have not done Insanity yet, and I want to get the Asylum when I am done with Insanity. By then I will be able to do P90X, then get P90X 2.

It is a sickness

How many times a week do you workout to Jari Love dvds? I am not really sure how many times would ideal.