Ladies: Younger men?

Options

Replies

• paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Something to think about... isn't judging immediately based *solely* on age just as narrow-minded and prejudicial as judging someone based solely on their skin color or religion? Keep in mind that I'm talking strictly AGE - personality, responsibility or maturity level (which are often related to age) is a different thing.

Agreed! I was not judging him for being in his tender late 20's-30's years. That he was flirting with me just never actually occurred to me at that moment :noway:

Many great stories LOL! Next time I just need a thump on the head to get it :grumble:
    ...and next time, yes, I get his number :wink:

So men, if you're reading (it was not my intention to exclude your insights), do you have an age limit for "older women"? Do tell!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Never have dated younger. I'm generally not actually attracted to younger. They can be attractive, but the oldies usually catch my eye first. Let's split a metamucil shake, baby.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    My husband is older and I never dated anyone younger so no experiences with younger men here.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    My husband is 3 years younger then me but thats the youngest i ever dated but i dont see the age difference lol When we first started dating i was 22 and he was 19 but he was the most mature guy i had dated lmao
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My husband is 25 and I am 32. We have an awesome relationship/marriage! Couldn't be happier! :D
    By the way, he is more mature and responsible than a lot of men my age and he is a lot more brave and courageous than I will ever be at 32. Age is just a number.

[My boss' son (24 yr old) is dating a 42 yr old. He is a really good person, has a great job (degree based), has his own house and really down to earth. My cousin is 28 yr old and dating a 39 yr old. He says that he is really enjoying that she is not such a drama queen like the 22 yr old he recently broke up with.]
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    At least since I was in my 20s, I have definitely found older women extremely attractive.

Just a random thought from a guy.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have only gone 5 yrs younger and that was when they were still in their 30s. Age is just a number, but honestly, once about mid thirties I had nothing in common with most 20 somethings and definitely NOT teenagers, so I never would take them seriously, but that's just me... my husband is 5 yrs older.

If you find someone who's company you enjoy, whatever the age - go for it!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I think this is a weird double standard... Most guys will date someone younger and I find that women typically do not. I'm sure it's just a generalization that most younger men are immature. Which is probably true.

I personally am new to dating... I was married to my high school girlfriend and I was with her for 11 years. In the last year since we split I have dated some. One younger and the others around the same age as me. I learned after two dates with the younger woman that she had no effing clue about life. I've already been married, divorced, have a career, and two kids... I don't have time or the desire for childish games/drama. So within a couple years I can understand. I just see it being hard to relate to someone much younger than myself.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at almost 17 when he was almost 25, 8 year age gap. Never dated anyone younger but I joke all the time that I will trade him in for a younger model (he says the same about me and I tell him to try and go younger than me!) . I always dated older guys so it wasn't a big deal. Now I would totally go for a younger guy if I got the chance but I doubt I would get serious with a younger guy just because I think it'd be unlikely I'd find someone in the same place as me.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I didn't have the confidence for younger men...thought I needed an older man after my divorce, more stability, more set in his career. Then my sister said I HAD to meet this cute cop that had worked at her school. Well, he was 7 years younger. Heck no, no way a younger man would be interested in ME. Well, he was...and we've been together almost 9 years and is the love of my life. Age doesn't matter, finding the RIGHT person matters. (I love you Dan)
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    very interesting thread
    p.s.......im single :wink:

j/k....all the breathtaking ladies on this site are waaaaaaay out of my league. :ohwell:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Yes I have gone younger and I loved it !!!!!!!!!!! I also went Older and thats different to say the least. I think I need to find a happy medium..although Younger have much more stamina !
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    absolutely not, under no circumstances, ever.

Ditto. Unless he was 1 yr. younger than I was, and it was just a 1 night kinda thing.....lol

I prefer older guys. Young men are immature enough as it is!
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I did once, I was 22 and he was 18... and it was a bad decision. At those ages, I think there is just too much of a maturity difference.

I think it's easier when you are older... say 40 dating a 30-35 year old --- at least by then the guy should be A LITTLE more grown up.

Go for it if you want, but I'll stick with older/same aged guys!!
  • mmacintosh321
    mmacintosh321 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Since other guys have weighed in, I say... GO FOR IT! If guys are allowed to date younger women, why shouldn't y'all have some fun as well?

It's funny... I've dated 12 years older and 15 years younger... and I've found that age doesn't always correlate to maturity. Sure, there are differences in life stages, but if you share the same values and communicate well, you can have a really healthy relationship with someone from a different generation. Or... you might just have amazing sex... nothing wrong with that.
  • awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options
    I've never dated a younger guy or a guy my own age actually ...I've always been into guys a few years older than me. But I see nothing wrong with it...go for it! :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, so a guy younger than me has the good chance of being a ridiculous child. Plus, I'm about to have my third child. I don't feel "young and fun", I feel responsible. So even if I weren't married (he's 4 years older than me) I doubt I'd go for someone younger.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    if you share the same values and communicate well, you can have a really healthy relationship with someone from a different generation. Or... you might just have amazing sex... nothing wrong with that.

^^^ There seems to be a large consensus from both men & women in this thread... yay!
    Time to brush up on hip music & get our cougar game on LOL
    :drinker:

So, for the ladies who have/are enjoying relations with younger men... how did you meet? do tell!
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When I go out the only people that hit on me are much younger b/c they have no clue I'm in my 30s and think I'm like 21 or something. A couple of times I just decided not to care, but I've never gotten into a serious relationship with a younger guy - not opposed to it though. So long as they have a career or goals.
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've always dated older...they seem to be set in their directions (this isn't bad)
    I am engaged to a 'boy' he's 3 years younger but is open and willing to make things work.

I am an old soul and he's young and hopeful.
    Its a nice balance!