What do you get on your subway?

just curious and to how healthy your sub is.

I get 6" wheat no cheese, ham, all salads and sweet onion and just pepper

Replies

• 6 inch veggie patty/roasted chicken breast/sweet onion teriyaki chicken on Parmesan oregano, toasted with no cheese, with lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes, and a splash of ordinary vinegar. (:
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    I either get a ham salad with tomatoes, green peppers, maybe a few olive, and onions with honey mustard on the side.

Sandwich wise I get ham on 6" herb and cheese with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, maybe a few olives, and onions with honey mustard and sweet onion sauce. Comes to be a little under 400 cal. Keeps me full for at least half the day though.
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Salad with roasted chicken

Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Shredded cheese, bell peppers, oil and vinegar
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    whole wheat with cheese (yum and healthy), turkey (protein :drinker: ), lettuce, tomato, olives, hot pepper, mustard, green peppers
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Mmmm.... Subway.... I get a toasted 6" (sometimes a 12" if it is going to be my lunch AND dinner) oven roasted chicken on 9 grain wheat with cheddar, lettuce, spinach, pickles, cucumbers, parmesan, oregano, and honey mustard. Clocks in at 400 calories and is soooooooo good!
  • I get a 6 inch veggie delight on 9 grain wheat with provolone, all of the veggies and ask them to go heavy on the vinegar for the dressing.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Subway Club on Wheat. Provolone, Lettuce, Spinach, Red Onions, Green Peppers, Black Olives, Tomatoes, and a little big of Vinaigrette.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    6 inch chicken breast on wheat, American or provolone cheese, spinach (love it), lots of onions and bell pepper and I finally stopped adding mayo! Yay me.. And that's it! :)
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    6 inch buffalo chicken w/o ranch with pepper jack cheese, lettuce tomatoes onion and banana peppers! So yummy!
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    6" Ham on Wheat with lettuce, tomato, red onion and jalepenos - only 258 calories and very filling.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Footlong Subway Club on wheat fully loaded! I don't get any mayo or other sauces though.
    Now I have to go get one for lunch today since it sounds so good right now!
  • 6 inch veggie with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickle and pepper with cheese and limited light mayo and mustard.
    If i'm sharing with my boyfriend we get a steak , I get no cheese on that one with lettuce, red onion and pickle with mustard and light mayo again .. I go really really easy on the mayo though. =)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    I don't touch Subway bread. It's bad stuff. Their wheat and whole grain breads are not whole wheat. And their whole grain breads contain more HFCS than whole grain.

And breads shoot my blood sugar higher than something sugary. What's really interesting is that whole grain bread shoots my blood sugar as high and non-whole grain breads. (So in my body white and whole grain breads do the exact same thing).

http://www.shapefit.com/diet/subway-healthy-fast-food.htm
    http://webecoist.momtastic.com/2009/05/08/10-weird-and-gross-ingredients-in-processed-food/ (Subway bread) is first on the this list.
  • Foot long oven roasted chicken breast, grilled, provolone, lettuce, tomato, red onion, green pepper, pickles, and a dash of salt and pepper. Not 100% good for you but damn is it tasty.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Even though their subs are low cal they're SUPER high in sodium. Like, entire days worth of sodium high. I don't really eat there because of it.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Italian BMT on cheese bread, prolone cheese all veggies 'cept for carrots and spinach. Oh and red wine dressing.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    I don't touch Subway bread. It's bad stuff. Their wheat and whole grain breads are not whole wheat. And their whole grain breads contain more HFCS than whole grain.

And breads shoot my blood sugar higher than something sugary. What's really interesting is that whole grain bread shoots my blood sugar as high and non-whole grain breads. (So in my body white and whole grain breads do the exact same thing).

I can't eat thier bread either. So if it's the only option, I get the salad, loaded, no cheese, no meat.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    6 inch veggie patty or veggie delight on honey oat or wheat bread loaded with all the veggies except olives and jalapenos, sometimes I add provolone cheese, and sweet onion sauce or honey mustard. I don't go there very often though.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    either chicken breast, steak and cheese, or roast beef with provolone or swiss
    if i want a lot of flavor, pastrami
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member
    Oven roasted chicken on italian w/lettuce, black olives, pickles, provolone and southwest chipotle sauce