THE Team - Week 3 - 2/20/09

Options
image001-1.gif

“Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803-1882

Welcome to Week 3, February 20, 2009.
Good Luck, everyone!
(Newbies: see the previous thread – below - for what we’ve been up to. Everyone is welcome here. Join in at any time!)
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/40787-the-team-week-2-2-13-09

Challenges so far:
Pick one, pick none, do them all, or come up with your own.
1. Reporting your weight losses, gains, or measurements
2. “Wogging” – a walking/jogging training program at your own pace
3. Water – drink half your weight in ounces of water daily. (180lbs = 90 oz water daily)
4. Logging every bite of food

I hope everyone is making progress. It’s a journey. Every little thing you learn or do differently is a triumph.

I am proud of all of you for showing up, that is half the battle.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    image001-1.gif

“Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803-1882
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Week 3, February 20, 2009.
    Good Luck, everyone!
    (Newbies: see the previous thread – below - for what we’ve been up to. Everyone is welcome here. Join in at any time!)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/40787-the-team-week-2-2-13-09
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Recap: 38 Recruits: some are either AWOL or lurking
    Some of you have really stepped up with your leadership and encouraging words. Great job!

Challenges so far:
    Pick one, pick none, do them all, or come up with your own.
    1. Reporting your weight losses, gains, or measurements
    2. “Wogging” – a walking/jogging training program at your own pace
    3. Water – drink half your weight in ounces of water daily. (180lbs = 90 oz water daily)
    4. Logging every bite of food

I hope everyone is making progress. It’s a journey. Every little thing you learn or do differently is a triumph.

I am proud of all of you for showing up, that is half the battle.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    There will be a new thread each week on Friday.fridaysmileybigger.gif
    It is in the “Motivation and Support” tab/category.
    The thread name is “THE Team - 2/20/09 Week 3” Then week 4, etc.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    The last 2 weeks have been pretty bad for me. I was sick, then the rest of my family. I have tried hard to stay on track, eating well for the most part and working out consistently, except for the days my kid was sick. I have still not recovered from my flu/cold but I am trying. This week is better than before. That's for sure. I have not been able to weigh myself this week but I think I must be close to 164lbs. Almost out of the obese range. I have to keep going. Not only am I trying to lose the weight for my sister's upcoming wedding....(overseas) :bigsmile: but I am also looking at the bigger goal in the picture...a future healthy baby/future pregnancy. That's my REAL goal.

Kindly keep me motivated thru this time frame. I need all the help! God bless...
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone
    Good morning
    This weeks loss was only 2 lbs. Just cracked the 240 mark but only at 239.8. I tried hard to lose the .8 before this morning and it still have it attached to my body. :laugh: Anyway, my weight is as follows and I am off to work.

SW 257
    CW 239.8
    GW 150

lost 2.2 lbs
    total is 17.2 lbs
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone
    Good morning
    This weeks loss was only 2 lbs. Just cracked the 240 mark but only at 239.8. I tried hard to lose the .8 before this morning and it still have it attached to my body. :laugh: Anyway, my weight is as follows and I am off to work.

SW 257
    CW 239.8
    GW 150

lost 2.2 lbs
    total is 17.2 lbs

2.2 pound loss this week! Yay! Ok, I wish I knew how to do cool dancing happy faces for you like CMR does!!! Instead, you get "cheers" - and he's drinking his water, of course! :drinker:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    The last 2 weeks have been pretty bad for me. I was sick, then the rest of my family. I have tried hard to stay on track, eating well for the most part and working out consistently, except for the days my kid was sick. I have still not recovered from my flu/cold but I am trying. This week is better than before. That's for sure. I have not been able to weigh myself this week but I think I must be close to 164lbs. Almost out of the obese range. I have to keep going. Not only am I trying to lose the weight for my sister's upcoming wedding....(overseas) :bigsmile: but I am also looking at the bigger goal in the picture...a future healthy baby/future pregnancy. That's my REAL goal.

Kindly keep me motivated thru this time frame. I need all the help! God bless...

Ok, you get drinker man too, since I have no cheerleading emoticoms - YOU CAN DO IT!!! :drinker:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Ok, here we go. Renayeb, I am going to add mine to yours:

renayeb - SW 257/ CW 239.8/ GW 150/Week's loss 2.2
    get_fit2009 SW 175/CW 164/GW 140/Week's loss 1

Happy Friday!
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Happy Friday!
    Nice job guys, I'm buyin a book today..lost 3,yaaay! I'm going to continue with last weeks challenge.
    Have a great Friday...Zano

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]132398.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • get_fit2009
    Options

Happy Friday!
    Nice job guys, I'm buyin a book today..lost 3,yaaay! I'm going to continue with last weeks challenge.
    Have a great Friday...Zano

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]132398.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -

3 this week! Way to go! Have fun book shopping, I can't go into book stores because I stay there all day and buy too much on the way out.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Mango- So sorry you havent been feeling well. Hope you and your family is feeling better soon. Ive had sick kiddos too... no fun! Luckily the only sign of sniffles for me has been seasonal allergies that go away with OTC meds.

Renayeb- Keep up the great work! 2.2 pounds is awesome!

Zano- Holy moly dude!! 3 pounds is awesome!! GREAT JOB!!! All that hard work this week has paid off great for you!!

Well, I wasnt so lucky to see the scale not budge. It went up 1/2 a pound. I sorta expected it, but wishful thinking kept me from thinking it would happen! :bigsmile: :ohwell: Next week when all this water weight comes off I 'll be down that then some. I can tell its all just floating around on my tummy waiting for AF to show up.

Losingit4Good- SW 229.4/CW 230 /Weeks gain .6
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    nitag - SW 220 - CW 206 - GW 155 - WEEK'S LOSS 1
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Yay nitag!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    :drinker: :happy: Great job Nitag!!!
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I am proud that I joined the woggers this week. I am proud the treadmill goes a little faster than when I started. Lost my goal of 2 lbs this week. 6 more to go to reach my mini goal! :drinker:

Question: Does anyone else get a sore lower back when using the elliptical? Lately I get off with "tired" back muscles. Love how it works the legs though.

healthymom2009 - SW 208/CW 196/GW 150/week's loss 2
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    :angry: :grumble: :grumble: Just checked in to update my ticker with the 1/2 pound gain and it added a pound back....:sad:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    :angry: :grumble: :grumble: Just checked in to update my ticker with the 1/2 pound gain and it added a pound back....:sad:

Yeah, the ticker just rounds off. It's a liar, don't listen to it! :angry:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I am proud that I joined the woggers this week. I am proud the treadmill goes a little faster than when I started. Lost my goal of 2 lbs this week. 6 more to go to reach my mini goal! :drinker:

Question: Does anyone else get a sore lower back when using the elliptical? Lately I get off with "tired" back muscles. Love how it works the legs though.

Yay for you! 2 pounds is awesome!

I have not had a problem with my back, usually my back has the worst problems from the spinning bike from leaning forward for an extended period of time. How is your posture when you are on the elliptical?
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

In the beginning mine was a bit stiff. I found that warming up for about 5-10 minutes on the treadmill helps a little. Check your posture to make sure your not leaning forward or back too much and also make sure you do some stretching for your back when your done. Ive had a bad lower back for about 12 years so I have to stretch it almost daily so I dont get stiff. Especially when I wog, use the elliptical or work my abdominals. Here are a few back stretches that help that were recommended to me by my physical therapist:

Lay on your back on the floor. Bend one leg at the knee and hug the opposite knee to your chest. Hold 10-20 seconds. Switch legs and repeat, straigten legs then hug both knees to your chest. I do this first thing in the morning almost every day, but especially when Im sore.

Lay on back with a towel rolled up under your lumbar area for about 5 minutes. This works for necks too when they are stiff. Again, almost every day.

Lay on back on floor and bend knees like your gonna do a situp. Let knees drop to either side trying to keep your shoulders on the floor. Hold 10-20 seconds, raise legs and repeat on other side.

Only stretch as far as your body can comfortably go. In other words, it shouldnt hurt but you should feel a stretch. If its painful your going too far.

Congrats on your 2# loss!!! Go woggers!!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hurray, I finally dropped the 3 pounds I'd gained back since Feb 4th! Whoo-hoo! And then 1 pound more! I'm so excited!!!

adopt4 - SW 273/CW 261/GW 191/week's loss 2
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I also have a monster UTI (they just pop up on me, no symptoms until it's BAD) so I imagine I will be retaining water! So good thing the weigh in is today because I think the next few days it will go up until the antibiotics run their course (let's hope my dr can get me in).

One thing about this forum - I don't have to call and wake up li4t if she's already posted on here (LOL) so that she'll make it to the gym with me!!!

I've also noticed this week that it feels like my 5.5 yr old has lost 10 pounds... when I lift him up, he seems like he weighs nothing... so I've definitely gotten stronger over the past few weeks! Can't really lift my other 5 yr old yet, he weighs 50+ (my 5.5 yr old weighs around 33).

I screwed up several times this week not logging stuff and forgetting.. but I am happy to report I never once ate something "bad for me"... even though I went over, it was on veggies and fruit or yogurt... chocolate has not passed my lips this week! Even drove by the Krispy Kreme store yesterday and had no desire to stop!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Hurray, I finally dropped the 3 pounds I'd gained back since Feb 4th! Whoo-hoo! And then 1 pound more! I'm so excited!!!

Woot Woot!!! See told ya not to sweat yesterday!! Great job girlie!! See ya in an hour at the gym :laugh:

PS. My body clock went off at 7am today so Ive been up for a bit now, got me some coffee and oatmeal in and dinner going in the crockpot already!! woohoo!