THE Team - Week 3 - 2/20/09

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    gnite, cmr. :yawn:

I didn't think anyone was up or here........:happy: I don't really go to bed till 2 AM.....
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Look whos talkin! I still can't get over you losing weight on the top of your big toe, but not on your tummy :laugh:

You girls keeping secrets from me? What kind of specialized exercises do I have to learn to lose weight on my big toe??:huh:

Yeah I'll tell you my big toe fat losing secret if you tell me why the damn STOMACH FAT ain't going away!! LOL
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Look whos talkin! I still can't get over you losing weight on the top of your big toe, but not on your tummy :laugh:

You girls keeping secrets from me? What kind of specialized exercises do I have to learn to lose weight on my big toe??:huh:

Yeah I'll tell you my big toe fat losing secret if you tell me why the damn STOMACH FAT ain't going away!! LOL

Well, interestng that you should ask. In the last couple days I started wogging. Cuz I said I would, and now I kinda hafta. But I like it - and I happened to come across three different posts on MFP (but don't know where, sorry) from members saying that running was the only thing that finally budged their stubborn belly fat. Which is all I really have left to lose.....first place I gain, last place I lose. :grumble:

I was SOOOoooooooooo excited that the Universe was so prompt to validate my new endeavor. I really need instant gratification, I never really grew up. So there it was!! TA-DA!!:flowerforyou:
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have recommendations for meal replacements? (like slimfast etc) I'm looking for something with all the nutrients I need, that tastes good, and is easy access.
    My weekends are still giving me trouble so I am considering "no-brainer" foods to get me thru friday night, sat and sunday without over eating.
    I was thinking to myself the other day that they need to invent Human Food, ya know like Dog Food. Hear me out lol! It would be 100% of everything you need and nothing you dont. It would be perfect for dieting. You wouldn't have to think about what you're going to eat, you already know you're having Human Food for the next week. But here's the high point (at least for me): it would take the "looking-forward-to-food" aspect out of my life. Some would say that's horrible. But really, for someone with food issues on a diet, that would be the most liberating thing in the world, to finally disconnect food and enjoyment.
    Maybe a little extreme... but I'd buy Human Food.
    andersonchristineneg, lol..human food?, anyway I use slim fast cuz its very easy. I follow the plan while at work 2 shakes, 2 fruits, and 1 serving popcorn with a reasonable dinner. I use slimfast for convienence (sp?), its a no brainer to prepare and it has portion control. In addition, I went to WebMD and the product was rated well for it portion control. Last, adopt4 has a great routine, planning is the key. I fix my lunches and snacks the night before.
    get_fit, I'll keep you informed about the Yoga at home, goal #2 is Bikram Yoga (temp in the studio is above 98) so it should be fun.
    CM, no worries about recognition, its cool, I'm surrounded with women at work, our (mfp) environment is a lot saner , and quieter than the cat fights and drama I try to avoid at work.....everyone have a great day..Zano
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Happy Mardi Gras everyone!!! Skipping parades today and going to walk the St. Tammany Trace - beautiful walking trail - with my dh who is off work today. You guys and gals have a great day! ttyl
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Adopt4, you said, "Yeah I'll tell you my big toe fat losing secret if you tell me why the damn STOMACH FAT ain't going away!! LOL" Which again made me laugh right out loud. :laugh: My understanding is that if the goal is to reshape or sculpt the old body, then maybe you should bump up the strength building stuff you are doing. Time to dust off the old abdominizer! :laugh:

So, now, I am ready for the big toe weight loss secrets. :happy:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey, cmr, interesting new pic. What's up? I kind of miss the proud happy gal with glasses!:glasses:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Afternoon...people...? (trying not be general:tongue: )

Ohh I am excited, first work out since the surgery (got lazy on the weekend), and I lost almost 3 pounds!! I guess from eating healthier:smile: and today is the 2nd day I wore one of my old pair of jeans yay....
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey yall!!

Stillkristi- congrats on your amazing 11lb loss in 1 week! That is incredible!!!! Keep up the awesome work girl, whatever your doing is obviously working out fine for you!

Adopt4- I thought your feet looked smaller today.:wink: ..haha!! Thats hilarious! No seriously... I am very proud of you for getting on that elliptical!! Just keep doin what your doin and before you know it you'll be plugging away on that thing for a 1/2 hour. I could barely make it 8 minutes when I first started... after about 3 weeks of adding a little here and there like you are doing Im up to doing a full 30 minutes + on it. Oh... and I was laughin at you sweatin, cuz you havent seen me yet when I get done on it. I sweat like a hog on that thing and look like I stepped outta the shower. :noway: dont smell like it tho..lol

CM- you are absolutley right about the wogging and losing belly fat. My tummy has slimmed down quite a bit in the last couple weeks from adding that to my treadmill time. Havent had to drop a size in jeans yet, but I'll get there eventually. Most of my weight is in my hips and belly, so Im excited that the wogging is working on that!! I HATE doing crunches but am starting the 200 situp challenge so I can tone that midsection up that is hanging over my waistband.. LOL

I walked for .86 miles on the treadmill this morning then jogged until I hit 1.66 miles in 25 minutes. I couldnt believe how great I felt too!! I wasnt even really tired or winded at all! Remember last week when I was talkin about how proud I was to have jogged a 1/4 mile? Well.. Ive trippled that distance and can now make it a full 3/4 of a mile!! I think the fact that I ate a HUGE bowl of Rice chex this morning for breakfast really helped. :laugh: Gave me the energy I needed to get through it! Once I was done with that i jumped on the elliptical for 25 minutes. Burned a whopping 530 calories on both machines in 50 minutes! Geesh.. I remember when it took me 90 minutes to burn that much off!! So I am psyched that I can do it in less time!!

I am definitely struggling to drink all of my water. i know its good for me and that I need to get it in somehow but i just keep forgetting to do it!! I went all day Sunday without it.. completely FORGOT, which lemme tell ya is pretty dang frustrating since I was doing so good and drinking 3L a day. Today Ive drank 1L (4- 8oz cups) and will be chugging more once Im done posting here. It doesnt matter what I put into it... I just have a hard time drinking anything these days except chocolate milk.. LOL
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :embarassed: I'll never mention the "Morning Ladies" again.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hi, Kristi!

I'm not big on having my face up on the av. I change the picture a lot.

Now - I'm off to ZUMBA!! Yay! :heart:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Been MIA due to out of state guests for many many days. Messed me all up. I'm back in action so watch out:tongue:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I have been out of the loop today - first couple days back to work after a break and the server being down all morning. Now I am getting ready for the banquet for high school basketball tonight. Hope everyone is doing well and I will check back in when my schedule calms down! :smile:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Does anyone have recommendations for meal replacements? (like slimfast etc) I'm looking for something with all the nutrients I need, that tastes good, and is easy access.
    My weekends are still giving me trouble so I am considering "no-brainer" foods to get me thru friday night, sat and sunday without over eating.
    I was thinking to myself the other day that they need to invent Human Food, ya know like Dog Food. Hear me out lol! It would be 100% of everything you need and nothing you dont. It would be perfect for dieting. You wouldn't have to think about what you're going to eat, you already know you're having Human Food for the next week. But here's the high point (at least for me): it would take the "looking-forward-to-food" aspect out of my life. Some would say that's horrible. But really, for someone with food issues on a diet, that would be the most liberating thing in the world, to finally disconnect food and enjoyment.
    Maybe a little extreme... but I'd buy Human Food.

:laugh: rofl. I'm with ya. I have a protein and sodium restriction which makes it even more darn complicated. I say all the time I just need something premade that I don't have to think about. I use slimfast sometimes for breakfast and lunch. I have to be careful though because it doesn't allow much in the protein area for me at dinner.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Get_fit! :flowerforyou:

prayerfulmom! :love:

Where are the other 30+ people who loved us and now are MIA?? :sad:

Do I need to post their names on an "All-points-bulletin" thread??:huh:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options

I double dog dare ya
  • cmriverside
    Options
    ............and one more thing.

I made all these stinkin promises. I'm really attached to keeping my word, and I'm hard on myself when I don't do something I told someone I'd do.

This month I said I would

1. Not have any alcohol. So far so good.
    2. No bakery treats. My friend made Valentine cookies. I caved. So I have to do THAT one again NEXT month until I get it right. Bakery goodies are my big weakness.
    3. Log all my food. Done.
    4. Drink my water. Done.
    5. Start Wogging. I started the next day after I "signed on" to the wogging. I am new, so 3-4 days a week right now. Two days of ZUMBA and 5 days of the 100-pushup-challenge. So far so good. Started those last week.

I wasn't doing any exercise on a regular basis. It was hard to start again, but I feel TERRIFIC. Thanks to all of you for keeping me motivated and laughing. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options

I double dog dare ya

3D_emoticon_S413.gif3D_emoticon_S413.gif

YA THINK????
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Chanty - Hooraaaay for you being all active and exercising - and especially hooray for fitting in some old jeans! How great that must feel!:drinker:

Losingit - good grief girlfriend! :noway: You are an exercising fiend!! That is so awesome! I am feeling very inadequate – which oddly, really motivates me!! Thanks! Also, have you thought about getting a water tote? It’s just a thing the bottle fits in with a long strap so you can wear it around your neck or over your shoulder like a purse - the water is with you at all times, and you are motived to drink if for no other reason than to get the weight out of the bottle... a thought.:happy:

Prayerfulmom - Missed you!! Hope you enjoyed your company.:flowerforyou:

CM - like your Mardi Gras masks! Hey, did you ever get the chocolate pearls? Double yay for you meeting so many goals this month! AND for feeling great from your exercising!:bigsmile:

Getfit - this is my first year in nearly 20 years that I do not have a school function to attend - it is the strangest thing ever - I keep checking the calendar ‘cuz I just know I’m missing something!! Enjoy the banquet! What fun! I looooove teenagery functions - they just make you all gushy proud inside!:blushing:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Losingit - good grief girlfriend! You are an exercising fiend!! That is so awesome! I am feeling very inadequate – which oddly, really motivates me!! Thanks! Also, have you thought about getting a water tote? It’s just a thing the bottle fits in with a long strap so you can wear it around your neck or over your shoulder like a purse - the water is with you at all times, and you are motived to drink if for no other reason than to get the weight out of the bottle... a thought.

Li4g

http://www.camelbak.com/index.cfm

Click "Sports-Recreation"
    Click "Hydration Packs"
    I like the "Women's Fit" ones on the drop-down menu