THE Team - Week 3 - 2/20/09

Options

Replies

• zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Team, well goal #1 was met last week ,woohoo, so I've incorporated Yoga exercises after my wog in anticipation of reaching goal #2 in 4 to 5 weeks. My fitness test is in April so I've upped my run to 3/4 mi (its 1.5 mi in 15 min is the wogger challenge with Li4g) , I'm also increasing my running length by 1/4 mi each week till I hit 1.5 mi. Really love the interaction of our team, a lot of inspirational dialogue...keep it going, you guys rock...Zano
  • chantybear
    Options
    Morning ladies, how is everyone today?
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Team, well goal #1 was met last week ,woohoo, so I've incorporated Yoga exercises after my wog in anticipation of reaching goal #2 in 4 to 5 weeks. My fitness test is in April so I've upped my run to 3/4 mi (its 1.5 mi in 15 min is the wogger challenge with Li4g) , I'm also increasing my running length by 1/4 mi each week till I hit 1.5 mi. Really love the interaction of our team, a lot of inspirational dialogue...keep it going, you guys rock...Zano

Ok, you have to let me know how the addition of yoga makes you feel. I need to start incorporating it into my week.

Back to work this week, so I will check in tonight. Gotta go make myself presentable. Have a great day, all!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.. I got in a full 90 mins of exercise this morning.. Woo Hoo... Very happy about that.. My pants this morning are huge.. Thinking I have to go down a size soon... The leg area and belly area are so baggy as well as the but.. The waist is looseing up.. Can't wait to go shopping ... :wink:

Baby Kole is doing well. They will xray his lung in 2 weeks to see how it is. I saw some video of him and he looks so good.. So pink... Hopefully I can keep posting positive updates on him.. He is a fighter..

Hope everyone has a great day... Stay strong and focused.

Anita
  • andersonchristineg
    Options
    Does anyone have recommendations for meal replacements? (like slimfast etc) I'm looking for something with all the nutrients I need, that tastes good, and is easy access.
    My weekends are still giving me trouble so I am considering "no-brainer" foods to get me thru friday night, sat and sunday without over eating.
    I was thinking to myself the other day that they need to invent Human Food, ya know like Dog Food. Hear me out lol! It would be 100% of everything you need and nothing you dont. It would be perfect for dieting. You wouldn't have to think about what you're going to eat, you already know you're having Human Food for the next week. But here's the high point (at least for me): it would take the "looking-forward-to-food" aspect out of my life. Some would say that's horrible. But really, for someone with food issues on a diet, that would be the most liberating thing in the world, to finally disconnect food and enjoyment.
    Maybe a little extreme... but I'd buy Human Food.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, how is everyone today?
    .....zano and morgolis, we tried. She means wellzvprw7.gif

Hi chantybear!

Haven't seen much of you around. Did you find any new houses over the weekend? I used to sell Real Estate here in Washington State. I liked it and miss it sometimes, but my favorite part was looking at houses. The money was "feast or famine". Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Just had to share - I did 7 mins on the elliptical today, and could have done more! To some that doesn't mean much, but for ME it was a HUGE deal! Going to do it for 10 tomorrow! Plus I upped my treadmill speed to 3.2... which for someone with short legs like me, is about as fast as I can walk without jogging! (can't jog, bad knee).

Lost a pound since last weigh in so only .5 to go before Friday! Whoo-hoo!

Met with a trainer yesterday (didn't like him) but he had me doing kickboxing stuff... I lasted for 20 mins (this was after an hour of yoga and an hour on the treadmill at 3.-3.2) and it kicked my butt! But I'm excited that I could even last THAT long! Whoo-hoo!

My pants are all too baggy in the butt and hips... waistline hasn't changed a bit, but the rest of it has! I noticed yesterday that I've lost fat on the top of my feet and my big toe! Now why can't all that belly fat go away! Sheesh!

But I"m excited to see changes and to see all my hard work paying off. You all are a great inspiration and help as well, as there's no way I could do this on my own. Plus I'm learning on all the things to do right which is a big help too.
  • adopt4
    Options
    Does anyone have recommendations for meal replacements? (like slimfast etc) I'm looking for something with all the nutrients I need, that tastes good, and is easy access.
    My weekends are still giving me trouble so I am considering "no-brainer" foods to get me thru friday night, sat and sunday without over eating.
    I was thinking to myself the other day that they need to invent Human Food, ya know like Dog Food. Hear me out lol! It would be 100% of everything you need and nothing you dont. It would be perfect for dieting. You wouldn't have to think about what you're going to eat, you already know you're having Human Food for the next week. But here's the high point (at least for me): it would take the "looking-forward-to-food" aspect out of my life. Some would say that's horrible. But really, for someone with food issues on a diet, that would be the most liberating thing in the world, to finally disconnect food and enjoyment.
    Maybe a little extreme... but I'd buy Human Food.

I make stuff in advance, for example, the breakfast muffin with egg beaters, turkey bacon... stick in the fridge and heat it up when I need a fast meal, so I don't eat the wrong things. I do that with wraps too, there's a tuna coleslaw recipe on here (need to eat it within a few days of making it), or a wrap with lunch meat, fat free cheese, and a little bit of cream cheese. These are the things I do that help me with lunches during the week. By the time I get home from the gym and make lunch for the boys, then I'm starving and need something fast.

I also buy pre-prepared things, like boca chicken burger, something else I can zap and not go over my calories or whatnot.

I would be very careful with meal-replacement shakes... there's nothing wrong with something like a protein shake, but the meal replacement ones can mess you up worse.
  • chantybear
    Options
    Christine - I was addicted to these protein bars before, they are nature's path peanut butter bars. They are sooo good! Add a fruit or something, and I bet it would be a good lunch.

Cm - Okay sorry, the majority of us are women...habit!! We went and did a day trip to a city about an hour away on Saturday, and did a bit of shopping.:smile: No we are going to wait to see if the market will come down any more. I wanted to do that as a kid, but I do not really want to now! Oh I bet looking at the houses would be my favorite too!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone good to check in with you! Today was my first weigh in after a week on the new eating plan. I am SO EXCITED :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :love: :love: I was hoping for about 5 lbs. I know thats a lot in a week, but In need to lose in excess of 250, so its actually pretty easy to lose that first 5 or 10 lbs. I knew I lost weight, because I am feeling so much better, and I can see it (though, not on top of my toes yet :huh: adopt4, you crack me up! :laugh: ). Ok, anyway, after a week....... (drumroll please:happy:) I've lost 11 lbs. Wahoo!

So, here are my numbers, which I have been pretty insecure about posting. And, I am going to finally post my ticker. By the way, adlpt4, GOOD JOB on the eliptical. Last time I got on one, I fell off. Seriously. fell right off.

SW: 461 (02/17/09)
    CW: 450 (02/23/09)
    GW: 195

153005.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    stillkristi - omg - I looooove you!! Falling off the eliptical is soooo something I would do!! Sorry, but I just about spit water all over my laptop when I read that - cracked me up!! Okay, I'll quit laughing and try to be considerate :noway: I hope you weren't hurt!! Next order of business - I am doing such a great happy dance for you right now!!!! Your 1st week is soooo fantastic! Good for you and what a great motivator for the rest of us! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy you!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

adopt4 - I am so proud for you!! What a crazy giant workout you got!! I hate,hate,hate the eliptical:grumble: . It is a really hateful mean machine to me. Did I say I hate the eliptical?!?! I am envious of those who like it - it is such a great work out! Based on what happened to stillkristi though, I'm pretty sure I won't be trying it agian anytime soon:bigsmile: But trust me, 7 minutes is a HUGE deal to me too. Yayyyy for you:drinker:

andersonchristine - during the week, when you make meals, just make up a little extra, freeze or refridgerate for the weekend. I often get too busy to cook on weekends, so I keep the freezer stocked with "leftovers" and it works great for us. I really like the idea of people food - when I travel, my form of people food is organic trail mix (the kind with dried fruit) or I eat some turkey jerkey and fruit. You can do the weekends - you have to make it a priority to plan ahead during the week (consider this your kick in the butt:bigsmile: heehee)
  • stillkristi
    Options
    thanks lulubar, no, I was not hurt, except for my pride. Pretty cushy where ever I fall. :blushing: And thanks for the very warm support. It makes a big difference. :bigsmile:
  • adopt4
    Options
    About the elliptical - apparently there are so many different kinds... li4g showed me the one she uses, and it didn't kill my knee like the others I'd tried... so if you hate it, see if there's other models! OH yeah I was sweating like crazy after a few mins (li4g was laughing at me) but hey, it showers off!

Stillkristi, glad you weren't hurt! That is SO something I would do!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Nice to know there are different models of elipticals. Who knew they bucked? :frown:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Nice to know there are different models of elipticals. Who knew they bucked? :frown:

:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: They buck!!!

I will have to check for different kinds and see if I like it - but right now, I'm a skeptic:tongue:

Okay, this afternoon I was digging around for something to cook for dinner (the stock is sorta low cuz payday's not til Wednesday) - I sliced up some eggplant, dipped it in eggbeater and tapped lightly in some wheat flour, browned in a touch of e.v.o.o., cooked some whole wheat pasta, and had a jar of Newman's Own Marinara - It was the most delicious egg plant parmesian I think I've ever had (without the parmesian though), salad on the side and I'm telling you it put Macaroni Grill to shame! :bigsmile:
  • adopt4
    Options
    Stillkristi, you totally crack me up!

Eggplant parmesan, hmm... think that'll be dinner tomorrow night! I have some leftover from trying to have eggplant on my pizza (not so great) so this will be a good idea!

Here is is, 10:30 at night, and I'm still under calories by 500! Whoo-hoo! I ate over 1500 calories today so I'm not in the danger zone, but hoping that will show up on the scale shortly! I worked out over 100 more calories than I usually do, guess it makes more of a difference than I thought. Or maybe putting all my larger sized clothes in garbage bags to give away and pulling out the stuff I haven't fit into in a long time made me not hungry today... LOL
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hi, guys.

Boy are we all on different schedules!

stillkristi and adopt4 careful on that ellliptical! First time I was on one, I was like, "How do you make it go?" I love ellipticals, but they definitely take some practice, especially if you are new to exercise. They are all about balance and that takes some walking and strength training to develope.

stillkristiWoohoo-Dance.gif a big ole WOOT for your 11 lb loss. Keep doing what you are doing!

adopt4, cool that your clothes are getting loose. Since I don't own a scale, that is my guage for progress.

Christine, I am with you. The whole food prep thing just does nothing for me. Now that I know what variety of food I need, it is even more complicated. I'd be happy to eat the same thing every day (and often do). I think that's what you mean by "human food".

I went to see "Slumdog Millionaire" today and took the day off from exercise (except the 100-pushups challenge.)

:yawn: nite all.
    Look whos talkin! I still can't get over you losing weight on the top of your big toe, but not on your tummy :laugh:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    gnite, cmr. :yawn:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Look whos talkin! I still can't get over you losing weight on the top of your big toe, but not on your tummy :laugh:

You girls keeping secrets from me? What kind of specialized exercises do I have to learn to lose weight on my big toe??:huh: