Repost: Because I got ZERO response the last time.

Options
2469 calories remaining today after my workout and 420 cal breakfast ( which I'm eating just cause I have to because I'm not even hungry) and thats just after my morning workout! seriously how can I eat all these calories in a healthy way?! Without going over my nutrients (cholesterol, sodium, fat, sugars)? (fyi: My breakfast was a 20 oz pineapple pleasure w/ diet down smoothie skinny from smoothie king and 1/2 cup of granola.)
Update:
At the end of yesterday I had 1927 cal remaining with a net of -427. There was no way I could eat 1927 MORE calories! I dont get how someone who is trying to lose weight is supposed to consume such an astronomical amount of calories.

Replies

• MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    make your food diary public and you may get more responses. We cant help you by looking at just the numbers
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Try setting your weight loss goal to be more aggressive and you'll be told to have less. How many calories was your workout? That sounds like a lot of calories.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    You don't need that much. Eat your bmr or approx. 1800 cals a day. Have a weekly spike day of 3500 and you will lose.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Try setting your weight loss goal to be more aggressive and you'll be told to have less. How many calories was your workout? That sounds like a lot of calories.

This. Are you using an HRM or something? Are you sure your calories burned is correct?
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    1. Are your calorie burns accurate? Are you using a HRM?

2. If you really need to eat that much, it is possible. My food diary is public. I eat higher calorie foods and eat more often throughout the day to get my calories in. Some good options that won’t make you too full: bananas, nuts and seeds, nut butters, avocados, full-fat dairy products, protein shakes.
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you eat too far below your maintenance levels, you will go into starvation mode and your body will hold onto all the calories and store it as fat. You've got to let your body know that there is enough food, and that you aren't at risk of dying from starvation. It's an evolutionary advantage. Our "modern" existence is a small portion of our whole evolution, and so our bodies are still hard-wired to deal with the threat of starvation by holding onto calories.

Basic take-away... don't ever eat below your BMR. Also, if you have questions about what you're eating, make your diary public so people can see what you are eating and where you are going wrong.

As for eating the calories in a healthy way- fats are fine, so long as they are "good" fats like nuts, olive oil, etc.
    If you have to force yourself to eat nutrient rich, calorie dense foods, try this: http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/nutritional-target-map-search

That website also has other search tools so you can look for foods high in ___ (whatever nutrient you need).

Good luck!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Hello.. I will try to help.

First of all,,, how is your activity level set for? set it lower (less active) so that you have less calores but then,

How much are you exercising? eating nearly 2,500 calores a day is too much. Let me guess,, PX90? My daughter and I got into an arguement about calores intake,, she claimed that the PX90 "requires" you to eat 3,000 a day! I was floored! After several weeks,, she wasn't losing as she hoped so she lowered the intake and it's working for her now.

Go review your setting,, something sounds off to me. I hope you find the solution.
  • Spearo
    Spearo Posts: 47
    Options
    2469 calories remaining today after my workout and 420 cal breakfast

What?

I have to run 20km to be able to eat that much!
    Something's not right here. Crunch the numbers.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    *bump!*
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know what kind of exercise you're doing that you're burning that many calories! That seems like an awful lot. Are you sure it's accurate? Are you using a heart-rate monitor? I don't know ANYBODY that burns that many calories in a day unless they are exercising ALL DAY LONG.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    this reminds me of a guy that accidently had his profile set to GAIN 2lbs a week. do you have that problem?

are you even reading these posts?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Exercise less
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    2469 calories remaining today after my workout and 420 cal breakfast

What?

I have to run 20km to be able to eat that much!
    Something's not right here. Crunch the numbers.

It's because you're not running in a built in fat suit. I don't know about OP, but I burn a huge amount of calories in a very short time, both according to this site and according to my HRM. Usually I eat most of mine back, though. I didn't get this fat by having no appetite!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, don't worry about it.
  • lisabert
    lisabert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nutritionist but I think you're overloading on sugar in the morning, which makes you hungrier the rest of the day. Smoothies are loaded with sugar and so is granola. Check the label - the amount of protein per serving should be more than the sugars per serving. Or, skip the granola and just eat a handful (count them - 17) of almonds. Also try eating something really light, maybe half a cup of plain yogurt, before you work out. That will fuel your workout and it will also keep you from eating too much at your "real" breakfast. Hope that helps.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, don't worry about it.
    If she is netting a negative calorie intake for the day, she BETTER worry about it.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nutritionist but I think you're overloading on sugar in the morning, which makes you hungrier the rest of the day. Smoothies are loaded with sugar and so is granola. Check the label - the amount of protein per serving should be more than the sugars per serving. Or, skip the granola and just eat a handful (count them - 17) of almonds. Also try eating something really light, maybe half a cup of plain yogurt, before you work out. That will fuel your workout and it will also keep you from eating too much at your "real" breakfast. Hope that helps.

:huh:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Did you read her post at all?

She's asking for ways to eat more not "lighten up" her meals.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    make your food diary public and you may get more responses. We cant help you by looking at just the numbers

This, I have no words of wisdom because I don't know what you're eating or what your goals are, this is probably the reason you've received no assistance.