Repost: Because I got ZERO response the last time.

Options

Replies

• deannarey13
    Options
    Hello??? Are you reading your responses?

People need more information to help you.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 2800 calories to gain muscle so I know it's hard to eat a lot sometimes. Drink lots of milk. Get some Litehouse full fat salad dressing. It's made with canola oil. 2 servings of salad = 320 calories! Red meat, eggs, full fat cheese, higher fat dairy. I put whole milk in my protien shakes sometimes.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding that when you are obese, you don't really need to eat back your exercise calories because you already have those calories available to you in abundance in the form of bodyfat.

I eat a portion of my exercise calories if I am truly hungry but if I'm not hungry I don't.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I'm wagering that you overestimated your calorie burn from exercise.

Can you detail your exercise? What did you do and for how long?
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was going to guess that maybe you're overestimating exercise or you've got the wrong activity factor set. I made that mistake when I first joined.

I had myself set to active since I work out all the time and then I was also counting the exercise. It's one or the other unfortunately - so I was double counting.
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm wagering that you overestimated your calorie burn from exercise.

Can you detail your exercise? What did you do and for how long?

I agree. This can really sabotoge your weight loss.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Spearo
    Spearo Posts: 47
    Options
    2469 calories remaining today after my workout and 420 cal breakfast

What?

I have to run 20km to be able to eat that much!
    Something's not right here. Crunch the numbers.

It's because you're not running in a built in fat suit. I don't know about OP, but I burn a huge amount of calories in a very short time, both according to this site and according to my HRM. Usually I eat most of mine back, though. I didn't get this fat by having no appetite!

Fair enough.

Seems incredibly high for someone wanting to lose weight, unless burning 1700+ cal/day.

Cheers and stay on track :)
    E.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    also suggest checking the calories burned. If you're not using a HRM you're probably overestimating then.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Really that requirement is not all that high depending on her weight. MFP gives me 1800 cals a day, if I burn 1000 (normally closer to 1500 on gym days), I then have 2800 cals a day to eat. If she's only eaten breakfast at less than 500 cals, she would still have over 2300 left for the day. The question really is what should she be eating the REST of the day to get as close to goal as possible. Although that question is moot if she's not even here checking for the responses.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Although that question is moot if she's not even here checking for the responses.
    I know, right? Ah, the irony. :laugh:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    don't worry about eating your calories back. just eat what's required of you and you'll be fine.
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Would someone please tell me how to find out what my BMR calories are?! Maybe this could solve so many problems.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Click the TOOLS button up "there"
  • rachelboddy
    Options
    Oh dear. If the BMR said I should be eating 1692 calories, and I'm averaging around 1400 calories, is that really something that is stopping my weight loss and could possibly account for some of the reason as to why I've actually gained a pant size and 15lbs in 6 months? Advise me. I was doing what my trainer told me.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i would eat your BMR!!! i do and i've lost 50 pounds.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    2469 calories remaining today after my workout and 420 cal breakfast ( which I'm eating just cause I have to because I'm not even hungry) and thats just after my morning workout! seriously how can I eat all these calories in a healthy way?! Without going over my nutrients (cholesterol, sodium, fat, sugars)? (fyi: My breakfast was a 20 oz pineapple pleasure w/ diet down smoothie skinny from smoothie king and 1/2 cup of granola.)
    Update:
    At the end of yesterday I had 1927 cal remaining with a net of -427. There was no way I could eat 1927 MORE calories! I dont get how someone who is trying to lose weight is supposed to consume such an astronomical amount of calories.

Honey, Don't force yourself to eat if you are NOT hungry. That is just as unhealthy as not eating when you are hungry.

Just listen to your body. Eat when hungry, drink when thirsty.

Being healthy is not about eating a certain amount of calories. Think QUALITY over QUANTITY!!! Like when you look at Diamonds.

If you are eating nutrient dense foods, then don't worry about the calories.
  • Aprillsmith
    Options
    make your food diary public and you may get more responses. We cant help you by looking at just the numbers
    duh that never dawned on me! I'll do that now. Thanks
  • rachelboddy
    Options
    Goodness! I'm glad I found this post! Thanks. And Aprilsmith, good luck to you! I hope you find the answers you need.
  • rachelboddy
    Options
    Question, how come when I do my weight loss goals it drops my calorie intake to 1200 calories? Can anyone explain this to me? Of course, if I exercise, the intake increases, but what is that all about? I really would like to lose at least 1lb a week. And according to MFP that means eating 1200 calories. Should I ignore that and eat my 1600 calories?? So confusing.