Super Powers

Options

Replies

• jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I used to be invisible, but I decided to give that up!

Good one!!
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    Picking the slowest check-out line...

Brother, you are not alone!!
  • jenijen25
    jenijen25 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    being amazing lol :) x
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    I have crazy dreams, I can get pretty detailed reads on people quickly, and I'm slightly above average at everything I try.

"slightly above average" - that seems humble and confident all at the same time...nice way to phrase!!!
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Super cynicism! And the disintegration of fleshy organic creatures!
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    Call me the "Human Seismograph". On occasion, and when I'm really not focused on anything else, I can sense oncoming powerful earthquakes of 6.2 magnitude or higher 24 hours or less before they happen.

How do you feel about cats?? Crazy question, I know...but I just read that cats may be able to sense earthquakes due to the sensitivity in their paws.

Ohhhh---I can definitely sense cats. Especially at night, when they decide to jump onto my chest while I sleep.

:wink:

I asked how you feel to see if you like cats (I'm guessing you do, since you own them)....I was wondering because I really like your profile picture and I can just see you/your outfit morphed into this really cool cat-like super hero...with whiskers that tingle /twitch when you detect the beginnings of those earthquakes.
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    Hmmm... Chronic Migraines. Super senses?

Maybe like Prof X from the X-men. You hear everyone's thoughts - but they are all jumbled and the collective stupidity gives you migraines...

O.O Well, I do hear voices on occasion. XD

Oh wow- you may be physic!!!!
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    being amazing lol :) x

OH I like that one!!!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    My olfactory nerves are one. I can smell the most subtle scents/smells. I can tell people what laundry detergent they use, as well as soap/body wash.

Also, I have not had a cough/sore throat/fever/ illness in 25+ years. I was asked to donate blood because my blood has properties that bolster other people's immune system.
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    Super cynicism! And the disintegration of fleshy organic creatures!

Good, there is not enough cynicism in the world!!! XD Not sure what to say to the next part, so I'll ask how do you disintegrate fleshy organic creatures?
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Those are all pretty amazing superpowers ????

My superpower takes guts, ambition, extreme tolerance for midgets, and stamina!

I teach 1st graders, THAT'S my superpower!
  • cgphelps24
    cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i can make food disappear

Hey me too!!
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    My olfactory nerves are one. I can smell the most subtle scents/smells. I can tell people what laundry detergent they use, as well as soap/body wash.

Also, I have not had a cough/sore throat/fever/ illness in 25+ years. I was asked to donate blood because my blood has properties that bolster other people's immune system.

Those are both awesome super powers...I wonder if they are somehow tied together? I hope you do donate blood. It really does save lives!!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My power is "super-rationalization". I can rationalize anything; convince myself (an often others) to do whatever we want even when common sense says we shouldn't.
  • jljshoe1979
    Options

:laugh: That is a superpower!!! We're going to foster babies (no ages older than I can put in a playpen and aren't potty training - is that horrible criteria??? The actual reason is that around here newborns cannot be placed in daycare, and I stay at home, so it seems like a good fit)... Plus, I don't think I could keep up with any child older, especially the K-2 ages...kudos to you for doing!!!!
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    i can make food disappear

Hey me too!!

That's one of the reasons I'm on MFP ;-)
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    My power is "super-rationalization". I can rationalize anything; convince myself (an often others) to do whatever we want even when common sense says we shouldn't.

Your powers must be working right now...I really need to go and do my walk/run, but I have rationalized sitting here responding to MFP comments.... :tongue:
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Motivation....Well, I mean, the shield I carry with me doesn't hurt things either.
  • cgphelps24
    cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

:laugh: That is a superpower!!! We're going to foster babies (no ages older than I can put in a playpen and aren't potty training - is that horrible criteria??? The actual reason is that around here newborns cannot be placed in daycare, and I stay at home, so it seems like a good fit)... Plus, I don't think I could keep up with any child older, especially the K-2 ages...kudos to you for doing!!!!

Good for you!! I got custody of 3 of my grandchildren 4 months ago and the youngest is now 9 months old. It was difficult finding daycare for her with people I trusted to take care of her.
    Babies need all the good loving they can get.

Kudos to you!!
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Yes Ma'am. As you wish. Feeling Obedient.