What's your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1". My goal right now is 130, but i am guessing that ideally, for me to be fit, toned, and strong, it would be 120-130. Hard to say, i havent seen below 130 since high school, and even then, I wasnt a strong and fit as i hope to eventually be!!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I started at 214lbs. I am currently 147.6lbs and my goal is 134lbs. Once I'm there I want to stay there for a while and see how I like it or see if I want to go down a little bit more. I don't want to loose too much curve but since my stomach and love handles are the last to lose inches and I'm most unhappy with them right now I figured to play it by ear.
  • jujuevins
    Options
    I'm 5'6". I started at 154lbs and my first goal was 144lbs--which is where I'm at right now. But I feel like 2lb more will be the ideal weight for me. I feel so much better--it's easier to exercise, my clothes fit better than they have in years. So grateful to have such a great tool like MFP.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I am actually at my goal weight! It was around 120-125, I am 121 right now. I don't want to get any smaller really. I started about 25 pounds heavier this time, but before that I was at 160.
  • csingleton92
    Options
    im 5'5/5'6 I started at 191 and my goal weight is around 130. It might seem unrealistic but i would love to be skinny again! I am curvy and have never been a fan of it! i wouldnt mind to lose my curves!
  • cameralinds
    Options
    I'm between 5' and 5'1", my goal would be to be around 118-120. I'm currently at 134 right now.

Anyone with similar goals feel free to send a request. :)
  • 125lbs! But if I end up being 130 & ripped, I'll be okay with that too. My main goal is to gain alot of muscle & get down to about 10-15% body fat. The scale isn't as important to me.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    5'8' (female) 42 yrs old.

Started about 180 lbs - I originally thought it would be 135 but I just hit 140lbs and I'm done. I look great at this weigh - I'm lean and my muscles are defined.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Based on my frame size and height my ideal weight is between 114-127. I think I'm 126 right now (though I may be as high as 132, depending on the accuracy of scales). I for sure want to get to 120, and I'll go for 115 if I still feel I want to lose a little more. I'm also have about 25% body fat right now, and I'd like to get that down to 20%, maybe 18%. I'm trying to get the weight off before I work on toning too much though.
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my ideal weight is between 140-145. I am there (towards the high end though) and very happy with the way I look. Still have some curves but less "jiggle"!
  • MandyJaneRose
    MandyJaneRose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those unfortunate body types that refuses to be "curvy" at all. I don't think I look "boyish" - I definitely have hips and a defined waist - but at my starting weight of 120, all that was in my belly. I'm mostly trying to teach myself healthy eating and exercise habits, but right now at 109, I think my ideal weight is just over 100lbs. I'm 5'5".
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my ideal weight is 145-155. I want to be more muscular and toned than curvy I think . Really, I'll always be curvy because of my wide hips.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I am not sure?

At my last trip to the Doctor he calculated that I need to be at 175 - 180 lbs based upon my target BMI.

I, however, think that something in the range of 180 - 185 is more reasonable given my body type. (Big shoulders & chest along with big legs)

I am 5' 10" , currently 196 lbs down from 272 at my heaviest.

My next visit to the Doctor will be in January. I am sure that we will discuss further then.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I want to end up at whatever weight will make me a size 12. I started at 228 and a size 20. I now weigh 176 and am a size 16. I had hoped for 160 but now I'm thinking I may need to aim for closer to 145 or so.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10'' and am thinking about 175-180, that's where i was in my "prime" fitness in high school when i was swimming and or playing water polo year round. right now i am trying to get back to 200 (where i was freshman yr of college) and i will re-evaluate from there
    i am looking more for me to be comfortable with my body, and be strong
  • alucca
    alucca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and am looking to be at 160. Any time I've weight less than that ppl always asked me if I was sick. I'm on track to get there again :laugh:
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    i am 5'6 and my idea weight would probably be around 120-125. I am 155 right now.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and stayed between 115 and 125, usually closest to 118 or 120 from the time I graduated high school until I was around 29 yrs old. So, 118 for me is the magic number, I'd say. Right now I'm at 128 and really itching to drop these 10 lbs. It makes a big difference on my petite frame. I have a nice shapely *kitten* but smaller (perky tits) that look pretty good around 120. I like my legs and *kitten* best at 120 but I've enjoyed my tits at 130 most... guess it doesn't make that much difference.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    im 6'1, and i want to be 200 pounds, but with 15 pounds more muscle than i have now.. im 189 now, trying to get to 185 first.. lol
  • ljholmann
    Options
    I am 5'1ish and I currently weigh 122 lbs, my goal is 105. I am small frame. I don't think that my curves are going anywhere. When I was at my heaviest & my lightest weights, I still had lots of curves.