I swear it is sabotage!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    So this is a joke post? If so then I take back my congratulations... but I leave you this flower. :flowerforyou:
  • TXchris
    TXchris Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know it feels like sabotage, but odds are it was oblivion rather than outright sabotage. :-)

I have done really well despite being surrounded by food this week. Everytime I am tempted, I pull out my handy dandy phone app and look it up. I then decide if I want to "buy" the treat by "earning" more calories through exercise. If so, I go for it. I "bought" myself a dark chocolate dove bar today. At 190 calories, it equates to a 30 minute brisk walk or 15 minutes of jogging in the pool (I love this because I have access to an indoor pool at the community center). I figured I was up for that trade... besides it was DOVE chocolate... I can't pass that one altogether. Before MFP though, I would have eaten all 4 candy bars my secret santa left on my desk this morning and then lamented doing it. Now I have a way to put it into perspective and make an informed decision.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I like to give people the benefit of a doubt, and not always assume that they have ulterior motives.
    I strive to adopt this attitude about EVERYTHING. It ultimately makes my life much easier to get along with.

For those of you who find yourself often slighted, think about the freedom you could experience if you simply choose not to believe "they" were jealous or out to get you or being mean or making fun or sabotaging or break-dancing.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I have learned from past experiences, that once I am over the detox stage, I can decide if it is worth the extra couple of miles or not. With me, it is almost like coming off of a drug. I have to go into what is essentially rehab for about 2 to 3 weeks, then I can filter certain things back in. I usually cant handle sweets though. For some reason, after I had my gallbladder removed, anything greasy or with too much sugar and I have horrible abdominal pain and digestive issues. That sometimes helps me make my decision. I just have to do what works for me. And only me. Nobody else is going to have to deal with my diabetes, my shortness of breath, my self loathing, my..... well you get the picture. (at least I hope some of you do) I need support. I do not need ridicule. yes, I barked back. I was being bitten, so I felt the need to defend myself. I apologize if I came off b**chy or "hungry". I am neither of those. I am generally a very upbeat, happy person.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Mmm after all this cupcake talk, I could really go for a salted caramel one.

33vku8h.jpg

:love:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Tell your coworkers if they want to bring you treats they have to bring you free weights and running shoes to go with it so you can burn it off while you work, that'll put a damper on the treat airdrops.
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    Drool. THAT cuppycake looks amazing!!!! I should go eat an apple. :tongue:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I always think that you should lose at least 3 lb just for turning down something yummy!
    YES!! I say this as well. I suppose the long term results from working hard and eating good IS a reward, but when you pass up something you really, really love, I feel like we deserve a more immediate reward!
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of the 3 lb per instance of willpower rule!!!!!! Lets write our congressmen!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    WOW haven't ever seen a thread get so ugly on MFP before. Congrats on your small victory. No one should discount what another counts as a victory.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    It was my husband wasn't it?! He's always doing that $#-t to me too! Bringing me cookies and pecan bars! You just give him a good smack and send him home!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    WOW haven't ever seen a thread get so ugly on MFP before.
    You must not look at many threads then.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    No I haven't been on the threads lately. I guess it must be a new trend on here.
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    Now I REALLY want some comfort food............ or hugs, I would take hugs.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    K...Sending you "Hugs" now.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Congrats on all the weight you have lost and on turning down that cupcake! I definitly have a major lack of resistance towards cake and am proud of you! :flowerforyou: and *hugs*!
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    I also hold issue with eating overly processed foods. I feel like chemicals are not good for you

Not really wanting to start a whole lot. Trust me on this, I know cupcakes and quite frankly, it a little irritating how you continually mention "processed" and "chemicals" in relation to the cupcake. You're making a cupcake sound like it came out of a lab. Cupcakes are fairly simple baked goods. Dude, I make an awesome vegan cupcake, using natural ingredients and all that awesomesauce. No, cupcakes aren't always vegan or considered good for you but man, not all cupcakes deserve a bad name. :/
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    The particular cupcake in question was made at wal mart. I know it's not natural. And the bleached flour is processed. And would have upset my tummy. I would have enjoyed the taste for a few minutes, but regretted it for hours. I would love to try a vegan cupcake! My bfs daughter is vegetarian and leaning toward vegan and I would like to share with her if you don't mind sharing the recipe. No, not all are terrible, but it's almost all that are. And processed foods in general was what I was referring to. Not just sweets. Some of the preservatives in them I am intolerant to and even allergic too. I ate a frozen dinner once a few months ago that had me looking like I had gotten into a fight. I was swollen and red and miserable for two days and it was the only thing new I had been exposed to. Some people do okay with it. I don't.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    The particular cupcake in question was made at wal mart.
    Gah! I didn't know it was a Walmart cupcake. Nastiness. If I'm going to indulge, it won't be a Walmart cupcake.
  • galegetsthin
    Options
    No! If I DO eat a cupcake, it will definitely be one worth the time to make up for it! Homemade or specialty cupcakes.