I swear it is sabotage!!!!!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• mzkynd
    mzkynd Posts: 63
    Options
    Great job :) For the longest time I turned them down too, but I finally got to a point where I could just eat half or a couple bites & throw the rest away (bury it deep...LOL) without feeling guilty or like I was blowing my entire day!

Isn't it a lovely feeling? I just practiced the whole mind over matter, enjoy just a bite and move on this morning. My FIL left out a bag of chocolates. Just sitting there. I couldn't resist them. Took one bite, ew lemon, spit it out. Took a bite of the second one, said oh this is yummy. Then what are you doing? So tossed them. Enjoyed the bite AND didn't eat the whole bag!!

OP : Yay for resisting!!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry that this thread ended up so hostile. I've been here since August and look at a lot of posts. I've never seen one get so personally hostile towards the OP. I hope you stick around. I have some great friends here who have helped me get from 267 to 235. I have a hundred to go and can use all the help I can get. I am sending you a friend request. I'll support you. We won't always agree but I won't be nasty.
    Congratulations on your weight loss. You've done well! I have the same problem that you do. I know that I will never drink pop or eat chips again, because I know that I cannot stop at one serving. I have been able to eat tiny candy bars and stop at one or two and fit them into my daily calorie allowance but I know that some foods are trigger foods for me. I will not eat them. Recently my husband pushed a small unfinished bag of chip toward me at Subway and said I could finish them. My daughters and I just stared at him. I said I haven't had a chip in four months. He was totally surprised even though we eat together all the time. I have said that I don't eat them and here he was without a clue. He was really surprised that I had gone that long and cogratulated me and threw the chips out. Sometimes people, even when they know you are trying to eat healthy can trip you up. Sometimes it's an accident and other times it really is sabotage. Good luck on your journey.
  • fueledbystina
    Options
    My dad does that to me ALL the time!
    It's like he senses I'm on a fast/low calorie day and decides to make all my favorite stuff so I'll mess up :(
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it I know how you feel. My boss found out I was trying to lose some pounds and what does he do. Buy a box of Almond Roca and Pecan Turles and sits em on my DESK offers me one every chance he gets and Almond Roca is my favorite :( Plus he always buys office staff lunch and nothing under 600 calories. SABOTAGE agreed... Throw it away :) it is what I do.. it hurts but ugh..
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Kindness and sabotage. Two sides to everything. Being kind the way she knew how. Obviously others are watching their food intake like you are but it was meant to be an act of kindness and appreciation. I guess a nice note or card could do the same- maybe we all can learn.

I was given a holiday gift last week and told "well, it's not actually something good for you right now so just give it to your kids". I did. It was chocolate and candy. It was given to me to be kind and to show appreciation for our friendship. I get that! And I so appreciate the effort! As I think about it, a note expressing the same would have worked too.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Can I just say I am so confused...my blood sugar must be dropping, time for a cupcake! :flowerforyou: