What is your most embarrassing moment at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    HAHA I though I was the only one who did that!!! While doing burpies with my PT I totally let on rip and we were in the room where they teach classes and there was another trainer with his client in there too! OMG I thought I was gonna die! hahaha :blushing: :laugh:
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Slipped and fell on a naked colleague while exiting the steam room.

THAT is hilarious! I laugh WITH you on this by the way.. :D
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I sort of swam out of my bathing suit in water aerobics... that's when I knew it was time to get a smaller bathing suit (I had only shed about 30 pounds at that time, but it was enough that the bathing suit no longer fit)

Since my all-time most embarrassing moment also has to do will falling out of my clothing, I think I may need to duct tape the girls down for all of eternity so those kinds of things stop happening.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Before I started physical therapy for hip flexor issues, jogging on the treadmill was extremely painful. I was struggling to get through and focused on a rafter... And Almost fell off, in front of the windows and the entire gym.

Aside from that? My trainer was really into cardio training. Let's just say that after the first session of that, I Kegel like None Other!!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I would love to go to a gym but I can't :( If I ever do I think I'll have to be super careful and try to remember some of these stories!!
  • nicoleh82
    Options
    Fell over in a step class. Twisted my ankle (they always do that, i've just gotten used to it) but did not worry about that because I went down hard on my arm. Fractured my wrist. The trainer stopped the class when she saw I was not ok. I just sat there for the rest of the class because i was in so much pain.

Also, had a pair of pants where the middle seam on the back had let go. It was a female only gym, so i just put my back to the wall and did my thing... lol:):laugh:
  • CurlyQTee
    Options
    farted while i was on a cross trainer..

i had head phones on, the volume was loud and kinda thought ahhh it wasnt loud.. and then i decided to turn around to see if anyone was behind me (when i got on no one was there).. well.. 6 treadmills with 6 ppl on them and 3 girls were laughing theyre *kitten* off..

Funny
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I do plyometrics &stretching. People look at me like I'm crazy! Plyo is hard, just try it!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    haha, mine is super embarrassing, but hey...

About five months ago after eating a HUGE lunch of five fajitas, rice, beans AND chips & guacamole from a mexican restaurant.... blah blah I farted while doing a squat.... in front of my trainers face.

:blushing:

:laugh: :noway: :laugh: :noway: :laugh: :noway: :laugh: :noway:

for me, not really that bad, just being the only girl lifting weights in the "boys" area, man that section of the gym stinks, haha
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Well, when I was new to weight lifting, I went upstairs to do my squats. Some d-bag had left his bar with 2 large plates each side (120kg) racked on the highest notch. I am weak and 5'4"... I tried to wiggle the plate off, and when it finally came free I almost dislocated my arm and fell backwards when it dropped. Thankfully, a ripped dude had come upstairs and offered to help me remove them...

Never leave your weights lying around or unracked at the gym!!
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    haha, mine is super embarrassing, but hey...

About five months ago after eating a HUGE lunch of five fajitas, rice, beans AND chips & guacamole from a mexican restaurant.... blah blah I farted while doing a squat.... in front of my trainers face.

:blushing:

hahahhahahahaha omg
  • jaimechiioldi
    jaimechiioldi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One morning at my Jazzercise class we were doing three count chasse's with a one count squat at the end, well during one of the reps I didn't pick my foot up enough because the rubber on my shoe caught with the rubber floor and I fell over sideways really hard. It was a packed class of about 30-35 people and I am pretty sure most saw. It was pretty awful. I just stood up and kept going and tried to pretend like nothing happened.
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    farted while i was on a cross trainer..

i had head phones on, the volume was loud and kinda thought ahhh it wasnt loud.. and then i decided to turn around to see if anyone was behind me (when i got on no one was there).. well.. 6 treadmills with 6 ppl on them and 3 girls were laughing theyre *kitten* off..

LMAO!!!!!!! Oh well, you're only human.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    When I first started going back to the gym over a year ago I tried to use a crunch machine. I was so big I didn't fit in it. Worst of all I wasn't able to get out of it. Of course the only person that was around to help me out was this cute little college girl that MIGHT have weighed 120. Needless to say I changed what time of day I went to the gym for a while!

The good thing is that I can talk about it now. The smaller me uses that machine all the time :)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Loose pants were caught on the exercise bike, which I had situated too high for me. I couldn't get off the bike! Luckily my husband was at the gym with me. I called his name out asking for help (unusual for me at the gym) and he rescued me.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    this is a story i heard from my parter when he was working out at the gym
    he was running on the treadmill at the time

In front of the full length mirror there was a typical steroetype "douchey gym junkie"... im sure you all know the type. Lifting squats, biggest weight he could carry, trying to be all impressive and muscly (basically the reason i dont go to the gym).
    So anyway he was there lifting heavy weight with the "grunts and strains" that you could clearly hear ALL the way from across the gym. Behind him was one of "those" girls. Silly women who scout gyms looking for men to pick up, face full of make up, barely wearing any clothes, doing 1 pound bicep curls just behind him, tryign to catch his eye in the mirror.
    So basically he was tryign to impress her, she wanted him, he went down for a squat, letting a HUGE fart rip (which you could also hear on the other side of the gym), the girl looked at him with a disgusted look, put down her 1 pound weights and walked out of the gym with a little "uh" a hair flick and a stormy look on her face.
    He could not stop himself from chuclking alittle mainly due to politeness, he came home, told me, and burst out laughing. it was pretty funny.

and im sorry if i offend anyone with my descriptions, i dont have anything against people like this, but its the easiest way to describe them
  • DivaDayna
    DivaDayna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    About 2 weeks ago I almost fell off the Treadmill..
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    one time i was using the (empty) aerobics room to do yoga, i was the only person in there, and some guy came in and pulled up a stationary bike literally 3 feet behind my yoga mat and started cycling. we may have made accidental eye contact when i was in downward facing dog. not exactly embarrassing but it was suuuuuper awkward.
    oh man this would be so uncomfortable. i'm sure you were thinking the whole time 'uh couldnt find a better spot ?'
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Yeah...so I found out my gym pants had a hole right in the middle of the crotch...right...there. Beautiful for the hip adductor and abductor machines...or squats.

Thanks bf for letting me know now, after over a year with those pants.
  • fraanncciiss
    Options
    Oh god! A few months back I was running on the treadmill at lets say 6 mph and i dropped my water bottle and I just blanked out and completely forgot that the treadmill was still going so I bent down to pick it up and it pushed me off of the treadmill and onto the floor and the water spilled all over me. Everyone stared at me awkwardly and I just burst out in laughter