I have to stay away from (fill in the blank) this season!

Options

Replies

• jwaltz13
    Options
    Family.. they will drive you crazy! :laugh:

Here here! Especially since I tend to eat when stressed out.

YES! hahahaha
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    sugar sugar sugar!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Toxic Family Members

We moved away from these jealous, bitter and meddlesome people, yet on holidays the expectation is that we'll pack the kids and come on home. NOT!

I made a decision long ago to cut from my life toxic people. You can choose your friends but not family - true, but it doesn't mean I owe them anything. And that's exactly what they'll get. Nothing.

I have surrounded myself with like-minded, positive people in business, play and all other areas of life.
    There is no room for negative, dysfunctional people - not even family.

I know a lot of people will disagree with you on this, but I just gotta say: Ditto. I don't even talk to my mom or dad anymore (and haven't in 5 years) bc of the same reason. :noway: I love my life now, with the POSITIVE people that surround me. :wink:

I wish I could! Unfortunately the toxic people are coming here to ruin our Christmas :(
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    ..zombies...

Zombies are high in protein, they are fine. :wink:

Great news!
    Working on a baked zombie recipe now...
    Have to get rid of the gamey undead taste.

Salt, my dear Watson! SALT! That's what I use! Let me know how it works for you!

WOW! This is fall-off-the-bone tender!

Maybe so, but this is all wrong. Everyone knows salt is a flavor ENHANCER, hence the reason manufacturers put it in EVERYTHING. Geez, people. :huh:

Naturally, frog's breath is the only acceptable answer. :bigsmile:
  • kathy0317
    Options
    Family.. they will drive you crazy! :laugh:

Here here! Especially since I tend to eat when stressed out.

Thanks to my s-i-l whining, we have four family gatherings in fours days... two with the same family (Christmas day and the 27th)
    By the 26th I'm done, so not sure how I will survive. 24th is okay, 25th + 26th usually requires some alcohol but the 27th is in the morning. Since the MIL only makes decaf coffee... I may have to bring my own and may just have to spike it. LOL
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Movie theatre popcorn :explode:
  • crisowen12
    Options
    ^ Totally agree! LOL

They are the masters of "eat baby", "eat some more", "did you try this?"!
    But I won't lie that tamales, ham, rompope, and on the Filipino side lumpia, sisig, pork buns and garlic chicken wings are going to be one hell of a challenge... :-/
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    People who do not support my journey. I recently showed up to a party wiith a beautiful veggie tray and delish low calorie dip. Two people at the table said...hey it's the holiday can't you take a break from dieting. NO!

"Hey, it's the holiday, can't you take a break from being an *kitten*?" wow!
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Omgosh!! lol All of the Families Holiday Baking!!!!! :sad:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm all about everything in moderation but I have to agree with the eggnog comment. I'll have some if I go to a party or soemthing and it's being served but I'm not buying any to keep in my fridge - hubby won't drink it and I don't need to have a glass (or 2 or 3) every night.
    Can you believe I used to drink that mixed with coffee brandy? No wonder I was so fat!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    People who do not support my journey. I recently showed up to a party wiith a beautiful veggie tray and delish low calorie dip. Two people at the table said...hey it's the holiday can't you take a break from dieting. NO!

"Hey, it's the holiday, can't you take a break from being an *kitten*?" wow!

LOL. That's what I was going to say, too. "I need to stay away from (fill in the blank)... my Aunt Evelyn." She will tell me all about her health problems & how her back hurts & she can barely climb the stairs in her house and her diabetes keeps getting worse, while she's simultaneously shoveling pie & breads into her mouth, and telling me I should "take a break from my diet and enjoy the day."

Biting my tongue... biting my tongue... biting my tongue...

Hey, does anyone know how many calories are burned by biting your tongue, holding onto your temper, and swallowing acidic comebacks?
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    TAMALES!!!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Everything!
  • elbandito
    Options
    The everything. Because it's ALL going to my thighs. :(
  • Vurbach
    Vurbach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods Organic Chocolate Truffles. So melt in your mouth good. I could honestly eat a whole box!!!
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My homemade cheeseball and my fudge - not making either one!
  • kwallis23
    Options
    cookies, chocolates, more cookies, candy canes, chocolate lol
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    Liquor, gravy, chips and cookies. All things good, haha.
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    sweets
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pretzels by utz in the xmas box... way to much fat, calories and sodium