YOUR SO PRETTY!! ...(FOR A FAT GIRL)

Options

Replies

• BuddhaBabeee
    Options
    Yeah it pisses me off... I used to get it all the time. "You'd be so pretty if you lost weight."
  • jbenton091011
    Options
    [/quote]
    Sister in law is just jealous, so I say keep moving forward and stuff her!
    [/quote]

What she said!!
  • ukjamie
    ukjamie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The truth is fat is ugly to these people, and they are just trying to be nice in their own clumsy way.
    It's humiliating.
    My back handed "compliment" from others was "you move fast for a big guy"...lol

Anyway, what people are really saying to us is "you're too fat!"

That's why we're here, so let's support each other, gather our energies and work toward our fitness goals.
    You can do it!

your are so right
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've heard it so much in my life. "you have a really pretty face" its such a back handed compliment. people think theyre being nice but its so annoying. i just take it with a pinch of salt. I've been called far worse
  • mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My uncle used to say that to me all the time. Needless to say, I stopped talking to him for 2 years and he's never mentioned my weight since then.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    My mother and my brother used to tell me crap like that, mainly "people would want to date you if you weren't so fat". They, of course, assumed that I wanted to date anyone.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    another one that get's me is my husband tells me "You're so hot now" I'm like "WTF? I wasn't before? all I did was drop weight."

omg yes!! my partner says that aswell, he says omg i love your new body. ermmm wtf its not new :grumble:

everyone used to always say the you have such a pretty face. hmm thanks! my garn used to always pinch my cheeks and say oh i can tell your putting on weight it all goes to you face :ohwell: always seemed to be on my birthday aswell! the party pooper she is :laugh:
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    only response needed, "thank you & you'd be really attractive too as long as you didn't talk"
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    another one that get's me is my husband tells me "You're so hot now" I'm like "WTF? I wasn't before? all I did was drop weight."
    Hah. My husband accidentally dropped "When you get sexy.."
    To which I went "WHAAAAT DO YOU MEAN WHEN!>?!??!" haha
  • Olisellana
    Options
    OK HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU. I STRUGGLE WITH THIS EVERY DAY. DH SAYS IT DOESNT MATTER TO HI IF I LOSE WEIGHT AND HE " DOESNT WANT ME DOING FOR HIM" MY SIL IS SUPER AGAINST IT TOO. SUGGESTIONS ?

It actually shouldn't bother you that your DH tells you that he doesn't want you doing it for him. What he needs to understand that you are doing it for you. he actually is telling you that he likes and accepts you for who you are and changing is not neccessary. however, what you need to find out is if he is going to have a problem with you changing. Sometimes a change in a woman can cause a lot of headache in a relationship. I say this because I have experiance at it. My Ex-wife weighed a lot and I accepted that. Later she decided she wanted change and got surgery done to allow her to lose it because diet and exercise wasn't working. She herself couldn't handle it because other guys started looking at her in a different way and she got upset because I am not the Jeolous type of person. I went to Iraq later and she cheated on me while there. We got our divorce and I fell that by me letting her get the surgery it is kind of my fault because other guys wouldn't have looked at her the same if she didn't have it. I believe that it is going to make changes in your relationship however, I belive that they can be positive changes as long as the doors of communication are completely open and opinions are shared.
  • MissNothing130
    Options
    It's ridiculous because last year, at my lowest weight [at a point my doctors were having a go at me, telling me I was at an unhealthily low weight], I still got the "You'd be so gorgeous if you dropped a few pounds, you could be a model!". It's insane. I was already underweight but I still got told I needed to ''drop a few pounds'' to be considered pretty.
    Thankfully those kind of comments, I only get off women. The men in my life usually tell me otherwise which leads me to believe that the women are big liars! Or so I hope, haha :P
    But either way, I understand the frustration of hearing those kinds of comments.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Only 1 proper response to this compliment

YOU'RE SO THOUGHTFUL, FOR AN ASSH*LE!

Haha, you made me choke on my coffee! Good one.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options

omg yes!! my partner says that aswell, he says omg i love your new body. ermmm wtf its not new :grumble:

everyone used to always say the you have such a pretty face. hmm thanks! my garn used to always pinch my cheeks and say oh i can tell your putting on weight it all goes to you face :ohwell: always seemed to be on my birthday aswell! the party pooper she is :laugh:

Did either of you consider that your blokes are trying to compliment you? That they are trying to say that your hard work is paying off and they can see you getting fitter, both fit fit and phwoar fit? That if you get all spiky about it they dont understand why you are throwing their admittedly clumsy praise back at them? Just trying out another perspective.
  • zontuin
    zontuin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    there's certainly many people out there who are completely ignorant. i never can understand why anyone opens their mouth to say something mean, when they have the choice to just keep their trap shut. but by speaking up, they simply reveal their own shortcomings and prejudice. my mil has made a comment to me before about my weight, and it didn't sit well on me, but i also know she is a bit prejudice against fat people. her loss, because she can't see beyond the exterior to see what might be a really wonderful person, and doesn't get the opportunity to know them. people and comments like that just need to be shaken off.

my husband has always told me that i'm beautiful, but since i've lost some weight, the compliments come more frequently. i like it. i don't feel insulted that he felt less that way when i was heavier... i think he's proud of me, of what i've accomplished, and a bit envious (in a good way) of what i've accomplished, and happy for me that i feel better physically and have more self-esteem.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

everyone used to always say the you have such a pretty face. hmm thanks! my gran used to always pinch my cheeks and say oh i can tell your putting on weight it all goes to you face :ohwell: always seemed to be on my birthday aswell! the party pooper she is :laugh:

Did either of you consider that your blokes are trying to compliment you? That they are trying to say that your hard work is paying off and they can see you getting fitter, both fit fit and phwoar fit? That if you get all spiky about it they dont understand why you are throwing their admittedly clumsy praise back at them? Just trying out another perspective.

yea suppoe he mite be but he should of loved my old body (well the body before i got more tonned etc) aswell and he never said then that he loved it hedid at the start before i gained 2 stone :laugh: plus he just trys to sabotage me and my goals with wine most nites sweets cakes etc :grumble:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Just because I said that he said that, didn't mean I didn't say "Thanks" in return, but it struck me as a "WTF" moment. I know it was his way to compliment me. But it still pissed me off inside. My feelings matter, and I don't tell him "Since you got your teeth fix, you are so much more hotter to me." Or "Come over here and let me kiss your hot new mouth" lol. Somethings are better left unsaid.
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    Ive been told I have a fuc%able face....THAT REALLY GOT UNDER MY SKIN!

Whoever said that sounds like a person with a very punchable face!

^^^ **like**

I don't have a pretty face, I have pretty hair. :smile:

I take it as people just trying to be nice.
    Oh, but yesterday, I was at the gym and one of the regulars came up to me and told my that my calves have a nice cut. :happy:
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    My BFF got 'You dont sweat much for a big lass'!:noway:

She was so shocked, by the time she had a reply the bloke had vanished.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My Ex-wife weighed a lot and I accepted that. Later she decided she wanted change and got surgery done to allow her to lose it because diet and exercise wasn't working. She herself couldn't handle it because other guys started looking at her in a different way and she got upset because I am not the Jeolous type of person. I went to Iraq later and she cheated on me while there. We got our divorce and I fell that by me letting her get the surgery it is kind of my fault because other guys wouldn't have looked at her the same if she didn't have it. I believe that it is going to make changes in your relationship however, I belive that they can be positive changes as long as the doors of communication are completely open and opinions are shared.

OK - definitely not your fault you were cheated on. Please stop telling yourself that.
    Jealousy is an ugly thing and people who try to evoke that ugly thing are just as ugly in my opinion.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Ive been told I have a fuc%able face....THAT REALLY GOT UNDER MY SKIN!

:mad: WHAT!!!! who says crap like this?? smh