YOUR SO PRETTY!! ...(FOR A FAT GIRL)

Options

Replies

• ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've heard this often as well (such a pretty face!) but it doesn't bother me. The one that did was what my mom used to say - being smart is better than being pretty. Thanks mom.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    guys tell me that all the time
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    "you're pretty but..."

"you would look like a model if you lost a bunch of weight"
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe what some of you have had to be subjected to...that is awful! Here I thought having an innocent three year old ask why my belly was big was hurtful (even though he had no clue what he was doing)...I could not even imagine having an adult talk to me like this. I think before MFP and the loss so far I would have cried and let it beat me down but now that I am stronger I would have ripped them a new you know what!

As for the one post regarding what your husband says now that your losing weight please remember men don't always know how to properly say some things. I know my husband loves me and I am sure yours does too but we ALL have to admit if we had a choice between a skinner version of ourselves and the not so nice plump version of ourselves we would choose the nicer looking one. I don't think he means it to hurt you I think he just did not word it the best way. I mean I don't see many of us women posting pics of big overweight guys on the "hot guys forums" that are on here so we have to be real and realize we do the same thing that men do. I know for me when I look at my overweight body in the mirror all I can say is I am thankful that he loves me inspite of it but I would rather he had something better to look at. My opinion and I am sure someone will jump down my throat but it is what it is.
  • mcdear
    mcdear Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    just laugh at them.. they obviosly have a problem with themselfs to have to make rude comments.. I have a cousin that I used to hang out with you know the older one that could drive me around and we look at boys anyways I was 16 and she told me that if i ever loose weight she will never hang out with me again or take me anywhere because she is afraid I would look better then her and the boys would want me over her.. lol.. I actually took it as a compliment..
  • kassandra81
    Options
    In H.S a girl told me ... your ankles are skinny, but your legs are fat, that probably means you should work on being skinny, lol. NICE! That was in grade 8 and I still remember that. That girl is actually some kind of model today - womp! lol

My daughter is 3, and the other evening driving home - she told me "I'm pretty because I'm smart, Mommy" ... Out of the blue... I wanted to cry! effin' right you are!!!! LOVE! :)
  • mcdear
    mcdear Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think your right.. I am loosing weight for myself my husband thinks im the sexiest person out there but he is also supportive because im doing it me not him..oh and also my husband is a big boy and if i knew where to find the hot guy posts I would so post him cause DAMN he looks gooooood..lol
  • edenjoy3
    Options
    your face is so pretty..imagine how much prettier you'd be if you lost a few...

love it when you see girls in highschool who made fun of you for being a little chunky and now look at them..overweight...nothing going for them...love it.
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    My supposed "best friend" at the time told me "You used to be so pretty when you were so small." then she added in a "you still are" after.

She and I aren't friends anymore. not just for that statement, but because she played bff to me but behind my back made me seem like the devil to other people.

I can get skinny again, but SHE will always have that horrid personality.
  • FromFlabtoFab_13
    Options
    Oh my gosh. My family is NOTORIOUS for this! "You'd be so pretty if you lost some weight" I understand they are coming from a concerned place, but it is VERY hurtful. No one knows the struggle of an obese person emotionally and physically until they have been through it themselves. I just wish that society was a little more thoughtful about the words that came out of their mouths. Keep your head up girl! You are beautiful no matter what size you are! Love yourself first & as hard as it is, remember that's all that matters!
  • bens_momma
    Options
    I haven't gotten that line before, but someone would be incredibly sorry had they said something like that!

No, instead my mother brags constantly about how little she ways and how she wears my old jeans and how they're too big for her. :mad:
  • rainedays86
    rainedays86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I get the "your so cute" line from guys. and that i have a baby face. I know that looking young can be a good thing...but can't I look sexy?? I feel like the word cute just makes me feel like a child. Ugh.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    IMHO....I don't get offended. I love my body now...all the bumps, curves. hips. I loved it 60 pounds ago too. This body isn't for everyone...just like not everyone loves tomatoes.

I'm glad I am getting healthy and taking care of myself.

You have such a pretty face....Well, what about my hair? Sometimes, people just mean you HAVE a really pretty face. Nothing hateful behind it....IMHO
  • shantelleclarke
    Options
    Ive been told I have a fuc%able face....THAT REALLY GOT UNDER MY SKIN!

Whoever said that sounds like a person with a very punchable face!

Haha... that's what I was thinking... I would be so pissed if someone said that to me... He's obviously self centered and an @$$hole. Jerk...
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Only one person has ever had the BALLS to say something like that to me. I was at a st. patty's day parade and pushing through a crowd of people and a drunken idiot looks me right in the face (we're squished together) and he's like DAYUMMM you are so gorgeous for a fat girl. ;-O!!!!!! I almost punched him straight in the face but unfortunately tears started welling up first so I ditched out of there and found my friends hit behind a car and bawled my brains out (so uncharacteristic of me). That was the first day I ACTUALLY realized I was now officially viewed as a fat girl. I have been athletic my whole life until recently so it's been tough seeing myself that way. Anyways, we're all taking care of it so let's not dwell on the negative here and let it be motivation to keep trucking!!
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    Oooh I get told I have a pretty face a lot, and I can deal with that. As well as the 'Wow your "assets" are huge' ... yeah that just makes me switch off conversation mode. And then there's the worst thing I've ever had said to me, 'You make a good pillow' ... worst thing about that I was 14 and weighed maybe 120lbs ... I mean come on!
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not a comment towards me but it still made me angry.
    Was at a restaurant yesterday with my sister. We had just gotten our food and the two guys next to us started talking about some guy they had seen earlier in the day. "OMG, that guy was massive! He was so fat! He had to be like...250!"
    I was like....but I weight more than:cry: Made me feel pretty bad. Why do people feel the need to make comments about other people like that?
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I honestly don't know why they have to say that, I mean one of my old friends cried because of what a worker in a cafe said to her, she asked for a sandwich and a cookie, their reply was 'are you sure you want only one cookie?' and then proceeded to s****** like they'd just been ever so witty. It was uncalled for a rude and I've never been back to that cafe since.

The s****** word is sn*gger .. apparently it's rude.
  • jean1058
    jean1058 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ive been told I have a fuc%able face....THAT REALLY GOT UNDER MY SKIN!

Whoever said that sounds like a person with a very punchable face!

THIS! ROFL!
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    I have always gotten the "you'd be pretty if...." and my dad used to joke that my mom must have had an affair to get a daughter as big as me. but the latest and greatest.
    The skinny girl at the gym looked at me and said "You know when you loose all that weight you'll be so pretty" I just looked at her and walked out!