YOUR SO PRETTY!! ...(FOR A FAT GIRL)

Options

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Wow.
    I got the opposite: " If you were nice and chubby you'd be so much more feminine, Monica" or "See that girl over there? (pointing to an overweight girl), now that's what a woman should look like".

I guess if I had been like that, then I'd gotten the opposite too. Can't make anyone happy.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I've always been chubby & had a "pretty face" but it's never bothered me. I mean I didn't want to be fat but I hated my body why would I expect some else to like it? So, I'm changing it.

And as far as husband-bf-fiances go. I know my Fiance d*mn well better love my "new" body. I'm working hard for it! Now, that's not to say that he didn't already love me. He told me he didn't care if I lost weight or not. I just really don't see the reason to get offended. I would feel so much worse if he *didn't* say anything about it. And I'm not trying to rub anyone the wrong way. This is just the way *I* feel. :smile:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    To me this is along the lines of people calling a mother a MILF. I don't see that as a compliment at all. I had a guy tell me that once and I just lost it, I'm usually a very reserve and quiet person, but I couldn't contain myself.. my response was. "Really, prior to having kids I had zero desire in hearing you think I'm worthy to f*(k.. after having babies, I find it even less appealing".
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard it personally but I hear my mom make comments like that to my sister all of the time and it grinds every nerve in my body. Between the three of us I am the least overweight (about 35 pounds now) but my sister is about 90 pounds overweight and my mom doesn't realize that her cruel words do not encourage my sister to get the weight off, they only add to the negative feelings that are connected to the weight gain that she has had over the past few years. My sister may be 90 pounds overweight but she is absolutely, drop dead gorgeous!!!!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    To me this is along the lines of people calling a mother a MILF. I don't see that as a compliment at all. I had a guy tell me that once and I just lost it, I'm usually a very reserve and quiet person, but I couldn't contain myself.. my response was. "Really, prior to having kids I had zero desire in hearing you think I'm worthy to f*(k.. after having babies, I find it even less appealing".

totally agreed!!
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    OK .. is it just me or do you hate the term "Your pretty for a fat girl!" or "You'll be so pretty IF you loss some weight!" and my personal favorite "You can a pretty face!" - Oh so the rest of me is ugly?? Why can't I just be pretty? Is there any ladies that has gone through this? Or any guys that have told women this before?

It is not just you! I get "You have such a pretty face. You just need to lose weight."

I'm trying b****es! LOL :explode:

You'll get there though... stick to your goals!
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Every since I was a kid or you look just like so and so and trust you know that it was somebody overwight. SMH
  • vanessa194
    vanessa194 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i hate that crap i just say did you just call me fat ! USUALLY SHUTS THEM UP REAL QUICK ! . i know your trying to be kind about our sizes but we are not stupid we can read in between the lines .. People are so cruel its ridiculous .
  • kjbristol
    kjbristol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Guess what? You are pretty! PERIOD. There is no "if" statement after. And as far as women go, if they told me that I would simply reply with a "I can lose the weight...but ugly is forever!"

Don't let people make you feel bad!
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    OK HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU. I STRUGGLE WITH THIS EVERY DAY. DH SAYS IT DOESNT MATTER TO HI IF I LOSE WEIGHT AND HE " DOESNT WANT ME DOING FOR HIM" MY SIL IS SUPER AGAINST IT TOO. SUGGESTIONS ?

Sister in law is just jealous, so I say keep moving forward and stuff her!

Haha! Stuff her! Love it :)
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I once went on a date with a guy from work, drove MILES to see him, went out, danced all night had a great time. He then said you arent usually the type of girl I go for usually they are thinner... by the end of the night I was stranded in an unknown town trying to find a way back to the hotel on my own as he had left me to persue his 'typical type'
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Only 1 proper response to this compliment

YOU'RE SO THOUGHTFUL, FOR AN ASSH*LE!

Like this!
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    I get stuff like "You're not fat, you just hold your weight well." from my dad alllllllllll the time. The way it's said gets me debating how bad to take it every time. :|
  • TiraDawn
    Options
    I have heard that my ENTIRE LIFE! And I love the follow up of "and you'd look even better if you slimmed down a bit." Thanks... To this day I'm pretty sure its comments like this growing up that kept me stress eating. Now I'm out to prove to MYSELF that its not about what others think and say, its about how I feel. Almost 30 lbs later, I love how I look and love how much more energy I have. I have another 50-70 to go depending on what my doctor says, but since I'm almost half way there already, I'm happy to point out how much I have lost while they all whine about gaining weight from the Holidays =)
  • MadeInDR022
    Options
    I was talking to this guy once and he told me that he would date me if I lost some weight. Ha! Dropped him like a burning potato!
  • Oh my goodness, ALLL THE TIME!! ''You have such a pretty face'' Blah
  • cara19812
    cara19812 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    IT SHOULD MATTER TO YOU. DO EVERYTHING FOR YOURSELF ALWAYS..... YOU WILL FEEL BETTER AFTERWARDS.... IT IS FOR YOUR HEALTH IF NOTHING ELSE
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    another one that get's me is my husband tells me "You're so hot now" I'm like "WTF? I wasn't before? all I did was drop weight."

Well, let's be honest - we're not as attractive fat.
    That's reality.

And our souses or partners' loyalty has limits - believe it.
    I know a guy RIGHT NOW who is a great father, loving husband and totally loving human being in every way but very fat.
    He wasn't always fat but gained slowly over the years while his wife stayed the same.

You know where this is going - right?
    Yes, she had an torrid affair with a guy at work - a fit guy, and she moved out, leaving my poor friend alone with his broken heart and twinkies.

And instead of just accepting that his wife is no longer in love, he's crying and sniveling, trying to get her back; it's pathetic!
    He should be on MFP - hitting the gym and rebuilding his life.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    OK HERES A QUESTION FOR YOU. I STRUGGLE WITH THIS EVERY DAY. DH SAYS IT DOESNT MATTER TO HI IF I LOSE WEIGHT AND HE " DOESNT WANT ME DOING FOR HIM" MY SIL IS SUPER AGAINST IT TOO. SUGGESTIONS ?

lose weight for yourself, get the people in your life on board, or seriously kick them out. they don't have control over you doing something healthy for yourself. no harm in learning to eat right, and enjoy exercising as long as you're not hurting yourself
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    another one that get's me is my husband tells me "You're so hot now" I'm like "WTF? I wasn't before? all I did was drop weight."

I'm so sorry he says that to you. Try to remember he's trying to be supportive...but he, ultimately, is a man. He doesn't know how to communicate well!

I am blessed (only because he has 4 sisters who taught him VERY WELL) - my husband has told me every day since I started this journey that he finds me sexy no matter what size...but he wants to support me because he knows this is what I WANT to live a long life with him and our daughter.