worst movie ending ~ever~ ?

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
If given the chance, I will always watch the ending of a movie first, and then go back and watch it from the beginning. My theory is - if the ending looks like it sucks (even without knowing what the movie is about) I can then watch from the beginning, keeping in mind the ending - like not getting attached to a charachter who doesn't get to live happily ever after.

Case in point - The Departed. ~great~ movie, but if I didn't know the end when i watched the whole thing, the ending would have pissed me off. The departed was my "worst ending ever" movie. But I think we got a new winner!

The Mist. Admittedly not the greatest creature flick. The ending, however, wow, I can't even put it into words. It's heartbreaking. I was stunned. I sat there just a little shocked waching the credits roll. Did that really just happen??

Does anyone have any other contenders?

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Vanilla sky ending was pretty bad. Actually the entire movie was pretty bad
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

The Mist. Admittedly not the greatest creature flick. The ending, however, wow, I can't even put it into words. It's heartbreaking. I was stunned. I sat there just a little shocked waching the credits roll. Did that really just happen??

Does anyone have any other contenders?

Wierd....I watched that 2 nights ago, and drove to Winnipeg last night, in the worst fog I've ever seen. Almost hit a wolf.

Coincidence you mentioned that movie though and i JUST watched it and thought the same thing.
  • Alishia_655
    Options
    I didn't care for the ending to "the village". There were so many other ways to go with that one, but I ended up feeling a little bummed.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    The Mist was the worst ending ever.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    The hangover 2 :laugh: :laugh:
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    The Invasion. Worst ever to me...
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Still can't figure out if Enter the Void had the best, or worst, ending ever. It's one or the other though.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    There are several that pissed me off that I don't remember. One I do remember is the 80's movie "Omega Man". Yeah, "The Mist" was bad too.
  • _snw_
    Options
    Still can't figure out if Enter the Void had the best, or worst, ending ever. It's one or the other though.

heh. way to put a label on it!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The Richard Gere movie---Unfaithful... He is sitting outside the police station in his car. What does he do? Does he turn himself in or not??? The ending is so up in the air. It bothered me---what the heck:noway:

Yeah The Mist was bad too...
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

heh. way to put a label on it!
    It's one of *those* types of movies though :-) OK, I'll say best ending ever. So it's disqualified from this thread...dangit.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for the ending to "the village". There were so many other ways to go with that one, but I ended up feeling a little bummed.

I really liked the ending. It reminded me of a book I'd read when I was younger, so I rather enjoyed it.

ETA: I just looked up the movie to read more about it and it was actually on that page that the movie was accused of plagiarizing the idea from the book. The book that is really similar is called Running out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Message in a Bottle - left me gutted!!!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    "The Perfect Storm"
    Hey, let's spend two hours watching how these brave men conquer their struggles at sea only to have them all drown at the end.

Really?
  • _snw_
    Options
    "The Perfect Storm"
    Hey, let's spend two hours watching how these brave men conquer their struggles at sea only to have them all drown at the end.

Really?

That's a good one for the list too. Horrible.
  • alisonwww
    Options
    I so totally agree about the mist. The worst! And funny too, I don't remember the short story ending that way?
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    The Mist
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    "Lady in the Water".

Does anyone remember this movie?

I thought cool... M. Night Shyamalan...

Then at the end this Huge bird flies in outta nowhere and carries her away... What the heck is that even about?
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Four Christmases....I was so happy when the movie started, to see a happily childfree couple. But not far into it I told my husband that she was going to end up pregnant. Sure enough they suddenly don't feel 'complete' without a child, and they end it with the couple having a kid. So annoying.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Vanilla sky ending was pretty bad. Actually the entire movie was pretty bad
    I LOVE Vanilla Sky, and the climax, but the falling action afterward was flat and stupid and bleh. I've always hated that since I like the movie so much.