worst movie ending ~ever~ ?

Options

Replies

• 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Mulholland Drive..... what's weirder is, I really like the movie - I was just totally confused throughout the entire thing.
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    Atonement. Left me feeling sad and angry that I even watched the movie.

I absolutely loved Atonement, but the end was so heartbreaking. The scene at the very end where the two of them are running around on the beach being happy, and you know it never actually happened... that was crushing. But I don't think that makes it a bad movie.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

The Mist. Admittedly not the greatest creature flick. The ending, however, wow, I can't even put it into words. It's heartbreaking. I was stunned. I sat there just a little shocked waching the credits roll. Did that really just happen??

The Mist, BY FAR has the best ending ever made. The movie is AMAZING. Its not a creature movie its a movie about human nature. IT has a deeper meaning.

This is true, When I say it was "terrible" I mean it was so terrible it was amazing. I was so disturbed by the ending that it took a while to get it out of my system. That is what makes a movie great.

The Mist movie was based on an original short story by the infamous Stephen King. Knowing that... the ending made perfect sense :)
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Friday Night Lights, the movie. They lost the damn game, you're not supposed to spend 2 hours watching a movie about a football team and then they lose the damn game.
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thelma and Louise - stupid, as if two mature grown *kitten* women are going to drive off a cliff.

The Notebook - I hate it because they changed the ending of the movie from the book. I hate when they do that with book to movie productions.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    The Mist was horrible the events which took place at the end but it didn't make me dislike the movie. I appreciated it not "ending on a high note" and being a bit different from the standard Hollywood ending. Godawful depressing though, eh?

Now, The Departed, on the other hand, it wasn't the events so much as the very last scene which really made me shake my damn head. The rat? C'mon now. Cliché much? I don't like the pandering to the lowest common denominator crap.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Atonement. Left me feeling sad and angry that I even watched the movie.

I absolutely loved Atonement, but the end was so heartbreaking. The scene at the very end where the two of them are running around on the beach being happy, and you know it never actually happened... that was crushing. But I don't think that makes it a bad movie.

I don't see a sad ending as a bad ending - to me a bad ending is one that makes me feel annoyed like I wasted my time, want my $ back from the theater bad.
  • kwallis23
    Options
    Knowing - with Nicolas Cage
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2233572608/tt0412019

Broken Flowers

It was an independent flick, so maybe I should have known better, but it was so bad. At the end, I wasn't the only one pissed off. The woman in front of me said, "WTF" as the credits rolled up. HAHA.
  • SeanIsMyHomeboy
    SeanIsMyHomeboy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    High Tension.

The worst, most pointless, most piece of garbage twist ending ever filmed.
  • hillm12345
    Options
    High Tension.

I liked this movie... but i'm a little sick and twisted
  • SeanIsMyHomeboy
    SeanIsMyHomeboy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    High Tension.

The rest of the movie was awesome. The ending itself was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I'm trying not to spoil it for anyone who actually cares because most of the movie really is awesome, but the end... pointless plot twist that is not in the least bit plausible.
  • hillm12345
    Options
    High Tension.

The rest of the movie was awesome. The ending itself was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I'm trying not to spoil it for anyone who actually cares because most of the movie really is awesome, but the end... pointless plot twist that is not in the least bit plausible.

Agreed. Wrecked with Adrien Brody. WORST MOVIE EVER
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

And "Wicker Man" with Nicholas Cage. That movie was just stupid the whole way through though...I've given up on that guy.

Could not agree more!!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    The one where denzel Washington is hunting down a demon, and he gets himself possessed and kills himself in the woods to kill the demon, and it gets away in a stupid lynx. Arrgghhhh!!!

Fallen...I loved that entire movie, even the end. Kind of cool to see that good doesn't always win in the movies (Lord knows it doesn't in real life).
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to jump on the "The Village" bandwagon...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkXwomVRMqPyMrYuKh_aMsHbLjxvgrrqoAs7qGaivDMSjmj6ce2A
    Two snaps! Lol
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ong-Bok 2 and 3
    The whole fricken movie is just like WTF?:grumble:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    No Country for Old Men
    The movie quit at the motel swimming pool part…I was so looking forward to a final showdown…but nothing.

I adored the end of No Country, there was a lot of vocal *****ing in the cinema when I saw it.....
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'd say Bug. The whole movie was stupid really. At first you might think something interesting's about to happen. Nope. Just more crap.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Vanilla sky ending was pretty bad. Actually the entire movie was pretty bad

Word.