worst movie ending ~ever~ ?

Options

Replies

• Strobins05
    Options
    No Country for Old Men
    The movie quit at the motel swimming pool part…I was so looking forward to a final showdown…but nothing.
    Soooo true!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If given the chance, I will always watch the ending of a movie first, and then go back and watch it from the beginning. My theory is - if the ending looks like it sucks (even without knowing what the movie is about) I can then watch from the beginning, keeping in mind the ending - like not getting attached to a charachter who doesn't get to live happily ever after.

Case in point - The Departed. ~great~ movie, but if I didn't know the end when i watched the whole thing, the ending would have pissed me off. The departed was my "worst ending ever" movie. But I think we got a new winner!

The Mist. Admittedly not the greatest creature flick. The ending, however, wow, I can't even put it into words. It's heartbreaking. I was stunned. I sat there just a little shocked waching the credits roll. Did that really just happen??

Does anyone have any other contenders?

Just wanted to say I loved The Mist and I thought the end was incredible. That's some real horror there!

Never saw it but after reading the story close to 15 years ago I had to see how they ended the movie.
    In the short story it ends with them in the car and barely catching a radio broadcast to let them know there were other survivors(think it was a Hartford Ct station) so they had hope but that was the end.
    Sounds like the movie was maybe better.

The Stephen King books I have read really sometimes are difficult to adapt.
    "IT" for example,the movie is okay but loses a lot and the ending was terrible compared to the book.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    NIght is one of my FAVORITE!!!!! I watch all of his stuff... Lady in the Water is better when you watch it the second time... The first time I was like :huh: through the whole movie... The second time, it was more like a hilariously bad comedy...:laugh: So, I can appreciate it now
    "Lady in the Water".

Does anyone remember this movie?

I thought cool... M. Night Shyamalan...

Then at the end this Huge bird flies in outta nowhere and carries her away... What the heck is that even about?
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Eyes Wide Shut..... You could replace the U with an I.

The whole movie was bad (and long) and, at the end, I was going to phone the producers and ask for the three hours of my life back........
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for the ending to "the village". There were so many other ways to go with that one, but I ended up feeling a little bummed.
    Thatentire movie sucked.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    The one where denzel Washington is hunting down a demon, and he gets himself possessed and kills himself in the woods to kill the demon, and it gets away in a stupid lynx. Arrgghhhh!!!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    "Lady in the Water".

Does anyone remember this movie?

I thought cool... M. Night Shyamalan...

Then at the end this Huge bird flies in outta nowhere and carries her away... What the heck is that even about?

IMO, all of his movies since the 6th sense qualify for this award
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    "remember me" with robert pattinson...the movie wasnt all the great to begin with then came the ending...totally left me with a 'WTH!? i did NOT see that coming' response.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    1. Any M. Night shamalan movie except the Sixth Sense.
    2. IT
    3. The new The Thing
    4. The first Paranormal Activity. Either ending. They both sucked.
    one more and I am done...
    Quaratine
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to jump on the "The Village" bandwagon...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkXwomVRMqPyMrYuKh_aMsHbLjxvgrrqoAs7qGaivDMSjmj6ce2A
  • kydogwalker
    kydogwalker Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The Lord of the Ring trilogy!

I love the books, love the story, the movies were awesome, right up to the end..

where it felt like they spent a half hour just showing these stupid folks smiling back and forth at each other! Definately call it the smiley movie, such an out of touch way to end things.

OMG, yes!!!! Longest ending ever. I almost sporked my eyes out out of boredom!

Saving Private Ryan. I hate cheesy movie endings!

I totally agree with both of these, and want to smear a little topping of the 80's movie 'Fatal Attraction' where Michael Douglas is drowning and choking Glenn Close to death in the bathtub and then she rises up out of the water like a zombie so the betrayed wife gets to shoot her. Give me a break!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Any horror movie in which the big bad doesn't get run through a wood chipper and then salted and burned is terrible.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    "The Perfect Storm"
    Hey, let's spend two hours watching how these brave men conquer their struggles at sea only to have them all drown at the end.

Really?

Well that's how it ended in real life. I'm sure their families would have loved for the ending to be different for you too.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The Departed...way too easy!!! During the whole movie I was trying to find out how the problem will be solved, and here is what they found, lets just kill everybody.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Jackie Brown. Worst ending to the worst movie ever. I kept waiting for something to happen but no, she just sits there for 5 minutes. Oh Quentin Tarantino, you just think you so clever.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I felt the same with The Perfect Storm. I didn't know it was a true story. If I'd known, I probably wouldn't have watched it. Same with Braveheart. I'm not a history major. I don't know how every story/historical accounting of everything ends. I didn't know.

Also hated the end of City of Angels. :(

The worst for me was Pay It Forward. I had to sit in the theater bawling my eyes out until everyone else was gone so I wasn't so embarrassed.

I'm seeing a theme here..............I obviously don't like movies that don't have happy endings! LOL
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    "The Perfect Storm"
    Hey, let's spend two hours watching how these brave men conquer their struggles at sea only to have them all drown at the end.

Really?

That's a good one for the list too. Horrible.

OK, y'all know that was a true story, right? It's not like they could change the ending.

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure their famillies would have preferred a happier ending as well.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    "remember me" with robert pattinson...the movie wasnt all the great to begin with then came the ending...totally left me with a 'WTH!? i did NOT see that coming' response.

I loved the ending, so sad. The weird thing was I randomly decided to Redbox it on September 11th. My mom had told me to watch it and that was the day I chose to rent it. After I watched it, I called her freaked out and she said, "I thought'd you heard about the ending so you decided to wait until today to watch it." I hadn't - it was completely random. Scared me so much.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    coverfield..
  • Atonement. Left me feeling sad and angry that I even watched the movie.

Ughhh atonement had the worst ending EVER. That and ladder 49. That movie makes me cry soooo hard.