worst movie ending ~ever~ ?

Options

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for the ending to "the village". There were so many other ways to go with that one, but I ended up feeling a little bummed.

YES! and that one... now I can't remember the name... it started with a C and had a bunch of teenagers and it was supposed to be like an apocalypse or something but each person should have died like 100 times and they never did it ended with them like flying away in a helicopter or something... it was really stupid

Cloverfield... That was the name. And it was awful
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with pretty much all the films everyone has mentioned here.
    What about American Psycho though? I kind of felt at the end like nothing had actually happened so watching the film had kind of been a waste of time, anyone else?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Swimming Pool - I was all WTF?

City of Angels - I knew that broad was going to get hit by a truck when she went down the road after the angel had given up his angelness.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options

The Mist. Admittedly not the greatest creature flick. The ending, however, wow, I can't even put it into words. It's heartbreaking. I was stunned. I sat there just a little shocked waching the credits roll. Did that really just happen??

Yes! I was totally depressed after watching that! Terrible!!
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    "The Perfect Storm"
    Hey, let's spend two hours watching how these brave men conquer their struggles at sea only to have them all drown at the end.

Really?

Thars because its a true story.... how else would you end it... they all died
  • Mallory0418
    Options
    And Country Strong. I like the movie but I couldn't help but think at the end...wasn't this supposed to be about being "country STRONG", not self destruction and giving up on yourself? Meh...

And "Wicker Man" with Nicholas Cage. That movie was just stupid the whole way through though...I've given up on that guy.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    If given the chance, I will always watch the ending of a movie first, and then go back and watch it from the beginning. My theory is - if the ending looks like it sucks (even without knowing what the movie is about) I can then watch from the beginning, keeping in mind the ending - like not getting attached to a charachter who doesn't get to live happily ever after.

Case in point - The Departed. ~great~ movie, but if I didn't know the end when i watched the whole thing, the ending would have pissed me off. The departed was my "worst ending ever" movie. But I think we got a new winner!

The Mist. Admittedly not the greatest creature flick. The ending, however, wow, I can't even put it into words. It's heartbreaking. I was stunned. I sat there just a little shocked waching the credits roll. Did that really just happen??

Does anyone have any other contenders?

Just wanted to say I loved The Mist and I thought the end was incredible. That's some real horror there!
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options

The Mist, BY FAR has the best ending ever made. The movie is AMAZING. Its not a creature movie its a movie about human nature. IT has a deeper meaning.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    "The Perfect Storm"
    Hey, let's spend two hours watching how these brave men conquer their struggles at sea only to have them all drown at the end.

Really?

That's a good one for the list too. Horrible.

Really? It was based on true events and there's a song. You knew they were going to die....come on..
  • Mallory0418
    Options

The Mist, BY FAR has the best ending ever made. The movie is AMAZING. Its not a creature movie its a movie about human nature. IT has a deeper meaning.

This is true, When I say it was "terrible" I mean it was so terrible it was amazing. I was so disturbed by the ending that it took a while to get it out of my system. That is what makes a movie great.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    The hangover 2 :laugh: :laugh:
    I concur!!!! Can't wait to see #3!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Slumdog Millionaire.

It was a disturbing movie in many ways anyways, but the ending was all pretty and perfect.
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    No Country for Old Men
    The movie quit at the motel swimming pool part…I was so looking forward to a final showdown…but nothing.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Just watched "Black Death". Gruesom storyline. Was NOT happy with the ending at all.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    "Titanic"...who the hell decided to let the boat sink? thpuhleeze.gif

Every damn time I watch this movie I think it may end differently. It's coming out in 3D soon so I'm hoping they change the ending for it!!!!!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The Road. There was no ending. There was really no beginning either. Just one long middle.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    "The Perfect Storm"

Really?

That's a good one for the list too. Horrible.

Really? It was based on true events and there's a song. You knew they were going to die....come on..

Just because it was true doesn't make it any less sh!tty.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    The Lord of the Ring trilogy!

I love the books, love the story, the movies were awesome, right up to the end..

where it felt like they spent a half hour just showing these stupid folks smiling back and forth at each other! Definately call it the smiley movie, such an out of touch way to end things.

Never read the books. Didn't realize it was a triology. So when I got to the end of the first movie I was SOOOOOO mad at my husband for making me watch it. He's like, there's another movie. And we have to wait several months until the next one comes out. LOL
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If given the chance, I will always watch the ending of a movie first, and then go back and watch it from the beginning. My theory is - if the ending looks like it sucks (even without knowing what the movie is about) I can then watch from the beginning, keeping in mind the ending - like not getting attached to a charachter who doesn't get to live happily ever after.

Case in point - The Departed. ~great~ movie, but if I didn't know the end when i watched the whole thing, the ending would have pissed me off. The departed was my "worst ending ever" movie. But I think we got a new winner!

Does anyone have any other contenders?

Just wanted to say I loved The Mist and I thought the end was incredible. That's some real horror there!

I completely agree!!
    I rented The Mist and Cloverfield at the same time. I thought Cloverfield was going to be great and The Mist was just going to be ok. Completely the other way around.. I loved the Mist and hated Cloverfield. LOL
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The Road. There was no ending. There was really no beginning either. Just one long middle.

I love the Road!