Sleeping with a bra on?(ladies only...I hope)

Options

Replies

• stargazerjana
    stargazerjana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have to let the twins free at night!!! Lol!!!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I usually wear my bra to bed. I have sensitive nips and often times my shirt will rub em raw.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Totally random question, but how many of you sleep with a bra on? Not a full underwire pushup bra but either a sports bra or something like that?
    Even though I don't have much going on up there I gotta sleep with something on under my t shirt...just a quirk of mine. Everyone I know thinks I'm nuts ( I am ), so I was just wondering if I'm the only bra sleeper out there lol.

I only wear one to exercise in. But I've read several studies that say women who wear bras to sleep in tend to have a higher incidence of breast cancer.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, that sounds so uncomfortable. I try to take mine off as soon as I get home. And if it takes too long to get home, you might find me taking it off in the car. I have upset a number of other drivers and truckers by taking it off on the beltway :laugh: The girls need to be free at night!!!

Riley I nearly choked laughing while reading your post. Gosh we could be sisters. I used to take mine off coming home from work in a downtown Houston office. And after that, I was a long haul truck driver. Drove my DH nutz. He would be looking up from the sleeper and there I was ripping that danged thing off. He nearly died the first time he saw me and of course there was a raucus on the CB. But hey, I was yanking 80,000# around the country and I wanted to be comfy.

As far as sleeping in one of those confining things - no way. Did when I was younger but stopped years ago when my doctor said NO! Not good for you.
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    no way!!!!!!!the first thing i do is take that sucker off ,when i know imhome for good...
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    no I don't. you should wear one (light support no underwire) to prevent sagging and stretching. I remove my bra soon after I walk thru the front door. I wear one to work out in though.
  • Effief21
    Effief21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do, depends where I am and who I'm with :) It's not uncomfortable at all. (Surely bras should never be uncomfortable?!) lol :)
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I agree, it's way too uncomfortable to sleep w/ a bra!
  • bellaitalia603
    bellaitalia603 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    no i look very forward to not having my bra on lol
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    my sports bras are not uncomfortable at all but i am just a 38b. prob 50% of the time i sleep in one.
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    omg no! those things only go on when i'm leaving house (and in winter only if where i'm going will have me taking all the layers off) and they come flying off the very second i walk back into house.
    sleeping in one would be hell.

we both spend 99% of the time inside house in just t-shirt and undies year round (okay nothing if it is a real hot summer night, lol). but shoes, socks, bra, pants, all are for outside only.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I have to let the twins free at night!!! Lol!!!

Amen!!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Totally random question, but how many of you sleep with a bra on? Not a full underwire pushup bra but either a sports bra or something like that?
    Even though I don't have much going on up there I gotta sleep with something on under my t shirt...just a quirk of mine. Everyone I know thinks I'm nuts ( I am ), so I was just wondering if I'm the only bra sleeper out there lol.

I only wear one to exercise in. But I've read several studies that say women who wear bras to sleep in tend to have a higher incidence of breast cancer.

How does that even work? What about a bra would give you cancer?
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I hate sleeping with a bra on, it's so uncomfortable. But sometimes I will wear a cami, it's loose and not really tight; just on those nights it's cold and i want an extra layer of clothing. i've heard that it's not healthy to sleep with a bra on just like it's not healthy to sleep with underwear on. the only time i'll sleep in one is if i'm anywhere other then my own house.

edit: gotta let your body air out at night!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping with a bra on, it's so uncomfortable. But sometimes I will wear a cami, it's loose and not really tight; just on those nights it's cold and i want an extra layer of clothing. i've heard that it's not healthy to sleep with a bra on just like it's not healthy to sleep with underwear on. the only time i'll sleep in one is if i'm anywhere other then my own house.

edit: gotta let your body air out at night!

I...not healthy to sleep with your underwear on? Uncomfortable, maybe. Ill-advised, possibly. Unhealthy, though?
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I started sleeping in a bra when I had roommates, because I have the tendency to get up several times during the night to use the restroom. Ever since then, it's just become a habit. Now that I have my own apartment, I might have to start sleeping without it. LOL There isn't much there anyway!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I sleep naked. **** clothes.
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    <--- total nudist.. lol
  • waanju
    waanju Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This might be because I barely fill out a-cups, but I don't even wear bras ever day, let alone at night!
    It's not as if I'm a weird, anti-bra hippie, I just don't really NEED one all the time, unless it's cold or a see through shirt or a shirt that I need a super pushup padded bra to hold up (yes shirts slip). hahahha flat chested :/
  • waanju
    waanju Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    maybe girls with bigger boobs tend to wear bras to sleep (for support or something I dunno?) and they also have more area to develop cancer... more cells multiplying= greater chance of error in replication right? So it could be confounding variables. ORRRRR maybe they tend to catch it more?