Sleeping with a bra on?(ladies only...I hope)

Options

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    No bra I actually sleep in my birthday suite. I heard that sleeping with your bra on increases you chances of getting breast cancer. So ever since I heard that I have slept without.

Interesting. Physiologically I'm trying to figure this one out. Anyone else heard this? Have links? It doesn't make sense in my head, but it's also nearly midnight and I've been up since 6 AM.

Allegedly it's related to the metal in the under wire, not the bra itself.
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=fact-or-fiction-underwire-bras-cause-cancer
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm bigger (36D), but I have to. I pretty much need that support. There is the occasional bra-less night, but overall I have some kind of bra on.
    ditto
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If I happened to be wearing just a comfortable sports bra that day, then I won't go out of my way to take it off before bed, but I always take my underwire bras off as soon as I can just because I don't want to bands to stretch out any more than they have to. My boobs are plenty perky, I just love the way they look for the first few hours of a night out when my bras are still nice and tight. After that, the bands get a little stretched and they don't have that same "boost".
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Uncomfortable ... So nope

This. I'm at home for crying out loud... And, I don't ask my husband to wear a jock strap to bed either...kind of the same idea.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm a C cup and I can't stand sleeping in a bra! I'm not saggy, though, so I might have a different opinion if I was...Some ladies are describing a lot of flapping. I could see why you might want extra support if that was the case.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I am a 34E and I cannot sleep in a bra! Only during those specific days of the month when breast is really sensitive I wear a spaghetti strap top that has hidden support so it is comfy and keeps the girls in place.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i always sleep with a bra on xxx
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    If I am home for longer than a half hour, the bra is coming off.

Me too, mine pings across the room into the laundry basket. Or gets stuffed under a cushion out of sight lol.

:laugh:
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    I wear nothing to bed. Only way I feel comfy. Nothing more makes me feel good like soft bed lines touching my skin.
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I couldn't sleep with a bra on! I sleep on my tummy...it would be uber uncomfortable! I either sleep with a vest/t shirt on or nothing!
  • abbygrace84
    abbygrace84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wear a sleeping singlet that has built in support - its fab, keeps me perky and makes me feel like I'm fighting off gravity!
  • heavensonfire
    Options
    I always sleep with a bra on. I honestly don't feel any less comfortable. I also hate having to put my bra back on when I wake up in the morning.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I sometimes do if it is 'that time'. It's weird, I don't have big ones but if I am feeling a bit tender and agitated they just feel in the way so I find it more comfortable to pop a sports crop on to keep them in front of me away from the dangers of underarm squish!
  • Its4CJ
    Its4CJ Posts: 14
    Options
    99.9% of the time, I wear at least a bra. I'm not big, but not tiny, either (38C), but I DO have back problems...
    If not that, then I wear an A-shirt...
  • Amy271189
    Options
    Im a 36 G and never sleep in a bra, would be so uncomfortable.
  • Shauniie28
    Options
    i sleep with a bra on because i thought it keep the girsl up nad together. i am opposite from alot of you because i feel umcomfortable without a bra on at night. and a bra is supposed to keep those girls in tack so i dont understand the myth behind bra making your breast saggy, not wearing a bra makes your breast saggy even more.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't wear one at night or when i am home. By boobs are going to get saggy no matter what as i get older.! hahahahah..

I do however wear tanks that keep the girls somewhat in place when I'm walking around the house.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    My bra usually comes off on the drive home from work, but if not, as soon as I walk in my house and does not go back on until I get dressed for work again. I would/will never sleep with one and I have some tatas!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    yes....always!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I always wear a bra...I hate not having one on! Size 40E and breastfeeding two kids they aren't the same anymore! haha