Sleeping with a bra on?(ladies only...I hope)

Options

Replies

• Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Also MOST women wear the wrong sized bras and this leads to them being uncomfortable. If your bra is hurting you or bugging you to the point you need to rip it off as soon as you walk in the door you need to get professionally sized. Fredericks of Hollywood and Victoria Secret are the worst so skip them. Most often women wear a band too large with a cup too small.
  • KariePerez
    Options
    No bra I actually sleep in my birthday suite. I heard that sleeping with your bra on increases you chances of getting breast cancer. So ever since I heard that I have slept without.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    so im a NZ size 12FF. I dont mind sleeping with a bra on sometimes for support. Im the same as someone else above. I go on and off with this one. Sometimes i jump into pjs and forget to take it off (cos im so tired or just it doesnt bother me that night)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    No way! I have to be comfortable. Mine tends to come off when I walk into my home. Besides, I recently heard there's research saying your chance of breast cancer increases with the amount of time you spend wearing a bra.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I think wearing a bra is so comfortable most of the time. Often I'll forget I'm wearing one and fall asleep without taking it off before bed. Then again, I'm a pretty small size 34B, but I just like feeling all "secure" and whatnot :P
  • jessicawindschitl
    Options
    I sleep in my bra, sports or full coverage support. I agree with the uncomfortable feeling without one! I am also a quite endowed chested female however :P.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I sleep with a full support underwire. I always have. I swear by it though. I'm the only chick I know my age that has ZERO sag to her breasts. I'm used to it and feel uncomfortable without it. Anyone who says it's uncomfortable just hasn't given it a chance. I even wear an underwire bra under my sports bras when working out. I have larger breasts so I don't like to have them bounce or move around while working out or sleeping.

I do the two-bra thing, too! I have to, otherwise I'm miserable. Regular bra, then sports bra. Plus Jenna Marbles said that's how you are supposed to make them look perkier and give yourself the illusion of more cleavage. And it does work with the perkiness - I've had more than my fair share of significantly older than me ladies ask me where I buy my "super supportive bras". :wink:
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If I am home for longer than a half hour, the bra is coming off.

I hear ya! I don't wear one unless I HAVE to! Hubby doesn't seem to mind...lol
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    nope for me
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    No bra I actually sleep in my birthday suite. I heard that sleeping with your bra on increases you chances of getting breast cancer. So ever since I heard that I have slept without.

Interesting. Physiologically I'm trying to figure this one out. Anyone else heard this? Have links? It doesn't make sense in my head, but it's also nearly midnight and I've been up since 6 AM.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    No way - boy I cant even "nap" with my bra on - wow - I am really amazed at how many of you sleep with their bra's on....
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Interesting. Physiologically I'm trying to figure this one out. Anyone else heard this? Have links? It doesn't make sense in my head, but it's also nearly midnight and I've been up since 6 AM.

I've been trying to figure this one out too. Any thoughts, ladies?
    Either way, my bra ain't coming off, I think it's that I have some weird fear I'll sag...haha I'm a loon.
  • CBM23
    CBM23 Posts: 36
    Options
    I sleep with my regular bar, under wire and all, every single night. For me its more uncomfortable not to. Your not crazy, its a personal preference :)
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    its a 50/50 situation ;p lol
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    did a quick google search on the whole 'bras and breast cancer' thing

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/16/science/16qna.html

http://breastcancer.about.com/od/riskfactorsindetail/a/bras-breast-cancer.htm

And nothing wrong with it, but I still don't see wearing a bra to bed being at all comfortable! lol
  • iam2gr82bu
    Options
    I have to wear one at night... it's like sleeping naked... what if there's a fire or something and you have to run out the house... then I'll be standing with my arms folded across my chest, trying to hide them, looking dumb lol
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I always sleep in just bikini undies haha I can't wear anything else, even if I wore a thong that day, gotta change to bikini style :p
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have to... I'm uncomfortable without it on. I wear a sports bra though to bed, cus it just feels like a tighter top and holds the twins in place.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I sleep with a loose bra on.

I am also uncomfortable / boobs ache without it.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Bra on, maybe just a prude, but yeah, need it on :happy: