What was your trigger to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    1.) Knowing I've gained weight and not feeling good about my size
    2.) The realization that if I don't make weight or tape, my job is gone and I'm once again a civilian.
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    My ex.He used to insult me a lot because of my weight and eventually dumped me telling that I'm not his type.This made me want to get back at him and my form of revenge was to get a hot body.I have lost 32lbs so far and is just 4 lbs shy of being in the normal BMI range!Though I started this journey to do what he thought I couldn't,now I am doing it for ME!

I kinda ran into him earlier this month and I am sure that his jaw hit the floor. He said I'm hawt!-in case if anyone was wondering!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Not being able to find clothes that fit at the usual places I'd go like H&M or Forever 21 and having to shop at Wal-Mart (they had extended sizes).
  • aj11016
    Options
    for me, it was realizing that my son (who was about to become a toddler) was watching me shovel all sorts of bad stuff in my mouth, and realizing that I am the one who starts to teach him how to eat. I know that my bad habits about food came super early in life and vowed I would break the cycle and my issues would NOT become his... so far 40 lbs down and counting
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I saw some pics of me 3 years ago one day and the smile on my face and someting just clicked...I said I need to find that Joe again...Keep the Focus & Finish Strong!

Stay Healthy My Friends !

Joe:drinker:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I had always been thin but this past late spring/summer I gained quite a bit of weight (from 140-145 to 162) and I hated how I looked and felt.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Depression and really low self esteem. Lost the weight but the feelings are still there.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    JerseyGirlHeart Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Pictures really. I am not fat my any means, but compared to a lot of my friends and schoolmates, I am huge! I am 5'9'' don't get me wrong, but I look like a giant in pictures. I just want to slim down and fit in smaller jeans as well.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I was fat and loathsome but thought I was carrying it well for the most part.

NOT!
    Somebody snapped a picture, and I saw myself as I was.
    I ask my wife about it. Yes, you're FAT!

And the last straw was her confession that I was just not attractive but she still loved me. That hurt.
    I would not have blamed her if she had started an affair with a fit guy who was attractive. In time she might have. I felt like a man who had dodged a bullet, so I got to work.

I've lost 64 lbs, look and feel good with 13 more lbs to go before reaching goal.

All is possible!
  • auctoritas
    Options
    I hit a size 16 in pants and then those started getting tight and I was like nope nope nope done with that.
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    I live in a community of slim, fit "beautiful" people. You would think that this would have motivated me, but it did not. What triggered things for me was a trip to my childhood home in the rural south, where many more people were overweight. I recognized that I fit in and I did not like it at all! I came home and immediately began dieting and regular exercise. One year and 50 pounds have passed.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My cholestrol was over 300 and I just didn't feel good about myself. The cholestorol is now way down and I feel so much better in my clothes and just overall!
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    A friend posted a 90 day challenge on Facebook. I lost 26 pounds, won the challenge and kept on going. I have about 20 pounds to go, give or take a couple.

That is my story. I didnt realize how big I was until I saw pictures of myself and then I kept saying Monday, I will start, and Monday never came and one day a friend posted a weightloss challenge on Facebook and I won, then another challenge 30 days later and I came in second and I found myfitness and kept going and still going. It has been tough this holiday season but I am pushing through! Its one of the best gifts you can give yourself "a healthy better you"!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I knew I want a family and I wanted to be there for them. I wanted be healthier, more active and beautiful on the outside, like I felt on the inside. So on 1/1/2011, I just got up,put the DVD in , pressed play, and haven't looked back. =]

5499814.png
  • pinkandstars09
    Options
    Well i have been battling weight off and on and was just about to embrace it and then i saw mine and my daughters xmas pics that we are going to send out this year and ummm i am so embarrassed to send them out. That made me go to the gym for an hour today when i saw them.
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hoping to have a baby, and having PCOS.

I have that....i just found that out a few months ago ...

And i didnt really have a trigger....my mom has been putting me on weight loss programs since i was 9 ....
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    I had my regular 6month consultants check (CKD - Stage 3) - always get weighed there. It was the end of August, we had been on an all - inclusive hols so was expecting to have put on. To my surprise I had lost! In fact I'd lost 7kg. So thought if I could do this without trying then what could I do trying. That was it, from that day onwards strick calorie controlled diet and exercise for me. Still a way to go but getting there. Hopefully by Spring 2013 I shall get to my ideal weight.:drinker:
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Getting a high lipid result. Really shocked me and gave me the kick I needed.
  • Naybelline
    Options
    I've just found out I have that... any tips?? :D
  • Naybelline
    Options
    I've just found out I have that... any tips?? :D