What was your trigger to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Naybelline....found out that you have what?
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Naybelline....found out that you have what?

I forgot to quote! new to the forums sorry...... high cholesterol, I meant to quote the lady up the top, but musta hit reply instead..
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    So many things built up to it...but the one that really shocked me was seeing a picture of myself with someone who I would have said was big...and realizing I was the same size as her.
  • Renea_Kay
    Options
    Well sorry but i dont really have advice for that...i've never had high cholesterol so i dont know ...eat cheerios? lol
  • liseyicious
    Options
    Wanted to wear my old clothes and fat hung everywhere...

also I am used to people guessing I am younger... now they guess older...lol
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    The photos of me at my brother's wedding. I felt so unhappy and uncomfortable in my body and boy did it show. I'd tried to get out of having my picture taken, but they got me!
  • bewell33
    bewell33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    howd you loose having possible pcos?
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My friend passed away from a heart attack at 27 years old, she was overweight and had a lot of health problems. I don't have any health problems but I saw myself heading that way...that was my wake up call.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    Mine was when my four year old neighbor pointed to a huge oak tree outside of our apartments and said, "Allyson, you're as big around as that tree."

Leave it to a four year old for blunt honesty.

Good thing now? She says, "You're disappearing!" now whenever she sees me.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I saw a rather unflattering photo of me, and I was shopping for a new job and realized that I had hit a size 18 in pants. It was the "kick in the pants" that I needed :-).
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    I applied for a job on a helicopter where the maximum weight was 97 kilos. I thought I weighed around 76 at that point. Anyway, I went on the training day, got kitted up and asked to stand on the scales so they could do the fuel calculations. I got on and it was 91 kilos, only 6 away from the max! Now I'm assuming that they go for your net weight and not your weight including helmet, flying jacket, uniform, etc, but even so, it was scary.

So... I got home, hopped on the scales and saw that I was 79.7kg, the HEAVIEST I've ever been. I then checked my diary and calculated that I'd put on 6 kilos in 6 months!

Oh... and the fact my "fat" pants for work were too tight and I couldn't even get my "non fat day" pants up over my thighs!!
  • zimmmmms
    zimmmmms Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tucking my belly fat into my jeans. Tucking it under the seat belt. Eating 8 kit-kats at work in one sitting and my co-workers telling me to finish up the donuts or the cake or the candy. Fear of things getting worse.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm just tired of buying "fat girl" clothes.
  • AutieBell
    AutieBell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tired of being afraid to lose the weight because of my eating disorders. I gained a lot of weight with my boyfriend when he had a tumor removed from his leg and he couldn't walk for almost a year. I became the biggest I had ever been in my life. I accepted I was going to be fat forever. My boyfriend loved me so why would it matter. I went to the doctor and they told me I weighed 289 pounds. I WOULD NOT weigh 300 pounds EVER! I became disgusted with what I let myself become all because I was afraid I would become anorexic/bulimic again. Two years and lots of support and a daily reminder to myself that I don't have to let the disorder trigger my brain, I am 105 pounds lighter. And I am not looking back. I deserve better for myself. A better lifestyle and everything and I did it. I want to be a better example for my niece and maybe eventually have my own kids.

P.S. I have a lot of loose skin from what I've done to my body that I won't be able to get rid of unless I have surgery to remove it. And I definitely don't have money for that. I've earned it as a trophy of a reminder of what I was. And I would rather have that then be unhealthy and fat again.
  • MissBettyBoop2
    MissBettyBoop2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was sick of being sick. Sick of not feeling good. Knew if I didn't do something soon, my weight was going to kill me.
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    After being married for a few years and struggling with fertility, I put on about 20lb. When we found out I would require IVF to have biological children, I needed a time-out and focused on me for a bit. I had been fit before I got married, and with a little work I got back into shape! When I was training for a 10k run I found out that miraculously I was pregnant! Fast forward a few years and I'm Mom to two beautiful boys, but 35lb over my ideal weight. The heaviest I've ever been. It's time to do that 10K.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    My health.
  • Renea_Kay
    Options
    howd you loose having possible pcos?

i have it ....and you can still loose...just makes it harder....lots of exercise and eating healthy...plus that helps the pcos too
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    A dual health scare. One for my husband and one for me was our wake up call. He had a blood sugar reading of over 300 in Feb. In March I was hospitalized with pneumonia and placed on oxygen. His doctor wanted him to go on meds but he said he could do it on his own and he did! At my first follow-up appointment I was told that unless I lost the weight I could be on the oxygen for life. Well screw that.

He has lost 75 lbs and I have lost 77 lbs since then. I'm still on the oxygen but getting better.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Giving birth. :happy:

... don't want my baby to start school and all he hears are "your momma so fat" jokes