800 Miles in 2009!

Options

Replies

• jephthah
    jephthah Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey all, I am up for this challenge, I already have a few miles in, but I don't know how many I have done, I know yesterday I did 4.78 miles
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    The government has a great "virtual" trip across the country you can do--i started it last year and made it to kansas before winter hit!

Go to this link and register--it's free! You then enter your daily mileage and if it's cycling, walking, etc. And it shows you where you are in the country, virtually. I found it a great motivating tool.

http://exercise.lbl.gov/index.html

Bamboo--that's great you've done that many miles cycling so far! The winter here has been horrid--we got 3" of snow Monday! snow2.gif
  • pooh70
    pooh70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the power cleaning. I need to motivate myself to do that too. I have decided that I have to get at least 2 miles everyday, but only got 1.8 today because I had a personal training session and that kicked my butt. Great job to everyone, you are all an inspiration! :happy:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    no working out for me today (and possibly tomorrow...) I'm about to head out for a 24 hour shift @ work...should be fun :noway:

I hope to get to the pool tomorrow afternoon after I get a little sleep!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I think that's a awsome idea. Unfortunately it's too cold here to drag my kids out in the cold and a gym membership is just too expenssive at the momment. I guess I'll just have to make it a summer goal. Thanks for the great idea!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    3 more miles down!!!!!

how are ya'll doing out there?????

Ang
  • Tiddle
    Options
    no working out yesterday or today, doing a track workout tomorrow morning, so should get in a few miles...

hope everyone is having a great week!!
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    I decided to change the distance I want to travel. I live in Northern California and have decided to walk/jog/run/elliptical to Ocean City, Maryland. The distance from my house to the Ocean City City Hall building is 2,889 miles so I just rounded up to 3,000. I'm hoping to get there by the end of the year.
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not posting I have been so busy at work...... I will be back this weekend ya all are doing great! :drinker: Ya for Friday:flowerforyou:

Josh
  • jephthah
    jephthah Posts: 5
    Options
    I pushed it and did 6 miles yesterday.
    3000 miles in a year, You can do it, I will up my goal next year, keeping at the 800.
  • Tiddle
    Options
    Did a little over 2 miles this morning, although I'm not sure how much, so I just added 2 :flowerforyou:

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!
  • cesblusk
    cesblusk Posts: 9
    Options
    OK, so I'll join in the fun. I'm kind of new to the site and I've been running for a bit. My sister and I may run a half marathon in a couple of months if we're ready. Wish us luck.

exercise.png
  • cesblusk
    Options
    So I created this ticker to track the mileage. Need some help on how to update it. Thanks!

exercise.png
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post in, just put my ticker up when the thread started. I'll walk most of my miles but just like the old "tortoise" I'll get there!
  • cesblusk
    Options
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    5.4 miles on the elliptical tonight.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have the same question as cesblusk- once you have the ticker, how do you add to it? do I have to go back to the site, update it, get the new code, and paste it in my signature every time I add mileage?

that seems like a lot of steps- there is probably a shortcut I just don't know yet, right?

anyone?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Double post!

But please do offer help on ticker changes!

anyone? anyone? Buehler?
  • Tiddle
    Options
    12 mile bike ride and 3.8 mile run
    (so I just added 3.5 to my ticker....I like even numbers)
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    2.25 mile run, 1.75 mile walk. 4 miles closer to Maryland:happy: