800 Miles in 2009!

Options

Replies

• cesblusk
    cesblusk Posts: 9
    Options
    I have the same question as cesblusk- once you have the ticker, how do you add to it? do I have to go back to the site, update it, get the new code, and paste it in my signature every time I add mileage?

that seems like a lot of steps- there is probably a shortcut I just don't know yet, right?

anyone?

The only way that I have figured out how to update the ticker is to go the website and update it. You can use the first line in the code that tickerfactory gives you.
    Example:

Go here and enter the password when you set up your ticker and update it. Then copy and paste the code in your sig. Not the easiest way but it worked for me.

If anyone knows of an easier way, I'm willing to listen.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I just go, put in my password and click on the "add" button. A little popup opens up and you put how many miles you want to add...and then it updates the ticker automatically
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Today is my day off, which is a good thing because I'm not feeling good. I'm not sure if I'm going to be working out tomorrow or not because I have a test at 7:30 p.m. and I can't exercise for 3 hours before. I'm doing a BodPod fitness test to see my body fat % and lean body mass %.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I just go, put in my password and click on the "add" button. A little popup opens up and you put how many miles you want to add...and then it updates the ticker automatically

how does it update the ticker that exists here at MFP? I went to their site, and hit the "add" button, and it gave me a new code, but when I cam eback to MFP, the ticker was the old amount. I had to go into "profile" and paste the new code.

Am I missing something? Or just wee-todd-did?
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It updates the ticker at tickerfactory.com but I think you have to copy and paste each time here at MFP...at least that's what I've been doing.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    If you have the option of opening new tabs on your task bar, this is how I do it (it's pretty long, so please bear with me but it gets the job done):

My Home, Settings, Change Forum Signature
    Scroll down to tickerfactory information. Highlight www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wESGI77/ (or whatever your last letters/numbers are)
    Copy and paste to a new tab on your task bar
    Click on Edit/Update
    Put in your Password or PIN
    Click the Add button
    An information bar notice will pop up. Close it and click to temporarily allow scripted windows
    Click Add again and put your mileage in the dialogue box that appears in the upper left of your screen and click ok
    Click next and you should be updated

Hope this makes sense and helps everyone out. Let me know if you have any problems.
  • Tiddle
    Options
    2 miles for me today -- 15:07 (thats my 2nd fastest 2 mile time ever!!) :smile:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options

Awesome! I can barely do one mile in that time frame:mad:
  • Tiddle
    Options

Awesome! I can barely do one mile in that time frame:mad:

thanks, it's taken a long time...

Anyone running/walking/eliptical/biking today?? I ran to and from the gym today...maybe 1/2 mile if I'm lucky, so I'm not adding that to my ticker, but I did get a really good lower body workout in this morning!!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I'm going to try to get a treadmill at the gym, but if not, I'll do the elliptical.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    5.3 on the elliptical.
  • jephthah
    jephthah Posts: 5
    Options
    9.75 on the elliptical yesterday.
  • Tiddle
    Options
    I ran 4 miles this morning (and I beat a few of the guys that normally run faster than me.....got myself a fist bump from one of them HAHA :laugh: )
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    I forgot to post my mileage yesterday and left my journal at home today:sad:

I know it was over 5 miles and think it was 5.4. So, that's what I'm going to put and if it was wrong, I'll adjust for today.

Good job, everyone.
  • Tiddle
    Options
    4.5 this morning, tough run, the first half was all up hill..

Happy Aloha Friday Everyone!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im glad everyone is doing so well. I have my steps i have to log and havent been walking much do to being sick so ive been slacking but im going to work on it this weekend.
  • Tiddle
    Options
    everyone have a good weekend?

I didnt do ANYTHING on Saturday b/c I was so sore from my run on Friday, Sunday I swam and ran about a mile, and this morning I ran about 2 miles and did a quick 30 minute upperbody workout.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey folks!!

Its been a while since I checked in, sorry, but I've been sick!! :sad: I'm doing better now and am slowing getting my miles back in. I did 3.6 yesterday and I hope to get in at least 4 today. :bigsmile:

Good luck everyone!!!
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Good morning, team. Yesterday I did 6 miles on the elliptical. It's wierd, but my gym has three different styles of ellipticals and it feels like, even though I do the same routine, that I get different stats with each machine. I'm going to try getting a treadmill today.
  • Tiddle
    Options
    4 miles this morning :flowerforyou:

Happy Hump Day!