Does your half/wife/partner supports you?

Options

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My husband just recently joined MFP and lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks!. He was never not supportive, but would complain when I couldn't eat a lot due to lack of calories, but now he does the same thing (even though he gets way more calories than me). So it's great we both do it now, now if I could just get him to get more into exercise.
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    most definately - he ALWAYS supports me in everything I do - and I do alot of things - well more like have a brain wave to do something but never follow thru - but with this it seems to have stuck - thank goodness....
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Well the problem with my wife is that she needs to loose some weight but I can't get her to either help me with grocery shopping for healthy food or join me.... she is a total addict for refined sugars..... Do I give up or.????

My hubby is similar with all the sugar and ghee, he won't join here, he doesn't want to go to the gym. He will play tennis with me but he can only do 30 min at a time. I try to push him, he ends up getting angry and taking it out on me. for me at this point I am just letting him decide what he wants to do hoping he will be happy again. I didn't know that my losing weight could ever cause him so much grief. :sad:

If you have any advice it would be appreciative
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    Yes, he does. He has absolutely no want or desire to exercise or eat better but he happily accommodates for me. He watches the kids when I go workout, makes food if it is needed and will tolerate different menu choices as long as I let him eat out for lunch with his work friends when he wants (which I could care less about).

My kids are even on board with it. My oldest who is a teenager will watch the 3 year old so that I can go workout, we have a gym in our apartments so I do not have to go but 25yrds away. :bigsmile:

It makes me feel good that even though they have no want to join me, they are still happy to cheer me on.
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No, mine isn't. He seems to feel threatened by it. He has always been the "center of attention" kind of guy, so I think that has something to do with it. I don't let it affect my motivation at all though - if anything, I think it gives me more because I feel like he is waiting for me to give up. I am doing this for me. He can deal with it however he needs to, or not at all, but it isn't going to stop me. That may sound mean, but that is where I am at. My mind is made up that I am going to lose this weight and that's that! Over 15 years of marriage and motherhood I have took care of everyone but me. The way I see it is that it isn't wrong for me to be selfish about my health. I want to be around to see my children get married and have children and once they are both out of the house, I want to be able to be active and enjoy my life - not watch it pass me by.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Nah, but I found this great site that is filled with people that do support me...................................
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    he misses fast food but eats pizza at work so.. but he doesnt judge me. he takes me to my stores to get what i want and tries what i make, thats why i am marrying him! ;p... well not just that of course.. lol
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    All the way. He's on here too :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    He's neutral although sometimes gets angry whenever I get sick & assumes that I overtrain.

Moreover I noticed that lately he's becoming more jealous especially when it comes to posting my latest pics on facebook.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    yes he does! and most often at my times of weakness he reminds me of my goals. today for instance while buying candy for the kids' stockings I was like..... " weeeell, maybe I DO want some for mine too" he was like " no you don't. you only wanted that mocha lollipop remember.?." my response was " BLAH BLAH" LMAO he says " you're doing so good babe keep up with your great work"

and what I love most is that he supports me for what I am doing for ME.... he has no intensions of changing me...like if my goal was to be a fat *kitten* he would support me because he loves me for me and just wants me to succeed at my goals LMAO he's truly a sweetheart.. don't get me wrong we don't have a picture perfect relationship we argue and bicker like the next married couple hahaha but he is supporting and caring when it counts! I love him! thanks for this thread and letting me brag about my hubby hehehehe
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yes, beyond belief. At the same time he gives me french fries and pizza every now and again. I love it because even though i'm losing weight, i'm still eating the foods i love. I couldn't do it w/out eating some bad foods. I have to do it or i'll go insane.
    Even if he wasn't supportive, i wouldn't let that get in the way of what i want the most. I've lost more weight than i could've imagined and i'm still continuing to lose it whether he or anyone else is behind me or not. Do what's best for you! Things can only look brighter from here as long as you ALLOW it!!!
  • GrandmasterZiggy
    Options
    my fiancee supports me! she is on MFP as well which is why I joined!! Add her. She rocks :) Her name is --> Jenswwjourney
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not exactly. He has been the one harrassing me to lose weight for years. Now that I actually am, he is eating like a hog! Go figure! He is in the Army so he has PT everyday and such, so he never packs on the pounds, but he sure eats a ton of crap! so i wouldn't exactly call that supportive. He says nice things now, but he said horrible things in the past.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Curt is the most supportive partner I could ask for. He is always encouraging me, and has ensured me that he will keep my goals in mind when we are going out to eat, etc. He's even excited to hit the gym together when I get home in January! :D
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends support me! A few of them really do support me! :)
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    a little bit. she says i'm obsessed because I go to the gym 5 - 6 times a week and i watch what i eat through out the day... I try not to eat unhealthy foods through out the week. I usually give myself a cheat day once a week but when I stick to my healthy lifestyle, it annoys her a little bit. She's starting to come around and accept that it's a new lifestyle and it's not going to change.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    he supports me 99% haha he gets a little annoyed when i'm scanning everything he puts into a recipe :p
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Most of the time!

He says he loves me no matter what. Fat or thin. But his main priority is my happiness and if me losing weight will make me happy he will support no end.

Sometimes he slips up and offers me ice cream but he does weigh it out for me so I can fir it into my days calories limit :D or if I have no calories left he'll keep me entertained whie i jog on the spot to earn some more calories or similar or he'll eat his in the kitchen so i'm not tempted.

Although occasionaly when I'm really craving I can twist his arm to buy me some yummies - it goes back to the "he just wants me to be happy" although he does try and talk me out of it at first :D

Lucky I am, and I know it:D
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. He is also on MFP so we are on this Journey together. He inspires me daily and I hope I inspire him as well. Sure does make it easier with Both of us doing it together.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I get no special treatment. Food on the table, its up to me as to how much I eat. However I have been pleased that my better half has started to brag (a little) about my weight loss ;)