Does your half/wife/partner supports you?

Options

Replies

• BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. He is also on MFP so we are on this Journey together. He inspires me daily and I hope I inspire him as well. Sure does make it easier with Both of us doing it together.
    I know what you mean, and I also hear others, and my heart goes out.

Given those conditions, I'd get in shape and make a trade in...lol
    There are ALWAYS possibilities.:drinker:
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yes. He understands that I will need time at the gym or doing other exercise and he also tells me how well I am doing.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    100% hes amazing. When I first started dieting he did it with me for the first few weeks and if it wasnt for that I dont think I would have stuck to it. I couldnt ask for a more supportive boyfriend.
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Totally! He's awesome and so is my son. He liked me even when I didn't :love:
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    nope no at all he dosnt support me dont think he understands im trying to do it for better! just this weekend he bought me a pack of 5 doughnuts, 2 steak pies, 2 big bags of sweets, mince pies a whole tray (he dosnt eat them) 6 pancakes, 3 scones well as i said to him it will just sit in the cupboard untill he eats it! i have only touched the 2 pies and 2 pancakes. worst thing is none of that was for him he bought stuff for himself all i asked was for fruit but he didnt buy any :grumble: i also have to get the kids all sortted for bed and asleep before i even think about exercise.

i shall keep going at it alone with the support from MFP :happy:
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    yes. my husband supports me in everything i do. He doesnt eat the foods i do so im always making myself my healthy meals and watching him and my kid eat the yummy food i would love to, but he never tries to get me to eat anything else.
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    Yes he does!! He even eats what I eat, and helps me pick out foods at the grocery store!
    He's not doing it to lose weight like I am (he's already skinny!), but to be healthy!
    I'm very greatful I have him and my MFP friends :heart:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    he sure does..he tries to watch what he eats with certain things, but i give him the ok to eat those things around me..he is hesitant, but he is so proud of my accomplishment so far..my kids try to be, but they ARE kids, so they dont fully understand it all..i have very supportive people in my life:happy:
  • jlowensby
    Options
    Yes I do. He is behind whatever makes me happy. He even lets me re-vamp his lunch so he is eating healthier too....:) very lucky to have a supportive Hubs!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    1000%!! we do all of this together, he's on here with me, we exercise together, he makes dinner all the time and we share grocery list duties. even though i started in january, and he only started in july, he still supported me while i did this, it was just a little harder on my end to eat as well. it's been a lot easier for me since he got on board :)
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You mean like brings cakes cookies and fast food home....not so much
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My hubby calls me HIS INCREDABLE SHRINKING WOMEN!! :love:
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend supports me in his own way. He hasn't changed anything for himself (despite my constant attempts) but he has cut out fast foods with me. And every time I have an NSV or something, he is always happy and we are excited about it for a few minutes. :)
  • nukehiker
    Options
    Nope, zero, nadda.........etc
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Nope, zero, nadda.........etc

THIS!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    NO.... this is why he is an EX....
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Best supporter I have. Plus - he enjoys the new me as much as I do :wink: :wink:
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    No! I don't feel any support....he likes his meat and potatoes plus fried foods. When I was going to the gym regular he never said a word even when I know I looked good. When I stopped well all he would say is gee putting the weight back again I see, when was the last time you were at the gym.....exercise at home is also a joke to him, he says he is a former Marine and did his share of exercise and doesn't need it.....I ask him when the baby is coming...?? We have also been married for 37 yrs. so I just let him roll off my shoulders.....sometimes it really hurts though.....
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Not really. The other day I asked him to get a slice of cake from the bakery for me and instead he brought home a whole cake! I was like "really"?
    I do have the support of my mom (too bad she lives 4 hours away from me)
  • KCharron20
    Options
    Absolutely! I could not have done it without him! He is my biggest supporter and cheerleader!