What was the best thing that happened to you this year?

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Ran the Boston Marathon after qualifying in August 2010.:drinker:

Became a grandmother for the first time to a beautiful granddaughter. :happy: :heart: :happy:
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    These are amazing! Congratulations to everyone for their accomplishments this year!

Mine are small in comparison:
    Finally went to Yellowstone...got to see the mountains and it woke me up. I realized I wanted to get in shape and be healthy again so I can have many more vaction hiking and exploringthe amazing world around me!

I feel so alive and happy now that I have made a commitment to taking care of myself!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My husband returned from a 10 1/2 month deployment, we got a second puppy, we got to visit each of our families, and we bought our first house. Great year!
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Finally conceived and gave birth to my second child after 9 months of trying to conceive and moved 5-6 hours drive away from the toxic in-laws.
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    -Finding MFP and all my MFP pals
    -Getting diagnosed as hypothyroid--finally a confirmation that I wasn't crazy, that I really have a medical condition that killed my metabolism --feeling soooo much better on meds
    -Letting my BF more and more into my heart and seeing how wonderful love can be (even if it is a lot of work)
    -Making some new gf's in my new city
    -The confidence I've found via MFP
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Met the love of my life here on MFP. Lost 82 pounds of my 161 pounds total. 7 pounds away from losing half my original body weight from my heaviest of 336 lbs.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The birth of my daughter. Moving to Illinois.
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    Got married (awww).
    Quit the 9 to 5 and started freelancing full time.
    Reconnected with a former friend.
    Renewed my library card.
    Developed a healthy relationship with food.
    Wore out my first pair of running shoes.

2011 was pretty awesome.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My son was born and survived having a congenital lung mass, ECMO and being in the NICU for 3 months. The other best thing is that now he sleeps through the night. It really sucked getting up so often and tube feeding him at 4am.

I'm ready for 2012 to be really awesome!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    losing 50 pounds!!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Found this site and in-turn met the love of my life

Wow! I did this exact same thing.....and fell in love with you. :heart: :love: :heart:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I've had a LOT of terrible things happen this year, so it actually took me all day to come up with this list of good stuff. It had to be a list not just one thing, otherwise I'd end up going into 2012 in a straight-jacket.

- I got my degree in English.
    - I got a job.
    - I got a 25% pay increase to stay at that job when I told them I was moving because I couldn't make ends meet here. (I had only been there 2.5 months at the time, so that should vouch for the fact that either they're a touch of crazy or I'm really awesome...or a little of both)
    - I'm ended an unhealthy relationship.
    - I made seriously awesome friends this year.
    - I got an apartment in the area I wanted to move for the price I wanted to pay. (not as easy as it sounds)
    - I went to California THREE TIMES! And I met Tiggerrick! I also met another online friend I've known for 12 years now.
    - I hiked mountains for the first time in my entire life.
    - I went to Disney one last time with my kids before they're "too old" to appreciate it.
    - I didn't die from all of the awful health ailments I had this year, though I really thought I would sometimes.
    - I weigh less and am in better shape than when I was in my early 20s.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Met the love of my life here on MFP. Lost 82 pounds of my 161 pounds total. 7 pounds away from losing half my original body weight from my heaviest of 336 lbs.

that is so cool. :happy:
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Finding MFP

Learning to eat healthy and liking it

Exercising again

Losing 55 pounds and that's just for now!

Getting better and more normal sleep hours

Taking less medication

Finding the right Neurologist who put me on a new medication and now I am walking brace and cane free!

Finding wonderful/supportive MFP friends

Sorry---too many to name just one!!
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    While I didn't lose as much weight as I wanted to this year, I have continued to do the right thing most of the time, and I am still losing.

I have made new friends here at MFP and rebonded with old ones.

I became licensed to teach Turbo Kick and taught my first Zumba class.

I fell in love, and I fell hard. :love:

I've gotten some of my ambition back after being knocked down for several years.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    My fiancée said YES!
  • reharvrun
    Options
    I started running in March, ran 5ks and did a 10k race, lost 45 lbs., and made some great new friends in the process.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    to teagin2002
    I'm so sorry you are having to deal with anything less than a very supportive partner. Maybe he is feeling insecure and needing reassurance. Or maybe he just needs to be reminded that you want to be treated with respect. Good luck with this. You have done an amazing thing and you should feel very proud.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

That's awesome!! Congratulations!!
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I filed for divorce in September.
    Completed my first marathon, lost the last of my weight (110lb. weight loss after 2.5 years of losing), and found happiness in so many ways here on MFP.